December 2019 Disney DIY Exercise Challenge

Yay!!! I got a workout in yesterday and things are going much better this week. Now to get Christmas shopping done. I am no where close.

Dec. 6 -- 0
Dec. 7 -- 22
Dec 8 -- Going with 15. I forgot to charge my fitbit
Dec. 9 -- 47

Total -- 112/930

So glad you are having a better week! Have fun shopping!!!

This is for cheshire cat tails from the Cheshire Cafe in the Magic Kingdom. DD and I LOVE to buy - and eat, of course - these at Magic Kingdom, but we've never made them at home. This makes it look super easy, though, so we will have to give them a try:

Have any of you ever had this treat?
My girls love them. Last year we were with my BIL and he was annoyed that my girls had them for breakfast. I might have my girls make some. I just have to see if I can find a printed recipe. I can't bake or cook from videos. I need a printable version.

We use an old baby bottle bank to save for disney or we used to. When we lived in long island, DH would put his loose change in it every night. We used to cash it in before trips. It was on the dresser. Now it is on a shelf in the closet .

yesterday was a good day for me working out. I had a 30 minute HIIT workout then a 35 minute walk in the evening

Congrats to sophy1996 for reaching George Orange! Way to go!!!! :tigger: :tigger: :tigger:

I love the mini cooper bank. It reminds me of the Minnie Vans at WDW. Adorable!

So sorry I missed posting here yesterday. It was terribly busy for us, and when we finally came home, I was zonked. It was better for all of us that I did not attempt any math at that point! : )

Since I missed yesterday, I will double up on projects and post the print recipe I found of Chef Dave's copycat recipe for cheshire cat tails since ljcrochet is looking for one:

Full recipe:

2 x sheets of puff pastry
400 grams of chocolate chips
2 x eggs
187 grams of icing/powdered sugar
25 grams of softened butter
2 tablespoons of milk
purple food colouring

1- lay the 2 sheets of puff pastry out
2- On one of the puff pastries sprinkle 400 grams of chocolate chips
3- press the chocolate chips into the pastry
4- lay the other puff pastry sheet on top and again press down firmly
5- cut the puff pastry into 6 equal sizes
6- grab one end of your chocolate pastry and hold while using your other hand to grab the other end of the pastry and start twisting
7- this will create a spiral effect on your pastry then place on a lined baking tray
8- whisk 2 eggs in a bowl and egg wash your twisted chocolate pastries
9- bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes till golden brown
10- while your pasties are cooking in a separate bowl place the soften butter and add your icing/powdered sugar a little at a time.
11- half way through add 1 table spoon of milk
12- when you have added all your icing/powdered sugar in if your icing is too thick add another 1 tablespoon of milk to help loosen.
13- separate your icing into 2 bowls then add your purple food colouring make one dark than the other this will represent the strips
14- take your pastries out and drizzle the icing across then serve!

And for today's crafty creation:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-disney-side-disney-parks-guide-map-coasters/
I am super in love with this project and will happily dig through my stack of maps to see if any are in good enough condition for a set of coasters. I think this would be such a great gift for any Disney parks lover.

Still having a great week. I wasn't able to work out on Wednesday because of a presentation but I got in steps by pacing for close to an hour or so waiting for my copy job to finish.

December 10 -- 67 minutes
December 11 -- 19 minutes
December 12 -- 60 minutes

Total -- 258/930

Congrats, piglet1979, you've reached George Orange!!! Hip hip hooray! :tigger: :tigger: :tigger:

Almost our entire minutes board is orange today, and our TEAM has reached 36% of goal.

It's Favorite Friday again, so be sure to share another fave project you have completed, are working on, hope to do one day, or just simply day dream about doing. I recently had an idea pop into my head regarding turning our bonus room (used to be DD's play room but is now her teen hang out room - it's attached to her bedroom, so not practical as a shared space at the moment) into a Disney inspired library once it's just DH and I again (don't really even want to think about that part yet, though!). Belle and Beauty and the Beast, of course, come to mind right away when thinking of Disney libraries, so I did some searching to see if anyone else has already done a DIY project like this. I'm not sure this was technically DIY, but I did find a Belle inspired library in this house:

https://nonagon.style/disney-home-beauty-beast-library-harry-potter-kitchen/
I would have to tone it down to one level or else annex the garage as well for my project (would never happen). I think I'd also like the Harry Potter kitchen and the Steam Punk home theater room while we're at it.

P.S. Almost forgot to mention, the childlike wonder in me really wants that slide next to the stairs, too.

Last edited:
Congrats to me, Twilight Sparkle, for being the first to reach Winifred Purple. :figment:

Let's talk about a fun DIY project for park visits - Disney bounding! Have any of you done this before? The closest I've ever come is color matching my outfit (just black shorts and a purple sharkbite top) to Maleficent and pairing that with my Maleficent ears. It must have worked somewhat because I did receive comments from cast members. No pics, unfortunately.

If any of you have Disney bounding pics or stories to share, please feel free!

And if you are new to Disney bounding, here's a video that might help explain it:

Hi! Sorry I have missed posting for a few days. - Partly just busy with Christmas stuff, partly having trouble with pop-ups when trying to use the DIS on my PC. But it seems to be cleared up now (fingers crossed!)

50 minutes since my last post - mostly treadmill, and a little show shoveling. 250/500

I love the Disney savings projects!!

We did one for our last trip, to save the "splurge difference" between our normal trip and staying at AKL. I don't think I took a picture, but I bought a box at the craft store kind of like this one:

Then we put photos related to the trip in the top and back.

It's a very "accessible" (as they say on the craft shows) project - doable even for those who don't feel particularly skilled.

Big cheers for PollyannaMom who has reached Winifred Purple! :figment: :figment: :figment:

Let's stick with Disney bounding a little longer and have a look at these inspiring outfits:

https://www.thetalko.com/24-of-the-best-examples-of-disneybounding-weve-seen-to-date/
I especially love the Peter Pan outfit and the swapped Alice characters. Scar is pretty clever, too, but I don't think I have the personality to pull that one off. What's your favorite?

Hi! Sorry I have missed posting for a few days. - Partly just busy with Christmas stuff, partly having trouble with pop-ups when trying to use the DIS on my PC. But it seems to be cleared up now (fingers crossed!)

50 minutes since my last post - mostly treadmill, and a little show shoveling. 250/500

I love the Disney savings projects!!

We did one for our last trip, to save the "splurge difference" between our normal trip and staying at AKL. I don't think I took a picture, but I bought a box at the craft store kind of like this one:

View attachment 458795
Then we put photos related to the trip in the top and back.

It's a very "accessible" (as they say on the craft shows) project - doable even for those who don't feel particularly skilled.

I love you money box project and bet it turned out great. I might even be able to do that one! Ha! : ) Thanks for sharing!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter