Delta cancelled our flight

Bubbleboy

DVC Nut
I have reservations to visit VWL from May 3-10th. This is our first visit using our points through DVC. We have had this trip planned for some time and made all our reservations months in advance. We were contacted by Travelocity today and informed that DELTA has removed a scheduled flight that we are supposed to be on coming back on the 10th. They said they had a couple of options for us. Either we could cancel the flight and get a full refund or take an earlier flight a day earlier. Getting a refund and booking another flight is not an option since all the remaining flights are almost double the price we purchased our original tickets for and are during poor times of the day for our 2 year old (red eye). Flying a day earlier takes a day off our vacation and the flight they are offering includes multiple layovers and arriving at our final destination at 12:30 AM. I wanted to contact someone at DELTA who can actually do something about this. Anyone know who I can call and discuss with?

Bubbleboy, I responded to your post on the DVC board, but in case you check here first.

Call Delta 800.221.1212 and get them to give you ALL the options. Any of the reservation agents can help you. I am not 100% sure that they can actually make the change since you have a Travel Agent (and I use that term loosely with Travelocity) but once you know what you can do call Travelocity and make them do what you decide is the best option. I have had lots of flights changed and Delta's normal mode is to put you on a flight the same day. I don't think Travelocity is giving you all the options!

According to your zip code, the flight in question is MCO-BOS. I happened to check May 10 and there seem to be some available flights.

I believe that, if Delta is capable of selling you a higher price ticket for a flight you like, they should replace the cancelled flight with that new flight at no extra charge.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

You are not alone, if you read these boards you will see it has happened to many includin us. Between the war and the switch to Song it's a big mess.

seashoreCM.
I am actually flying back into Bangor (BGR) and Delta says they are no longer offering the scheduled flight from BOS to BGR we were set to be on that day. They are offering to send us a day earlier through Atlanta to Cinc. to BGR.

I just checked the Delta website for May 10.

I found this flight DL express 2436 leaves Orlando at 4:25 pm connects in Boston with DL 6222 arrives in Bangor at 10:30 pm.

WOuld that work, if so ask for it. It is showing fairly full, but....

I just checked my reservation for July and they switched both my flights. So far it is not as bad, no connections but my son won't be able to get a swim in before the return flight home.

My dad just had this problem for his flight going from MCO to BOS also in May. They did away with the 2 pm flight, so Delta told him they could put him on a 9 AM flight. He said no way. There is a 4 PM flight, I want to be on that one. The agent said no, your ticket class is all sold out for that flight, you can't take it. He asked for a manager, and needless to say, he got on the 4 pm flight. Delta made the change, not him, and should be doing everything in its power to accomodate these people. Keep trying to take it to a higher level, explain that you are traveling with a young child, and keep fighting it!!

Delta is in the process of cutting flights by 12% systemwide. This is just one of many. This is also why I always book my tickets with the Airline and not a third party like Travelocity. It is much easier dealing with the airline when changes like this come up.

I, too, would call Delta and see what info they can give you. What Travelocity is offering you is nuts.

I spoke with Delta this morning for roughly an hour. After several offers from them to shorten our vacation or cancel the flight with a refund, they were able to find another flight for us later in the day on May 10th. They were very pleasant and said this type of scenario has become much more common lately with cut backs and the war. I am going to keep my fingers crossed that no other flights are changed between now and our departure. Thanks for your suggestions and help.

>>> The agent said no, your ticket class is all sold out for that flight, you can't take it.

Yes, keep asking for higher up personnel and managers, with multiple phone calls and letter writing if needed. But no yelling and screaming please. Also don't say the words "rule 240" (one of several rules that spells out passenger rights) unless you are specifically asked to.

Not sure about Delta Airlines but more and more these days, companies are setting up customer service centers in (moving their customer service centers to) other countries and hiring people there at lower wages. Often the people don't speak English very well and may also have restrictions on what waivers and favors they are permitted to grant. So you need to be more persevering when trying to get to higher levels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter