Deluxe Room Upgrade, Worth It?

skidzam

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!!! My family of 4 is staying at the Hard Rock for 8 nights 6/27-7/7. I've booked a garden view room because I felt we wouldn't be spending that much time in the room and the extra money could be spent paying for Discovery Cove, Cirque du Soleil and food (the thought of paying for these things is giving me heart palpitations). I know we're going to be very cramped in the garden room, so my questions are:
1-Should I upgrade to Deluxe room now, it is really worth it? OR
2-Should I upgrade to a pool view room and use my Loew's complimentary suite upgrade to try to get a deluxe room at check-in (we'll be checking-in around 6:00 PM)?
Thanks to all, this will be our 1st time in Orlando and I want it to be very special for the kids.”

These are good questions and I am also interested in finding out whether an upgrade is worth it? I also reserved the standard room for our trip and have the suite upgrade card. My family thinks we're going to recieve a suite at checkin, but I don't think that's going to be the case. L0L.

Where did you get the suite upgrade card? Does anyone know how I can get one? Thanks.

I recd my suite upgrade card in a xmas card from Loews hotels. This was after I signed up for hte First Loews program freebies on their website.

So I guess there is no hope of receiving the card AFTER Christmas? I signed up for Loews first 2 weeks ago when I booked my trip. Has anyone heard of them giving upgrade cards since Christmas? I know it's a stretch, but it never hurts to ask!

I also booked a standard room with a family of 4 in HRH in Aug.using ET card. Rate was $117.50. I decided to upgrade to deluxe room for $149. The room is about 150 ft bigger and what the heck you are on vacation. I also have Loews card. But I did not want to take the chance of getting upgrade. It equates to about $30 a night and we are staying 3 nights. You have to do the math and see if it is right for you. FOr our family, it was worth it. We like our space.

minijeanie

Hi,
I have a club room booked and I did get a card for the free suite upgrade. My question is what's in a suite? Anyone Know if it's better than the club? Thanks

I called Loews about this to confirm that suites have separate sitting rooms. I was also advised that the sweet 'suite' upgrade is only available when you pay the rack rate.

Hi Paisleypi,
So you are in Jax too!! We've been here for just about a year and really like it!
Thanks for that info on the suite upgrade. I was going to call and ask about it but you beat me to it.
We are just spending the weekend at the end of March and I can't wait to try HRH. We loved the Portofino but I got a great rate at HRH. Let me know how your trip goes. Have fun.

Annieecho, How did you get your upgrade card? Was is from a Christmas card as well?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter