Dedicated 2 BR vs 2 BR Lockout

cdurham1

Most magical at the most magical place on Earth
At Kidani Village, specifically, does anyone have an opinion on a dedicated 2 BR vs a 2 BR lockout?

The second bedroom won't have a door to the outer corridor nor a kitchenette. But it will have a second real queen bed instead of the sleeper sofa. The balcony/patio won't be separated from the other part of the villa with the dedicated. But in a lockoff, it probably will be.

Highly prefer the dedicated. You do not have the kitchenette in the second bedroom but you get extra closet space in its stead. Having two real beds in that room beats having the pullout couch. And the best difference is the balcony. With the lock-off there is a wall on the balcony between the studio and 1BR, which both separates the group and reduces the view of the savanna. The dedicated’s open, long balcony running the entire way across the rooms puts everyone together on the balcony and gives the better panoramic views.

Highly prefer the dedicated. You do not have the kitchenette in the second bedroom but you get extra closet space in its stead. Having two real beds in that room beats having the pullout couch. And the best difference is the balcony. With the lock-off there is a wall on the balcony between the studio and 1BR, which both separates the group and reduces the view of the savanna. The dedicated’s open, long balcony running the entire way across the rooms puts everyone together on the balcony and gives the better panoramic views.
Perfect explanation, thank you!

We always prefer dedicated. Having the extra bed vs. pull out couch, is a huge deal for us.

The only other thing is a lock off will have it's own HVAC control, if you have some that like it cooler/warmer than the other party.

The only other thing is a lock off will have it's own HVAC control, if you have some that like it cooler/warmer than the other party.

My first 2 bedroom stay was in a RIV dedicated 2 bedroom. The second bedroom there has it's own thermostat, which was good for my cousin's family.

It was a little harder to coordinate between the master bedroom and my mom out on the Murphy bed in the living room. Luckily we found a compromise with some extra blankets for Mom.

My first 2 bedroom stay was in a RIV dedicated 2 bedroom. The second bedroom there has it's own thermostat, which was good for my cousin's family.

It was a little harder to coordinate between the master bedroom and my mom out on the Murphy bed in the living room. Luckily we found a compromise with some extra blankets for Mom.

That's interesting. So you are saying that the 2nd bedroom in the dedicated 2 BR's at the Riviera have their own thermostat?

Does anyone know if other dedicated 2 BR's also have separate HVAC controls?

That's interesting. So you are saying that the 2nd bedroom in the dedicated 2 BR's at the Riviera have their own thermostat?

Does anyone know if other dedicated 2 BR's also have separate HVAC controls?

Sorry! Yes the dedicated 2nd bedroom at Riv has its own thermostat. It was so handy!

I looked at my pics and I didn't take one of that wall. I did find a video by Here With the Ears of the dedicated 2 bedroom which shows the thermostat for a quick second.

I time stamped the YouTube link to a couple of seconds before they show it (a quick glimpse);

Edit: when they come in from the 2nd bedroom balcony they show the full wall and there's a full view of the thermostat

It's a great tour of the two bedroom so I also recommend watching the full video!

Last edited:

In the Kidani dedicated 2BRs, there is one HVAC control for the living room/master bedroom and bath side, and a separate one in the second bedroom.

The benefit of the lockoff is that if you have a separate adult/couple in the studio half, they get a couch and their own entrance. We’ve actually taken advantage of that sometimes for date nights when my MiL has the kids, when we got back we could enter through the studio side, chat with her a bit in the studio and sit on the couch, then go quietly through the LR where the kids were sleeping to the MBR.

More recently we’ve found the kids sleep better in a beds, so have reversed and prefer a dedicated with MiL on the couch in the LR.

Bruce

If you are traveling with other adults, the lockout can be nice since they get their own kitchenette and hallway door. When you travel with young adult children in tow, this can be nice since you can truly have your own space.

And sometimes, if you are moving from a studio to a two bedroom - or a one to two bedroom - over the course of a reservation (guests are joining you), it can be done so you can stay in the same unit with a lockoff (not always and no guarantee).

But in general, most people prefer dedicateds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!