Dessert Party Reservations

Some sort of heads up definitely would have been appreciated. Now to come up with alternative Birthday plans :charac2:

I've been trying to book any of the Dessert Parties from May 14-22....and I've had zero luck in finding anything. I've been looking at the 60 day mark and everyday since....maybe I'll try and call Disney Dining....???? Strange that NOTHING was available during that time....
Honestly don't bother calling they won't be able to tell you anything, this website has been far more useful than the helpline. Just stick with the app or desktop site.

We are mainly going down for Universal, but were planning on going to Magic Kingdom for one day. This has irritated me so much that I am seriously considering cancelling the Disney day. If they want to pull crap like this, they aren't getting a dime from me.

We've been planning our trip since 2018 (haven't been since 2000). I had dessert party reservations for May 2020 and was so excited-short lived excitement! And now I can't get the dessert party at all the week we are there. It's a special trip and our last one (due to to health reasons). Very sad! I'm still holding out hope but that hope is getting dimmer by the day. We won't let it ruin our vacation but seeing the fireworks are a priority and I get panic attacks when standing in large crowds of people standing shoulder to shoulder so we'll have to pivot:sad1:

We've been trying for May 17th or 20th since before the 60 days. No luck. My mom has talked to Disney 3 times. On 4/8, they said they must not have been released yet. On 4/9, they told her it was sold out. Today she asked them to confirm that the dates had opened. They told her the dates had opened and sold out (every date between 5/15-5/31), and we missed them because they open at 60+10. I've been checking at both midnight and 6 a.m., AND I have dining alerts and have seen NOTHING.
So frustrated....

We've been trying for May 17th or 20th since before the 60 days. No luck. My mom has talked to Disney 3 times. On 4/8, they said they must not have been released yet. On 4/9, they told her it was sold out. Today she asked them to confirm that the dates had opened. They told her the dates had opened and sold out (every date between 5/15-5/31), and we missed them because they open at 60+10. I've been checking at both midnight and 6 a.m., AND I have dining alerts and have seen NOTHING.
So frustrated....
I’ve been getting the same stories! I’ve called twice, live chatted twice and sent an email. I decided to sign up for notifications for the FerryTale Fireworks and got notified today and was able to make a reservation. So, I really wanted the seats and treats, but this should be fun too.

So frustrated....
That seems somewhat true. But, I will add that not all of the dates were able to be booked at that time. The sates were gray. I was on as soon as they were blue and nothing. Definitely some shenanigans happening.

So frustrated....
They definitely weren't released @ 60+10 for the 17th as this was one of the dates I was trying to book, the dates were still greyed out at this time. My partner called yesterday and asked the cast memeber to look into the actual booking and she said they had been booked but said categorically that they wouldn't let a company block book dates in such numbers. Something has gong wrong here but just can't seem to get an answer, maybe they've double booked or something like that. I've also recently been searching for the full month of May just for single bookings and nothing comes up. I've also had an alert set up for a few weeks for multiple days in a 2 week period and still nothing. My partner and I have both agreed to call it a day terms of looking each day but we'll still leave the alert set up just in case. What's funny is, expect teats and seats they don't seem to sell out that quickly looking at Junes dates.

Today was my ADR (and what an absolute circus it was). I was hoping to get either the pre-party or treats and seats MK dessert party, but when I try to reserve, it doesn't offer days past May 14. Is this a glitch on my account? Or do they not always open dessert party reservations at the 60 day mark? My fear is that they are sold out and I didn't even get a chance to book.

Thanks for any help!
My 60 days is tomorrow but the latest available date for the dessert party is 4 days behind this…they are still gray…don’t know if it’s worth staying up until midnight for no reason

My 60 days is tomorrow but the latest available date for the dessert party is 4 days behind this…they are still gray…don’t know if it’s worth staying up until midnight for no reason
That is totally up to you. They are not guaranteed to turn blue for you tonight. That can happen anytime really. I checked one day at 3:30ish PM EST and the dates were still gray. The next hour, they were blue. It had no rhyme or reason to why they turned blue at that time. I would set up an alert with a site.

They definitely weren't released @ 60+10 for the 17th as this was one of the dates I was trying to book, the dates were still greyed out at this time. My partner called yesterday and asked the cast memeber to look into the actual booking and she said they had been booked but said categorically that they wouldn't let a company block book dates in such numbers. Something has gong wrong here but just can't seem to get an answer, maybe they've double booked or something like that. I've also recently been searching for the full month of May just for single bookings and nothing comes up. I've also had an alert set up for a few weeks for multiple days in a 2 week period and still nothing. My partner and I have both agreed to call it a day terms of looking each day but we'll still leave the alert set up just in case. What's funny is, expect teats and seats they don't seem to sell out that quickly looking at Junes dates.
Dessert parties OPEN!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter