Deep Fried Cheesecake recipe???

disneydreamer1970

Loves planning surprise Disney trips!
I would love to have a recipe for this! My DH had some last night and loved it!

Thanks!!

:p

Where did you have this? I've never heard of it but it sounds amazing.

Oh wait -- I did a little searching and I came up with this recipe. It might be what you are looking for.

Fried Cheesecake

9-INCH SPRINGFORM PAN

INGREDIENTS:

1 PREPARED PLAIN CHEESECAKE RECIPE
1 CUP MILK
30 SPRING ROLL WRAPPERS
VEGETABLE OIL
1 EGG
CINNAMON SUGAR

1. Cut the cheesecake into uniform pieces approximately
1 x 3 inches in size. (Large cheesecakes will produce about
30 slices for deep frying.)

2. Lightly moisten each spring roll wrapper with egg wash (egg mixed with milk). Blot off excess egg wash with some paper towel.

3. Place each piece of cheesecake in the center of wrapper. Fold the top of wrapper down over cheesecake, and both sides toward the middle. Roll each piece of cheesecake toward you until it is completely rolled up. Gently squeeze "egg roll" to make sure dough is sealed completely.

4. In a deep frying pan, heat at least 3 inches of oil to 365 degrees. Dip corner of 1 roll in the heated oil. If oil sizzles, it is ready. If not, heat oil longer. When oil is ready, gently release the rolls into the oil and allow to brown lightly, approximately 10 seconds. Using tongs, remove golden-brown rolls from oil. Place each roll in bowl of cinnamon sugar and coat well. Place deep-fried slices of cheesecake on paper towels to cool slightly before serving. These will be very hot. Allow to cool at least 5 minutes before serving. They can be enjoyed warm or cold.

*Note: Cinnamon sugar can be made by mixing 2 cups sugar with 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon.

Got the recipe here: http://www.geocities.com/lemonyflavor/specialty/fried2.htm

Oh my!
I can feel my arteries clogging! BUt yummy it! Sounds right up there with fried twinkies! I haven't had one but everyone says they are so good! Around here I hear they are frying everything! Even milky way bars!

Thank you Beth E.!!! That is excactly what I am looking for. My DH got some of this at a local restaraunt and I have never heard of it until then, and it was on special. I tried a bite and it was awesome!!!!!:p It also had strawberry sauce drizzled over it. mmmmmm!

With Father's Day just around the corner, I guess that I will have to make some!!!!

Thank you!!

They had another version too. I thought I would post it and then you can compare and see which one you want to make.

THis one has apples in it.

1 FAVORITE PLAIN CHEESECAKE RECIPE (SUCH AS SIMPLE CHEESECAKE)
FLOUR TORTILLAS
COOKED APPLES, CUT INTO PIECES
VEGETABLE OIL (FOR FRYING)
CINNAMON SUGAR OR CARAMEL ICE CREAM & SOFT CARAMELS

1. Make your favorite plain cheesecake, but add cooked apples to the cake -- you may use apples from canned pie filling, but omit the filling.

2. After the cheesecake is firm, cut into pieces.

3. Wrap the morsels in a flour tortilla. Tie the packet with string to hold it together so it will not come apart during frying.

4. Heat your frying oil to 350 degrees and fry the packet until golden brown. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar or serve with caramel ice cream topping or melted soft caramels.

*Note: Cinnamon sugar can be made by mixing 2 cups sugar with 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon.

Fried cheesecake! Yummmmm! Buffalo's Cafe serves a wonderful fried cheesecake. I have never seen it anywhere else but I keep looking!

This might be a fun cooking project!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter