Destination D23 11/19-21 2021

I lucked out and actually got a preferred ticket. In answer to some of the questions, I've been going to the last 5 Destination D events and I don't believe that the first 4 even sold out. The last one I think took weeks to sell out. Don't forget, most people waited for the Expo. I did get into the queue after only 3 refreshes at exactly 1 PM and waited about 5 minutes to reach the ticket page. The bottom line is that there was a tremendous longing to go to any event since it's been so long that one was held. Now let's see what happens in (probably) September when tickets go on sale for the 2022 Expo.

For those of you that have been before, what is the schedule typically like? I noticed the 2019 event had exhibits on Friday but nothing specific planned. They've announced the movie and the shopping opportunity for Friday but can we expect it to be a quiet day otherwise? I know we are guessing at this point. BTW, the park ticket prices were pretty decent.

Last edited:

Can anyone tell me if it’s normal for tickets to sell out so fast? I’m actually staying at BLT during the event and then purposely signed up for D23 membership thinking I should take advantage since I’ll already be there and at the ideal hotel too but sadly, all tickets sold out. Now I’m regretting the membership but wanted to know if there’s usually more availability for the event or if it’s usually a luck thing to score tickets?
Yeah I am kind of regretting my membership too. At least it came with a cool lunchbox and record.

Congratulations! Are you going for merchandise, panels, pins, final party?!

Mostly because we had planned to be there the 19th-24th and decided let's do something different when this was announced so we added an extra day. There isn't much new since we were last there so only wanted to hit up the new nighttime shows, Ratatouille whatever version of Christmas Party they have and maybe Food and Wine on one of its final days though Food and Wine has gotten to be an overpriced bore (with a madhouse on the weekends.)

Last edited:
For those lucky ones going, can you post the room price offers that they gave you? Just so I can be a little more jealous! I'll never forget a few years ago I got Contemporary for $236/night for a Destination D!

For those lucky ones going, can you post the room price offers that they gave you? Just so I can be a little more jealous! I'll never forget a few years ago I got Contemporary for $236/night for a Destination D!
I posted an image of the prices earlier. The Deluxe resorts were $328. At that price, we would have done Contemporary (it was main tower and lake view) but missed out. Never have stayed there. We had DVC rooms at VGF but needed an extra night and was able to get Coronado. But still bummed to have missed out on CR... the regular price is like $800, if you can find it.

Mostly because we had planned to be there the 19th-24th and decided let's do something different when this was announced so we added an extra day. There isn't much new since we were last there so only wanted to hit up the new nighttime shows, Ratatouille whatever version of Christmas Party they have and maybe Food and Wine on one of its final days though Food and Wine has gotten to be an overpriced bore (with a madhouse on the weekends.)

Ah...I wish I could ask you something... oh well

Really looking forward to this! Just got a regular seat but splurged on a room at the Contemporary Friday and Saturday nights. I'm guessing the Friday night screening will be Encanto. I hope there are some trailers/footage from the Star Wars shows during the Disney+ presentation. The highlights will be the presentations on the 50th. Should be fun!

Really looking forward to this! Just got a regular seat but splurged on a room at the Contemporary Friday and Saturday nights. I'm guessing the Friday night screening will be Encanto. I hope there are some trailers/footage from the Star Wars shows during the Disney+ presentation. The highlights will be the presentations on the 50th. Should be fun!
Ooh, did you score the discounted rooms? Awesome. Jealous!

We got CSR for $190/night, regular rate (standard room) would be $297 (possibly that's an AP discount rate - didn't pay attention when I checked but was signed in on my MDE). We are excited! We already had an offsite timeshare booked for Nov. 14-21 before the Destination D23 dates were announced, so just needed to add the Sunday night at CSR so we don't have to miss whatever happens on Sunday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter