Delete Thread

Here and following along! So excited to read about your stay at AKL...that's where I'll be in May. We stopped by last week to see it for the first time before heading to Kidani for lunch at Sanaa. I totally agree that the lobby is stunning! I can't wait to stay there. I'm planning to request Zebra trail, 2nd or 3rd floor with easy access to the Mara. But I'm anxious to see how you enjoyed Kudu trail. Also excited to read about the Wild Africa Trek when you get to that part!!

I usually just lurk but my husband and I have the same experience with the photopass people. They always tell us to hug each other when we take pictures and its just such an awkward pose. I mean I love the guy but I don't generally hug him tight in pictures!

loving the TR so far and following along now. also was the pin part of the ride or did you buy that seperate and where from. Thanks

First-SUPERNATURAL!!!! I know I told you I love it but I don't think you understand how excited I get every time a reference or picture pops up in one of your reports :dancer:
OK. As excited as that made me I was very sad to hear about your negative experience at Trails End, b/c we love it. We did have a ridiculous wait past our ADR time on Thanksgiving but attributed it to the holiday. At least the sleigh ride made up for it! And the pin is adorable. Oh, we saw that decorated golf cart last month too, crazy! Some of those campsites go all out with the decorating!

Love your trip reports along with the cliffhangers! Can't wait for next exciting episode. We love the sleigh ride during Christmas season - never got a pin though.. don't really care of course as not why we ride it but a cool add on - love the horses.

Boo! I'm sorry your Trail's End experience was such a mess. I'm glad Josh's headache was better after you left. I have been the same way in certain places - like, the noise level or vibe/atmosphere is just off and it messes with how you feel. It happens to me in the bakery in France!

I love the sleigh ride pin! The kids and I collect pins, so I'm always looking for special ones like that. (Well, *I* collect them, the kids prefer trading.) We have no current plans to return during the holiday season, but now I feel like I need to to get a sleigh ride pin, LOL! I have problems!!

I also love the decorated golf cart! I feel like that will be me when I'm old. I'm moving to the Fort and making the most sparkly lit up RV site and golf cart EVER :rotfl:

Following along! Sounds like an amazing trip! We did a few similar things: winter trip, AKL and finishing the trip at Universal, MVMCP. Looks like you'll have a hard time topping this one.

Following along! Sounds like an amazing trip! We did a few similar things: winter trip, AKL and finishing the trip at Universal, MVMCP. Looks like you'll have a hard time topping this one.
Thank you! It was! I think we might, hopefully are next one will be as good!

Last edited:
I'm here and all caught up! Ok so on our arrival day we are going to Disney Springs but we won't have tons of time (a few hours) and we'll need to hit up a few stores. But of course, I want to go to one of the speciality dessert places, too. I missed out on Sprinkles last time but thought about it, or The Ganachery, or Amorette's. I think I have now decided Amorette's, partially bc of your visit/photos/review and bc of location (we will focus on the Marketplace section). So thanks for that!

Also, we have an ADR for Sanaa! So glad you enjoyed it, though I haven't read a bad review yet. I definitely plan to get the bread service as my meal...lol.

Love the upgrade to the room! I want to give AKL a try at some point but the location is just very dissuading.

Sorry to hear about Trail's End. We are doing the brunch in June. Hopefully we'll have better luck!

Ok, next up, I'll start your DR and your May PTR. You have really kept me entertained on Winter Break!

Amorettes is in a good choice, and we actually visited the Ganachery in September and didn't think it was anything special. Just a place you can buy pieces of chocolate which I never do on vacation because I never have time to eat them later. It was a very small store too.

Haha that's true it is big enough to get as a meal!

Me too! I think it was worth it even though it was far away from most parks we really enjoyed it and the buses were always on time, but we did have to leave extra early which is not our strong suit. I can see why the distance would be a factor it was something I considered leading up to us going too.

Hopefully brunch is better! I've heard good things about it.

:laughing: Glad I could help!
We tend to run late, too - completely my fault as my DH is one of those "despised" early people...lol. So not sure AKL would work out but I do plan to try it in the future if it works out to do so. We picked WL for June bc we spend so much time at MK with the boys being so young. Also I've always wanted to stay there and with the construction it seems a tad easier to get in there. I want either Beach Club or Boardwalk next time bc it will probably be in a couple years once Toy Story Land and, possibly, Star Wars Land is open, so we would love the closeness to DHS.

Just caught up with this TR & I'm loving it, thus far! Can't Wait to Read More! :jumping1:

The sleigh ride sounded so delightful & is definitely on my bucket list!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter