December 2019 Disney DIY Exercise Challenge

30 new minutes for me (half walking/running yesterday and half yoga today.)

335/500

My DIY Disney foods are really simple -

I bought a big Mickey head cookie cutter and occasionally use it for sandwiches,

and I've made Mickey pancakes:

You need one or two squeeze bottles. (I have the ones sold for candy-making, but a Ziploc bag with the corner cut off will work in a pinch.) Add some cocoa powder to a bit of your regular pancake batter, and put it in a squeeze bottle. (If you have two, put the rest of the batter in the other one. - I use a small for the chocolate and a large for the plain.) Squeeze out a face and ears with the colored batter, then just after it starts to set, either squeeze or pour the plain behind it to make the head. When you flip it over, you have a Mickey pancake!

(This method works for all kinds of fancy pancakes, and you can use various food colorings instead of cocoa.)

It's another Wild Card Weekend, and we have another color change! Congrats to me (Twilight Sparkle) for reaching Jane Pink! :Pinkbounc:Pinkbounc:Pinkbounc

Our TEAM has moved up to 54% of goal.

In honor of opening weekend for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, I have this nifty little article for us to ooh and ahh over:

https://bigdiyideas.com/40-fun-star-wars-diy-youll-want-to-make/
So I'm super oohing and ahhing over the fair isle sweater, but I can't make it and it's no longer available for purchase. Also, spending that much for a sweater isn't really in my budget (not that it's not worth it for someone's time and skills). It's lovely, though.

Love the Star Wars crafts! Thanks to DS being into this: https://origamiyoda.com/
book series years ago, I have done some of the origami.

(And I might admit to wearing the Leia hair a lot more years before that - though I was better at the braid with the ribbon in it from Episode 6. :rolleyes1)

I wish I'd though of the light saber rack when DS was little. One summer, playing Star Wars was all the rage in the neighborhood, and I bet we had eight different ones.

Let's hear it for Elizabeth Smith who made the most yummy looking non-gingerbread house ever and moved up to Jane Pink! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Those of you who have attended the Jingle Bell Jingle Bam Dessert Party at Hollywood Studios might recognize today's DIY recipe - the gingerbread martini! I have made it at home using this recipe (that I received from a former CM) and I can assure you it is delicious. (This recipe serves several - cannot remember exact number - not too much, not too little - or the base mix can be kept in the fridge for a couple of days and poured into your own glass when needed throughout the holidays : ) - ha!)

Ingredients, Gingerbread Martini:
Whipped Cream Vodka, Gingerbread Monin, Half & Half garnished with gingerbread cookie rim (Use Gingerbread syrup for Gingerbread rim adhesive)

Mixing, Gingerbread Martini:
Fill a juice tower with with 18 oz. of Half and Half (about 2/3 of the Juice Tower), 12 oz. of the Gingerbread Monin (little less than 1/3 of the Juice Tower)
Have Beehive bowl with gingerbread Monin and Beehive bowl of the Gingerbread cookie crumble
Dip 9 oz, glass rim in the gingerbread Monin, then the cookie crumble, fill the cup with 1.5 oz Whipped cream Vodka, top with the Half and Half mixture.

Love the Star Wars crafts! Thanks to DS being into this: https://origamiyoda.com/
book series years ago, I have done some of the origami.

(And I might admit to wearing the Leia hair a lot more years before that - though I was better at the braid with the ribbon in it from Episode 6. :rolleyes1)

I wish I'd though of the light saber rack when DS was little. One summer, playing Star Wars was all the rage in the neighborhood, and I bet we had eight different ones.

I love these memories! I am sure you rocked the Leia hair in whatever form! ::yes:: Also, your post about the neighborhood Star Wars play has made me nostalgic. For our neighborhood, it was Harry Potter. Miss those days! Very impressed that you managed to do Star Wars oragami.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!