• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Delete Thread

:laughing: I actually haven't planned as extensively as I usually do. I probably should pick when I want them too.

D-Luxe Burger is sooo good! Definitely fit it in if you can!

Yours too! So soon! :thumbsup2

I can't really pick mine until I have my friend's tickets, since her CM friend is giving her 6 one-day parkhoppers. So until she's tethered...I can only make picks for me. And so it's kind of pointless to pick them rn. I generally picked my times based off of my intention to be there for rope drop. So like, if we head for tomorrowland, I know we need a fast pass for 7DMT because people run for that thing and I don't want to stand in line forever.

I just found out that grad nights is happening when my friend and I are at Universal for two of the nights we're there. So we're going to end up hanging in Disney Springs. Which means I will probably pre-eat via D-Luxe Burger before one of our reservations.

And yes. I'm 55 days away and nine weeks. Still feels like forever, but it also feels close enough to be tangible!!

I can't really pick mine until I have my friend's tickets, since her CM friend is giving her 6 one-day parkhoppers. So until she's tethered...I can only make picks for me. And so it's kind of pointless to pick them rn. I generally picked my times based off of my intention to be there for rope drop. So like, if we head for tomorrowland, I know we need a fast pass for 7DMT because people run for that thing and I don't want to stand in line forever.

I just found out that grad nights is happening when my friend and I are at Universal for two of the nights we're there. So we're going to end up hanging in Disney Springs. Which means I will probably pre-eat via D-Luxe Burger before one of our reservations.

And yes. I'm 55 days away and nine weeks. Still feels like forever, but it also feels close enough to be tangible!!

Oh yeah that's right she doesn't have her ticket yet.

We're heading to DS on one Universal day too because the parks seem to close pretty early. You might end up full off D-Luxe Burger alone the portion sizes are pretty big especially of the fries!

Yes!

Hi Raeven! I've been reading along for a bit now, finally all caught up! I I don't know what it is, but something about me reading your TR at night makes my DD wake up. So it's taking me a lot longer to catch up and I originally expected, LOL!

You sure know how a change of plan! I've thoroughly enjoyed watching your plans get made and changed and made again! Heehee. It's super nice that your BF and you are able to take so many trips. I miss traveling often with my DH.

I love all your restaurant choices! And I'm psyched to see what y'all eat at F&G in May! Happy planning!

We ate so much I was sooo full! Isn't that always how it goes at the Cheesecake Factory though? :laughing:
I'm always afraid I won't have room for cheesecake, but somehow I make it work :thumbsup2

Here's an old picture of us at a wedding
Josh looks so young!

It's hard to find shirts Josh agrees on (especially after the Lion King shirt fiasco).
:rotfl: I do like the Gaston one.

Boathouse-7 pm
Have you been there before? I can't remember between your 10,000 trips :goodvibes I ate there last month and thought it was great, I had the filet sliders (and sangria of course). We sat outside on a gorgeous day and the view was beautiful!

Btw someone get me those Flower & Garden food reviews now! I need to know what I'll be eating in 2 months!:rotfl2:
I will have some in 3 weeks! But in the meantime, Josh at easywdw has begun reviewing the booths. Just found them today :)

Adrs & Fps date-1 week
Chicago-3 weeks
25th Birthday Trip-9 weeks
Halloween Trip-27 weeks
MVMCP Trip-40 weeks

sassymarie.gif

:car:
You're probably all sick of the car updates, but I'll include one anyway! (And I get to use that car driving emoticon!):rotfl: Still nothing much going on, I'm waiting on the check, and looking at getting my muffler repaired on Friday (unrelated to the accident). They called today to say they haven't even received the paperwork I sent in on Friday so it'll probably be another week or more till the check goes out. :sad2:

So this past Saturday was the day I took my sister out for her birthday, and I think I did pretty good! :thumbsup2 We got to the mall later than I planned to, and we were both so hungry we skipped the makeovers; which she didn't seem too concerned about. We ate so much I was sooo full! Isn't that always how it goes at the Cheesecake Factory though? :laughing: I know everyone loves my almost weekly food pictures and doesn't feel like this at all...
tumblr_ns5yyttdEu1s3h43ko1_500%20-%20Copy.gif

So here they are:

We got the baked potato tots which are always so delicious and she loves the sriracha mayo.

View attachment 223063

I got the huevos rancheros which is sometimes (this time being one of them) really well made and she got an eggs, bacon, potatoes dish.

View attachment 223064

For dessert we split a red velvet cheesecake even though I didn't think I could eat anymore. I also always bring home a Godiva chocolate cheesecake for Josh because it's the only gluten free one...and he shares. :thumbsup2

View attachment 223065

I thought this was pretty funny too, but I asked for apple cider and they returned with apple juice...it made me feel like I was 5 years old. It was even in a smaller cup! :rotfl:Weirdly enough I love apple cider, but I'm not a huge fan of apple juice.

After lunch she picked out a palette at Sephora for her birthday. I had to order it online because it was so popular they had none there. Her actual birthday is this week so it should (hopefully) be here by then. It was a Kat Von D alchemist holographic highlighting palette.

tumblr_ojd4gg8caa1qk8rxto2_250.gif

I honestly have no idea what it does it looked like silver glitter to me. She said it brightens under the eyes? :confused: I have highlighting powder, and I think it's the most useless thing I own. Maybe I'm using it wrong, but it doesn't brighten anything it makes it look like you smeared glitter on your face...so I mostly use it as eyeshadow.

Next we went shopping, and we ended up going to another mall that had more stores. She spent her birthday money, I tried not to spend any money; and she indulged my request to go in the Disney Store. We got caught in the thunderstorm (we've been having one day in the 60's here and the next in the 30's) on the way back and my shoes were soaked! But I think she had a good time!

View attachment 223067

See you're never too old to be silly in a small castle at the Disney Store! :rotfl:

Today is 3.5 years with Josh! :love: We don't celebrate half year anniversaries (I'm sure most people don't after the first year), but I always like to acknowledge it. Here's an old picture of us at a wedding since I think you've all seen our more recent pictures in TRs and PTRs:

View attachment 223071

Fastpasses are coming up on the 9th so here's the final choices:

Sun-Talking Mickey, Space Mountain, 7DMT

Mon-Test Track, Character Spot, Spaceship Earth

Tues-Haunted Mansion, Splash MT, 7DMT

Wed-Safari, EE, Adventurer's Outpost

Thurs-TSMM, ToT, Frozen Sing Along

Fri- Splash MT, Btrrm, Jungle Cruise-Subject to change either to Winnie the Pooh or Pirates

I also bought Josh two shirts for the trip. It's hard to find shirts Josh agrees on (especially after the Lion King shirt fiasco). He also thinks it's silly to get more because he only wears them on vacation anyway. But I had to get him a Flynn Rider one for breakfast, and he agreed to this new Gaston one as well.

View attachment 223089

View attachment 223090

Red is Josh's favorite color so the minute I saw it was in red I knew I wasn't going to convince him to get one that matched me :rotfl:

As for Sep we've narrowed down ADRs, (we book on the 12th) but I didn't plan out which days we'll be there until right now so it may change:

Fri-Arrival Day-Hs
Mama melrose-1:30 pm
Beaches and Cream-10 pm

Sat-Boardwalk/Stop at MK or AK/DS
Cape May Cafe-10:30 am
Boathouse-7 pm

Sun-MK
Kona cafe-8:30 am
I wanted to do GF Cafe but Josh loves Kona so maybe we can squeeze it into Dec or switch Kona there.
Ltt-2:30 pm
I wish we could go later, but I'm only interested in the lunch menu.

Mon-Epcot
Food & wine
Le cellier-7 pm

Tues-Resort hop and Ds/MNSSHP
1900 PF-10 am
Dluxe burger-prior to party

Wed-AK
Yak and yeti-11-11:30 am
Whenever it opens.
Boma-6:30 pm

We also booked our September flights last week the morning we booked the Bon Voyage Breakfast! Each flight was only $92 each way! Plus we had points so we only paid for 1 (literally 1, just Josh's flight home), fees, and earlybird check in! It came to around $220. We get in at 10:25 am on the 8th and depart at 12:40 pm on the 17th.

treatyoself2.gif

I actually don't think I mentioned this anywhere but I was thinking of going in Feb next year for Mardi Gras and Festival of the Arts. I know it's a lot of trips, but as long as I can do 2 a year and perhaps one long weekend I'll try to get them all in! And I'm really grateful Josh has said he'd go with me again next year because I know he wanted a small break from Disney to save some money
. But I still think we can budget so that we save while still going on trips.

Sadly I realized yesterday that taking a week long trip in Feb wouldn't even be possible because Josh gets his time for the year in March. His work gets their time on the anniversary date of when they were hired, not in the beginning of the year. (I hate how we request time off, but to me it makes sense when we get it). So he wouldn't have enough days to do anytime before spring break time anyway. So maybe a long weekend for Mardi Gras and Festival of the Arts (which is coming back!), but the trip will have to be later.

I know my planning is confusing so here's when we're going or thinking of going in 2017 (complete with hotels for those trying to keep up with the changes): May 5-13th 2017,-Hrh, CBBR, WL Sep 8-17th 2017,-PORS, RPR. Dec 6-10th? -AoA (Not all those days but the dates depend on flights).

2018: Mardi Gras/Fest of Arts Long Weekend in Feb, potential Sep 2018 trip with Jenna where Josh would join only for HHN, Possible May or December 2018 trip with friends (Josh votes for Dec, but I want to see how we like May first).

But to end this with more good news:

They also announced HHN dates! :cheer2: And the first weekend is during our trip!

oogieboogie.gif

Btw someone get me those Flower & Garden food reviews now! I need to know what I'll be eating in 2 months!:rotfl2:

Also if you haven't already check out @DexLabDeeDee's PTR! She'll be there at the same time as us in May, and our Chicago trip is upcoming but her last post has an awesome surprise in it!

giphy%201_1.gif

OMG the Smolder shirt is so much YES!!! That is perfect!

Amazing deal on the airfare... I am having a much harder time for our September flights. I just need to suck it up and pull the trigger. :charac2:

You definitely have some amazing restaurants planned!!

Your days look good!!

May 5th is your arrival day, right? That's my free day, and I don't want to intrude on your dinner with Jenna, but if you'll already be at Disney Springs, I could easily pop over there for a quick meet up beforehand! We can chat more about that later, but just throwing it out there preliminarily (<-- That's an actual word! Spellcheck said so!)

I am really hoping for an AP preview for Pandora, too!! I don't know if my fingers have ever been crossed so tightly for anything else.

EasyWDW is my go-to for festival food guides...He was really nice about the food this year! I have a huge list of everything I want to try. There's no way I'll get through all of it, but I am hoping to make a sizable dent!

Good luck with your FPs in the morning!

I love your violet lemonade shirt!! I'm getting ready to start my buying spree I think...first up will be the Flower and Garden Minnie ears from the shop Disney parks app. I'm obsessed with them :lovestruc

I love that shirt!! I couldn't resist buying the Mickey Ears for the F&G.... I love Figment and I just couldn't help it. Keeping good thoughts for you and your ADR's!! Mine are a week after yours. LOL!!

I still want to meet for dinner. Even if it's just a quick one. LOL!! Since I will have my car, I'm flexible on days and times.

I love all of your dining options. They are amazing. We loved CBR when we stayed there.

I still haven't got my backpack yet. Argh!! It's still showing that it's in transit....It's been like that since the 28th of February. I'm going to email them and find out what's going on. This is crazy...Ugh....I have never had anything take this long to get to me. I realize it's coming from China, but come on.

I had 4 pairs of ears. I think. LOL!! That includes the ones I just got. I wish I could make them myself, but I'm so not creative. LOL!

The only one I really, really want is BOG for dinner.

Luckily I think they only do construction during the day when most people are at the parks. So hopefully it won't be too bad for you. It is a great offer. Anything free that Disney gives is awesome!!

That's a really cute shirt! I plan on buying some F&G merchandise when we're down there this month.
I've hear less than great things about STK too, not the food just the atmosphere so I think switching to Le Cellier is a good decision. Although Yachtsman is divine :love: so make sure you go in Sept!

Loving all the updates!! I need to leave for work in 30 min and haven't even showered or eaten breakfast yet but I NEEDED to get caught up on all your plans :flower3::flower3:

We ate so much I was sooo full! Isn't that always how it goes at the Cheesecake Factory though?

YES!! Cheesecake Factory just does that to people... I'm always like a bottomless pit when I go there! And then my pants don't fit for a few days...

It was a Kat Von D alchemist holographic highlighting palette

Ok I'm 4 years older than you... but I'm right there with you and have no idea what a highlighting palette is! And is Kat Von D still popular?! I remember when she had the tattoo show on TLC...

I have highlighting powder, and I think it's the most useless thing I own. Maybe I'm using it wrong, but it doesn't brighten anything it makes it look like you smeared glitter on your face...so I mostly use it as eyeshadow.

HM, seems more my speed!!

Here's an old picture of us at a wedding since I think you've all seen our more recent pictures in TRs and PTRs:

Cutest couple award goes to ... you guys!! Adorbs!!

We also booked our September flights last week the morning we booked the Bon Voyage Breakfast! Each flight was only $92 each way! Plus we had points so we only paid for 1 (literally 1, just Josh's flight home), fees, and earlybird check in!

AMAZING DEAL!!

Chicago-2 weeks
25th Birthday Trip-8 weeks
Halloween Trip-26 weeks
MVMCP Trip-39 weeks

AHHH so close!! 8 weeks!! How are you even sleeping at night anymore?!

This weekend Josh also requested to watch Frozen since he fell asleep halfway through last time we watched it. He said everyone seems to know about it so he wanted to see it too.

Love this, every man needs some Frozen in his life
We have also heard Pandora may be soft opening while were there.

OO you'll need to report back! Pandora is opening while we are there and I'm nervous for how busy its going to be

couldn't pass up the CBR deal to get $75 in gift cards a night. I don't think the construction will bother us, and we weren't planning on eating at the hotel anyway. The gift cards could pay for a lot of our meals, and we'll still get the AP discount so we decided we couldn't refuse an offer like that.

Yet another AMAZING deal!! I've stayed at CBR twice and really liked the Nemo rooms... do they still have those?

I also couldn't resist buying this shirt the other day for F&G:

SO SO cute.

Speaking of Disney clothes....Chicago is also coming up so soon! I've chosen some Disney themed outfits I'll have to post them next week. Jenna's seen most of them, but I've changed up a few since then.
ooo yes please do a fashion post!!!

I would love to do a meal together. I have no idea what restaurants are good there. Do we need to make reservations? I am absolutely useless. At least when it comes to Universal. But we definitely need to plan something. LOL!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter