• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dessert Party Reservations

yea unfortunately it would be tomorrow for my 5 day... ugh not sure... I hope at least if they couldn't add then they could let me cancel then without a penalty?
We saw people divide up parties and have some members stand outside the gate/fence of the desert party viewing area.

Since it’s only 2 of you and personally it’s no fun eating alone, I would cancel if you can’t find anything (keeping fingers crossed that you do). It’s easier for 2 people to find a spot in the hub vs 5 with a double stroller (us). Even a bit of a side view in the hub is good. Don’t go down to the end of Main Street as that view is not great unless you’re centered in the middle. I saw a video by Paging Mr Morrow (can’t seem to find it) where he was walking by and people who are on the sides of Main Street can’t see much of fireworks or projections and you can’t just squeeze in.

I still feel you can find something. Keep checking for a party of 2 and 4 (not just 1).

Edit: I see availability for 1 and 2 people pretty much every day for pre party

554C04DB-56EF-42F7-8028-71FF44F6A101.jpeg

Last edited:
I see no MK park passes, but if you have park hoppers then you can hop after 2 pm.

And availability for the after party

View attachment 666578
Yea we want to do treats and seats since my husband does not want to wait for for an hour and a half for fireworks since most of the blogs says you have to get in line about 30 minutes before check in to get good viewing areas as it’s pretty crowded now.

We have park hoppers so if anything showed up we could in theory go during the trip but maybe just cancel and wait for next trip.

Yea we want to do treats and seats since my husband does not want to wait for for an hour and a half for fireworks since most of the blogs says you have to get in line about 30 minutes before check in to get good viewing areas as it’s pretty crowded now.

We have park hoppers so if anything showed up we could in theory go during the trip but maybe just cancel and wait for next trip.
We did the after party in Nov and this March. We checked in 20 mins before fireworks and there was plenty of space for 5 of us in the plaza garden area and we had a good view. After the fireworks, we waited a few minutes for crowds to clear before we lined up for the people mover. Buzz went down but we could have ridden it as well.

We entered the after party dessert buffet area around 9:45 pm and everything was still being replenished (except the chocolate covered strawberries which we asked a CM and received the last 4).

https://www.disboards.com/threads/can-we-talk-dessert-party.3855046/page-12#post-63970522

Hi all! We're booked at the pre-dessert party. If the start time is 7:50pm, and fireworks start at 9:20pm, what time should we arrive at the dessert party, and what time should we leave the party for the plaza garden? We're trying to balance the enjoyment factor from the dessert party, but still getting a good view of the fireworks. Do people generally sit in the plaza garden, or do they stand? I've seen both over the years, so wondered what the current situation generally is at this point.

Maybe they weren't going to sell tickets because they knew it was going to rain every.single.night. 🤣
How many of us got rained on? 🙋‍♀️
We got absolutely drenched on 5/17. The dessert party was still fantastic, and I would definitely do it again. It was nice to be able to take cover and enjoy some food and drinks while the storm passed, instead of running for a bus. The cast members were also fantastic, letting me into the party when we hadn't all arrived (I had 3 very scared kids with me - we were only 4/10 of our party - we got separated in the chaos).
We came home Sunday. Already dreaming of another trip.

I think because they are Enchanting Extras, they are released exactly at the 60 day mark, and not the 60+your resort stay. That being said, I have been on the reservations page for the past 3 days at midnight, just trying gauge how competitive the booking is and all 3 nights I came back with no availability 60 days out, even for just 1 person.

My trip isn't until September, but at this rate, I am not confident I'll be able to land a booking.
July and august just opened up this morning

Reactions: CJK
I am wondering if there is still a problem with late Aug. dates? My ADR day is coming up for our early Sept trip. I haven't found dates open past Aug 11. I have been checking the newest open day the last few days and Buzz says it's "unavailable".

I am wondering if there is still a problem with late Aug. dates? My ADR day is coming up for our early Sept trip. I haven't found dates open past Aug 11. I have been checking the newest open day the last few days and Buzz says it's "unavailable".
The only thing I need that never released slots after aug 11th are the dessert parties. I believe they are figuring out things for the MNSSHP (1st party on august 12th)

I noticed they released the 1st and 2nd September for dessert parties on my reservation dates but never saw anything for the earlier part from 23rd August onwards. I thought it was because of the MNSSHP also but then why is September showing now?

I booked 2 of us in for our last night but will keep looking!

I noticed they released the 1st and 2nd September for dessert parties on my reservation dates but never saw anything for the earlier part from 23rd August onwards. I thought it was because of the MNSSHP also but then why is September showing now?

I booked 2 of us in for our last night but will keep looking!
This happened back in May, a random two weeks not loaded. They ended up becoming available about a month out. No rhyme or reason as far as I know. Looking to book for the latter part of August....will be keeping an eye on it.

It looks like the parties for Sept are loading just fine, so I am relieved. I hope they get late Aug. figured out for those who need those dates.
If I want to try to fit in a couple more rides after fireworks, should we do the pre fireworks party?

It looks like the parties for Sept are loading just fine, so I am relieved. I hope they get late Aug. figured out for those who need those dates.
If I want to try to fit in a couple more rides after fireworks, should we do the pre fireworks party?
Yes, do the pre-party so you can jet to your next attraction after the fireworks end. Just be forewarned it's a bit difficult getting out of the viewing area as there is a flood of people trying to exit. You're definitely going to have to "swim" upstream for a bit.

If they ever release the late august dates, I still hesitate between the treat&seats, the pre and after party :/

If they ever release the late august dates, I still hesitate between the treat&seats, the pre and after party :/
I've done all three....
  • Treats and Seats
    • Pro: If you've seen the show before and would rather have a seat throughout the show, Treats and Seats is for you. You can also continue to enjoy you beverages and snacks
    • I also found it easier to exit after the fireworks, you can head right into Tomorrowland if you plan on doing more attractions.
    • Con: Your view is off center and not directly in front of the castle so you don't get the best view of the projections.
  • Pre-party
    • Pro: Great view of castle (view is spot on).
    • Pro: Great option if you want to enjoy attractions after the fireworks.
    • Con: Standing room only, so you'll have to maneuver a bit to get a full view.
    • Con: Getting out of the viewing area can be a pain
  • Post-party
    • Cons: Same as pre-party
    • Usually pick this option if I'm attending after hours events....allows for me to enjoy my desserts while the crowds exit.
    • Great option if you want to relax a bit after the fireworks and let the crowds dissipate, not a great option if you want to ride attractions after the fireworks.

I've done all three....
  • Treats and Seats
    • Pro: If you've seen the show before and would rather have a seat throughout the show, Treats and Seats is for you. You can also continue to enjoy you beverages and snacks
    • I also found it easier to exit after the fireworks, you can head right into Tomorrowland if you plan on doing more attractions.
    • Con: Your view is off center and not directly in front of the castle so you don't get the best view of the projections.
  • Pre-party
    • Pro: Great view of castle (view is spot on).
    • Pro: Great option if you want to enjoy attractions after the fireworks.
    • Con: Standing room only, so you'll have to maneuver a bit to get a full view.
    • Con: Getting out of the viewing area can be a pain
  • Post-party
    • Cons: Same as pre-party
    • Usually pick this option if I'm attending after hours events....allows for me to enjoy my desserts while the crowds exit.
    • Great option if you want to relax a bit after the fireworks and let the crowds dissipate, not a great option if you want to ride attractions after the fireworks.
One thing I did not have in my pros/cons list from what I have read is to get the After one if you are attending the EE. I have the MNSSHP on 23rd of August and we might try to also attend the EE on August 24th so that would make sense.
Thanks for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter