December 2009 Code Watch

So it will work even if our checkin date is a blackout date?? i haven't heard wether you can still apply the discount to the whole trip if you check in on a blackout day.

I had this same problem last year for free dining in December. We checked in on a 'blackout date' so I ended up having to make two separate reservations. For the first three days of our trip, I ended up paying out of pocket for meals and then had to book a second reservation for the last three days of our trip which included free dining (because you have to have the dining for every night of your reservation). And in order to do the free dining, you have to purchase at least a one day base pass too. Slightly inconvenient to do it this way, but it all worked out for us. We were staying in the FW Cabins and we got to stay in the same one. All we had to do was re-check in in the middle of the week. Just call Disney when you are going to book FD and explain your situation. They'll work with you on trying to keep the same room. Hope it works for you!

Thnks, it is worth a try. We are considering trying to get down on tues the 24th if that will get us the discount for the whole trip.

Are you guys driving? We live in Hattiesburg, and my inlaws live in Mobile, so we plan to stop at their place overnight and make the drive from there in one day. DDs will be 5 and 1, so I'm a little worried about the longish drive...Yahoo map says 7.5 hours, but with kids, I'm sure its much longer!

I'm hoping to catch a Southwest DING deal for New Orleans or Jackson so we can fly, but after we got $39 each way last time, DH is a little spoiled, and he seems to think that's what we should get this time! :rolleyes: We'll see...

Are you guys driving? We live in Hattiesburg, and my inlaws live in Mobile, so we plan to stop at their place overnight and make the drive from there in one day. DDs will be 5 and 1, so I'm a little worried about the longish drive...Yahoo map says 7.5 hours, but with kids, I'm sure its much longer!

I'm hoping to catch a Southwest DING deal for New Orleans or Jackson so we can fly, but after we got $39 each way last time, DH is a little spoiled, and he seems to think that's what we should get this time! :rolleyes: We'll see...

We are driving. We drove last year and what should have been a 8 hour trip took 11 b/c of the holiday traffic combined with a major accident. I went to southern miss btw. that is where i met DH. We just moved home (for me at least) about 3 years ago

I see the same thing, if thats the case, That really sucks.:confused3:confused::mad::headache:

Update.

You can book durring that time period. Just got off phone. The guy on the phone was super nice. Asked about free dinning, he told me sure can offer it to you. So i asked if we could upgrade to DDP instead. Once again he say not a problem. So I upgrades and the difference was only $130. Woohoo
So now we are staying at POP Dec6-Dec13 and dinning there for $130. Not bad at all.:cool1::santa::cool1:

I see the same thing, if thats the case, That really sucks.:confused3:confused::mad::headache:

I think I am going to try calling anyways...on the other boards people said CM said it was through the 17th. Worth a shot? I will cry if I don't get it....I have been waiting forever! :confused3:headache::scared:

I already had a free dining pin but it was all sold out for standard rooms at the Wilderness Lodge during my stay in December. Along with the new free dining promo...Disney opened up some more standard rooms. I was able to let the FD pin go and apply the new FD promo to a standard room. It saved me another $200.00 so it was worth it to get up at 5:45 a.m......again! Good luck everyone!

Got FD for our trip Nov 25-Dec 2 at CSR. We added a day at the beginning and including the refund for the offsite hotel we are saving $447!!!!

I am on hold!!! I pray I get it!!!!!! Mickey Bars on me for everyone if I get it!!!

You may want to try another line if you are still on hold. I called right at 7 and got stuck in hold limbo on one line. Tried another after about 20 min and got through within 5 min.

So, from what I can tell this is only for select deluxe resorts, am I right? And, more specifically, not the Poly?

We are going to WDW in December :goodvibes
Got the free dining by reserving on line. You have to start from the page "special offers", then clinic "get started". The discount would apply automatically:wizard:
I was too lazy to call :surfweb:

I know I'm new to this site, but I had learned a lot over the past few days. The FD wouldn't really workout for me so I was hoping for a room discount. I had the FW-Cabin booked for 12/11-18, just checked the room only rate and it went down to $169 per night from $265. Now I'm really excited to go.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter