Denise's Days (Comments Welcome!)

Welcome back to the journal Denise. It doesn't seem possible school is almost out. Our kids go until 16 June!

And I know how crazy the west side has gotten. I have a good friend who lives in Danville, and whenever I visit her, I am amazed!

Hang in there, and enjoy the end of school. Lisa

Doreen and Lisa~Thank you so much for stopping by my journal. It's good to know I wasn't disowned in my absence! ;) I hope you two are doing well. School is out for the summer! Wednesday was the students' last day and yesterday was a teacher work day. DH and I both got out the same day. We work up early today and walked 5 miles and ran 2. Then, I did 15min. on the eliptical. This evening we went for another walk.

Total steps for the day = 25,963 (I love summer!)

I've only had 2 servings of dairy today and probably won't have another, as I have eaten all my meals already. This is going to be a tough week to get all three servings in b/c the store was out of light soymilk and I have to take lactaid with my milk in the morning. I'll see how it goes. I feel pretty good. I actually have a lot of school work to do this summer and I am teaching summer school near the end of summer (after WDW). DH and I are still in grad. school and will not graduate until September. I hope everying had a great Friday and enjoys the long weekend! :sunny:

Yesterday was a great day! DH and I walked 5 miles and ran 2 miles, then we spent the day walking around downtown.

Total steps for the day = 25,483

I did get all three servings of dairy in for the day. I can't decide what new goals I should set for myself, but I think I'll stick with these for another week and then add one or two. The scale has me down 2lbs this morning! That's always fun! We have not been moving yet today because we're trying to see what they weather is going to do (it's been raining on and off). Have a great day! :sunny:

Hi Denise!!!:wave2: I am so glad to see you back on the boards! I've missed you!
Wow! Am I jealous! School's out for you and you've got some free time. My kids don't finish until June 22!!!!:earseek: To make it even worse, my nephews from Cal are arriving June 5 for the summer. I will have to get my 2 up and off to school while they know their cousins are next door and have NO school!! Good luck to me!:rolleyes: I look forward to summer as much as the kids - no lunches to pack, no homework to supervise, no getting up and rushing out by 7:30 am..... Summer is definitely more relaxing for me too even though I work full time.
Boy oh boy, did you mean it when you said you exercise in the summer! Good for you! I love walking, but right now it just isn't something that fits in the schedule. I think when school gets out, I might make that a priority for my evenings. What an inspiration you are to me Denise!
How is the next WDW vacation planning going? We won't get there till next spring, but I know I'm already starting to look forward to it. :tongue:
The dairy is tuff for me to get in as well, as I am somewhat lactose intolerant. I find a little mozzarella cheese on my salad, the yogurt in the morning, helps me get closer on that goal. If I overdo, my body definitely lets me know!!;) Good luck in that area!
Have a great day! :sunny: Hope thats not the only sun you see today!!
TTFN-
Sharon

Hey, Sharon! Thanks for stopping by; I've missed you too. :sunny: I'm glad things will slow down for you once school is out for the kids. I can't believe they go so late into June; do they start late? We start again August 11 (I think, it's somewhere around there). I do love being off over the summer, but I feel like I let all my hard work go to waste once school starts again. My overall goal is to not let that affect me and to maintain during school. All we've planned for WDW is our sit down meals for my birthday, DH's birthday, and our anniversary (I'm eating my birthday meal with Mickey this year). We are really looking forward to this long trip because we won't be going back next year. My sister is getting married during the time we normally go and hopefully we'll be moving so a trip is out of the question. I hope the kids don't drive to too batty when their cousins arrive this week. Have you ever tried Lactaid for your intolerance? It works very well for me. I use it once or twice a day with cereal or a glass of milk. I try to drink soymilk once a day for the extra calcium and you don't even have to take Lactaid with yogurt because the cultures prevent it from making you ill (same goes for cottage and other aged cheeses). It's really nice not having to worry about getting sick after having cheese and milk. Wow! We really haven't "talked" in a long time; I'm talking your ear off! :sunny: Take it easy and try to relax.

It rained most of the day yesterday, but DH and I got out between storms and walked 3 miles and ran 2 miles. After that, the next storm moved in and we had to run to the car in the pouring rain as the tornado warning siren was going off! It was a little scary. I'm glad we went out and got that much in at least. Total steps = 9, 500.

Since we couldn't go out in the morning, I did a short arm and ab workout.

I hope everyone is doing well. Enjoy the day! :sunny:

:wave: Hi Denise,
Glad to have you back :D . Thanks for stopping by my journal. I am soo jealous of you countdown right now. I'm sure you guys will have a wonderful time celebrating all of you special occasions :sunny: . Hope you had a nice holiday :wave2: .

Hey, Valerie! Thanks for stopping by my journal. It's okay that you're jealous now b/c come December I'll be jealous of your trip and the nice weather you'll be traveling to! :p

I've been doing very well with dairy and exercising. I want to add in more strength training, but with all the walking/running we're doing, I just never feel up to it. Maybe I'll try after my legs get a little more used to the increased activity. Both yesterday and today I got all three servings of dairy and walked 5 miles and ran 2 miles in the morning and walked 5 miles in the evening. My shins have been hurting on the first couple miles each time, but I just work through this common pain and they loosen up before too long. I've been wearing running shoes in the morning and walking shoes in the evening and I think my feet have appreciated the change.

Total steps:

Monday = 23,560
Tuesday = 23,307

I think since it's a new month I'll add a new goal. I want to do ab and arm work at least twice a week and pilates twice a week. I'll start with the 20min. tape and see if I ever feel like doing the hour long one. I really enjoy these activities, I've just been so busy doing grad work and making curriculum changes for next school year in between our two workouts. I definitely need to work on toning though, so I must meet these new goals!

I hope everyone has had a wondeful day! :sunny:

I hope the scale shows how hard I've been working Sunday morning! On Wednesday, DH and I walked 4 miles and ran 2 miles in the morning. I rode the bike for 60min. that evening (26miles)! On Thursday, DH and I walked 5 miles and ran 2 miles in the morning and I did an arm and ab workout when we got home. Last night I rode the bike again for 60min. (27miles).

Total Steps:

Wednesday = 14,062
Thursday = 13,332

Even though I walked a mile more yesterday morning, my steps were lower because I wore my pedometer when we ran some errands on Wed.

Goals for the week:

Dairy = 5/7
Cardio= 5/7
Arms/Abs=1/2
Pilates=0/2

I have until Sunday to fulfill my goals. It looks good for most of them. I'm going to have to make myself do Pilates today and tomorrow.

Here's to a great day! :sunny:

Denise, I don't know how you do it :worship: Those exercise stats are awesome :teeth: . I hope the weigh in went well. Have a great night :D .

Hey, ladies! Thanks for stopping by and for the kind words. Trust me, this is way more exercise than I do during the school year. It's easy to be very active when all I do between workouts is grad. school work. Summer break is already flying--I can't believe I haven't been teaching for two weeks already! WDW will be here before I know it! I'll try to get caught up here--on the high step days, we walked again in the evening and on the lower step days I rode the bike for 60 min. at night:

Fri. 17,167 (this included grocery shopping and other errands)
Sat. 23,104
Sun. 13,277
Mon. 14,062
Tues. 19,327
Wed. 15,200

Each day includes a 2 mile run and 5-7 mile walk in the morning. This morning was the 14th day in a row DH and I woke up early and ran and walked!

I hope everyone is doing well! Have a great day! :sunny:

Denise, what a great job exercising you're doing! I can't imagine riding a bike for 60 minutes. My thighs are burning just thinking about it!

I hope your weather's been nice. It's great being able to get outside. I find myself not wanting to exercise to the WATP tapes now, since I'm so used to walking outside. So when it rains, I've been skipping it (bad for me!)

I'm also jealous of the countdown, but I know I'll be happy in December, when we're cruising!

Have a great weekend.

It does feel good exercising that much doesn't it? Once in the groove, I love it! :Pinkbounc Good for you.:D

:wave2: Hi there Denise,
Just popping in with a quick hello. Hope all is well with you :sunny: !

Hey Denise! What a great job you are doing!! You're quite the inspiration with all that exercise!! I think I would enjoy it as much as you if I had more free time like you do right now! Good for you!! And what great shape you will be in for WDW!! You'll be running through those parks!:tongue:
I'm glad all is going well with you. Have a wonderful week! :sunny:
TTFN-
Sharon

Wow! Thanks for all the replies, ladies!

Lisa~ I must admit, I hate riding the bike for that long, but I do it when we don't have time to go out while it's still light outside. I usually put in a movie or Mickey Mouse cartoons (anything w/o comercials!) to make the time pass faster.

Yeah, Sharon, I think I will be in good shape while at WDW, but I'm still trying to come up with some kind of plan so I don't fall apart once school starts again. My free time will become nill again. It won't be too hard at the beginning of the year b/c DH and I both coach cross country and run with the kids (and, yes, our schools run against each other! That's always fun!). I guess I just need to make myself run during my normal practice time when CC is over????

I slacked on posting near the end of last week so I'll start fresh with this week. (I did workout and everything every day last week; however, I did not accomplish my goal of pilates and arms and abs--I'm already doing better this week!

On Sunday, I was down another 1.4 lbs. Slow and steady--I think that's all I can ask for b/c I don't have much to lose in the first place. I do like getting back in shape and feeling better about myself. Here are my steps for this week so far:

Sun. 15,800
Mon. 14,749
Tues. 13,287

DH and I woke up early and walked 5.5 miles each day and then ran on the treadmills for 2 miles each night. I did 10 and 12 min. interval work on the elliptical on Monday and Tuesday, respectively. We decided that running on the pavement was really getting to our knees so we switched to the treadmills. We're doing fewer steps, but I thing we're still doing well. I've actually had enough time/energy to do arms and abs twice this week and Pilates once already! Have a great day, everyone! :sunny:

Hey Denise,

That photo of you and your husband looks great. You don't look like you need to lose anything. Good for you on all your exercise.

Hey Denise, that trip is coming up pretty quick!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I hope all is well with you and DH! Have a wonderful and safe trip. I hope you get to relax a little and just soak up the atmosphere. You'll be back to the grind soon enough!:rolleyes:
Are you all packed yet? I'd be packed and sitting by the door with only 4 days to go!!:teeth:

TTFN-
Sharon :sunny:

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter