December 13, 2013 Sailing the Magnificant Magic out of Miami

Hi Corinna. Thank you for the welcome.
We are in a town called Bedale. About 20 minutes outside of Darlington. My sister lives in Rochdale. I have visited Manchester many times and like everything but the footie teams lol (big Liverpool fan). We haven't decided on any excursions yet but have been to the ports before so may try something on our own this time.
Colette

That is a long way north. I am not into football at all and even less though since we moved close to the Etihad campus. On match days there is often absolute chaos on our street.

Corinna

Wanted to say hi to all! Me and my best friend booked this cruise, also. I just got off the computer to set up the dining options and shore excursions, and PAT. I was shocked that all the brunches and dinners were still available. I think every time was still an option. Also got to choose port arrival time of 11:00am. Stayed up really late, but I guess it was worth. Yay!

<first time cruiser> :cool1:

Wanted to say hi to all! Me and my best friend booked this cruise, also. I just got off the computer to set up the dining options and shore excursions, and PAT. I was shocked that all the brunches and dinners were still available. I think every time was still an option. Also got to choose port arrival time of 11:00am. Stayed up really late, but I guess it was worth. Yay!

Welcome!!! I booked Palo brunch too!! I so love it. I am not surprised though as this cruise doesn't seem hoping.

So for those of you on this cruise, please go to post one and click on the join us form and fill it out. Let me know if you want to be apart of the Fish Extender(FE) and anything else!!!

Welcome on board. I don't think this cruise is selling particularly well which is what I am counting on. I am hoping that they release travel industry rates after the PIF date. Still, an IGT rate would do me, too.

Corinna

Welcome on board. I don't think this cruise is selling particularly well which is what I am counting on. I am hoping that they release travel industry rates after the PIF date. Still, an IGT rate would do me, too.

Corinna

Thanks! Again very new here. Not sure what the IGT, or travel industry rates means, but I'd be interested to hear. Could this mean any upgrades for a discounted price? I'm already staying in a verandah so I don't know if it would even matter or not. Again, thanks for the welcome.... :)

Terry

Travel industry rates or interline rates are special discounted rates for people who work in the travel industry, most commonly travel agents and airline staff. I work for an airline. IGT, OGT and VGT are last minute heavily discounted and severely restricted rates for inside (IGT), ocean view (OGT) or verandas (VGT). Essentially payment is required in full at the time of making the booking, no changes or requests can be made and they are not refundable.

Corinna

Travel industry rates or interline rates are special discounted rates for people who work in the travel industry, most commonly travel agents and airline staff. I work for an airline. IGT, OGT and VGT are last minute heavily discounted and severely restricted rates for inside (IGT), ocean view (OGT) or verandas (VGT). Essentially payment is required in full at the time of making the booking, no changes or requests can be made and they are not refundable.

Corinna

Oh, I get it now! Thanks for the explanation. I'm such a newb!

Just a quick hello to everyone.
We will be joining you on this cruise, I haven't been able to chat as I have just moved to the other end of the country and the Internet has only been up for a day or two. I am now in North Yorkshire (for the poster from Manchester. A little closer). I'm usually more organised but with the moving I'm very behind this year. Cannot wait to meet up with our friends from our last cruise and we will be doing a B2B along with So Cal. My mum and dad are also joining me again and mum will be lurking but not posting. So Hi Mum!
Also love the Dalmatian Day! We do the double digit dance but not heard of this
Colette

Hey Colette,

Glad to see you post. :goodvibes The kids have been pretty chatty on face time lately and with school, soccer and an 8 hour time difference, that's not an easy task. Nice to see you're settling in after the move. I'm sure you're more than ready for this vacation. We leave California (LAX) on Thursday night and will be in Florida early, early Friday Dec. 13. Let me know when you book your flight and get your cabin numbers so we can get together. No excursions planned yet but if we do sign up for anything, I'll let you know. My mom is going with us this time so make sure you tell your mum and dad we say hi (Hi Bill & Kath) and we'll see you in 3 months!

Cathy :yay:

Hi Cathy
It's nice to finally begin planning. We arrive in Orlando on the 9th and are spending 2 nights there before spending a night in Miami. Not sure we will be staying in Miami yet. Mum is a lurker on these boards so prob saw your post before I did! We are not flying home until the 30 th Dec so we are staying in the Orlando area over Christmas and looking for a villa right now. Are you flying home right after the 2nd cruise? Is anyone else planning on Christmas in Florida?
Colette

colkath2005 said:
Hi Cathy
It's nice to finally begin planning. We arrive in Orlando on the 9th and are spending 2 nights there before spending a night in Miami. Not sure we will be staying in Miami yet. Mum is a lurker on these boards so prob saw your post before I did! We are not flying home until the 30 th Dec so we are staying in the Orlando area over Christmas and looking for a villa right now. Are you flying home right after the 2nd cruise? Is anyone else planning on Christmas in Florida?
Colette

My family lives in Tampa so my girls and I are staying till the 26th. Then we will ride home in the motorhome with my parents. We have a hotel in Miami for the 12th, although checking others for park and cruise options. We got a better deal on a rental car to just keep it for the week while on the cruise so I want a cheap option to park it. Where is everyone staying. For now we are at the springhill. It seems nice

I have to work over Christmas. We will fly to Orlando on 3rd December and will stay on International Drive until the 12th. I have one night booked at All Star Sports in the middle as I will be attending DISApalooza on the 6th and have an early start at Epcot on the 7th so this just made more sense. We will drive down to Miami on 12th and I managed to get a travel industry rate at the Holiday Inn Port Of Miami-Downtown. I really was hoping to stay at the same hotel as Michelle as I have not seen her since 2009, but the prices are insane. After the cruise we will drive back to Orlando, spend one night at Beach Club Villas and then we fly home.

Corinna

Hi Cathy
It's nice to finally begin planning. We arrive in Orlando on the 9th and are spending 2 nights there before spending a night in Miami. Not sure we will be staying in Miami yet. We are not flying home until the 30 th Dec so we are staying in the Orlando area over Christmas and looking for a villa right now. Are you flying home right after the 2nd cruise? Is anyone else planning on Christmas in Florida?
Colette

I think we are going to fly out on Thursday the 12th. Autumn has a volleyball tournament that ends that Wednesday and she missed it last year because of the EBPC. We had no intentions of sailing again this Christmas until Jayden told the girls you guys were coming back to the states again. :santa: The things we do for our kiddos! Last year we missed Christmas with the families because we stayed in Florida so we may end up coming home on Christmas Eve. Still nothing is set but I'll have to book soon. I'll let you know what we end up with.

:woohoo: 82 Days till we set sail! :cool1:

Did everyone one fill out the Join us form??? At this point we only have i think 5state rooms in the FE. Everyone still wants to do it right?? And how close to departure do you want tp except people?? Thanksgiving???

Hi Cathy
Colette

Colette, I see you haven't filled out the Join us form yet..:confused3 Are you planning on participating in the FE(Fish Extender) exchange? If so I really need everyone to fill that out. I will add our webpage link and the join us form to my signature. Otherwise you can find the links in the first post.

Just curious how many people going December 13, 2013 are doing the fish Extender.. I will be traveling with family and a 1 turning 2 and 16 turning 17 year old's..

we are prepared for the Fish Extender fun.. during the cruise.. :cool1:

just learning how to reply on this web site.. tried before and got lost and left it.. now I'm figuring it out better.. I will be traveling with my mom and son.. and in a joining room.. my sister and her husband and 2 year old daughter will be with us.. we are so excited and can't wait.. 69 more days.. we are from California.. this is my 3rd Disney Cruise.. but only one counts.. because the first one was on the Big Red boat in 1989.. last cruise was in 2003 on the Wonder.. we are really excited to do this again with my sister's baby.. she loves everything pink and princess.. just found out about the Fish extenders.. this is new.. don't remember it 10 years ago.. think it's a great idea.. ordered ours last week.. also ordered magnet paper to make our own magnets for our rooms. can't wait to decorate..

just learning how to reply on this web site.. tried before and got lost and left it.. now I'm figuring it out better.. I will be traveling with my mom and son.. and in a joining room.. my sister and her husband and 2 year old daughter will be with us.. we are so excited and can't wait.. 69 more days.. we are from California.. this is my 3rd Disney Cruise.. but only one counts.. because the first one was on the Big Red boat in 1989.. last cruise was in 2003 on the Wonder.. we are really excited to do this again with my sister's baby.. she loves everything pink and princess.. just found out about the Fish extenders.. this is new.. don't remember it 10 years ago.. think it's a great idea.. ordered ours last week.. also ordered magnet paper to make our own magnets for our rooms. can't wait to decorate..

Ur doing great on the site..takes a little to get used to:) As for the fish extender we have about 5-6 rooms doing it right now. Hoping more join. I have been on cruises with 45 staterooms and some with 20. Is ur sister's room gonna sign up for that?? I have all my FE gifts done. Made individual gifts for everyone and one for a group stateroom gift. I so can't wait, I need this vacay!:banana:

Did everyone one fill out the Join us form??? At this point we only have i think 5state rooms in the FE. Everyone still wants to do it right?? And how close to departure do you want tp except people?? Thanksgiving???

We are in for the FE. Did my mom sign up yet? (So Cal Grandma) Since we are doing a BTB, I'm not sure if she signed up for both cruises. If not, I'll make sure she does. Last Dec we did the EBPC and we had over 5,000 posts and almost 80 cabins in the FE. If you didn't check the boards every day you were pages behind. Either way, a small group would be nice too. :goodvibes

Michelle I just filled out the form and we are all in for the FE. I have to get deciding what we are going to do for gifts and then help mum with hers :confused3

Last years PC cruise was crazy! I think it was the biggest FE we have had to do so far. But loads of fun. We always take part as 2 separate cabins so it will be me (colkath) and mum (colkath parents).

Still looking at Miami accommodation. We really want to be on the beach. Any ideas on a reasonable priced hotel? Where is everyone else staying near the port or further out? We are not nearly as organised this year and we leave for the airport in 9 weeks. :dance3:
Colette

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter