Debt Dumpers - 2019

Sorry to hear about her bone cancer. It's hard to make those decisions but if they won't have a chance of a rebound in health, I suppose it comes faster than we want it to.
Thank you, it's been a bit tougher on me I think because she was my dad's dog. When he was in hospital he was so worried about her and I told him we would take care of her - not to worry. She lasted longer than we thought she would, but now I just keep thinking, "she's going home to my dad". For some reason that makes me cry more. She'll would be 17 in March if she makes it, and she gets around like she always has (besides the limp), never has slowed down. We've always wondered when old age symptoms would kick in - never did! She's still active and playful, in good spirits, and looks youngish with not much gray (she has black hair). The vet asked if we dip her in formaldehyde every day to keep her young and vibrant. The only thing we notice is she sleeps a little more, but if we start giving her attention she's ready to go. We're making another grooming appt. since she's getting a bit shaggy, she hates haircuts but is so much happier after.

I think the After Hours event will be a great compromise! Has anyone done it? What were your experiences?

At which park? We've done the after hours events at both MK and AK. We felt like we got a lot more done at AK and the crowd level was much lower. We really enjoyed both of them though!

Thank you, it's been a bit tougher on me I think because she was my dad's dog. When he was in hospital he was so worried about her and I told him we would take care of her - not to worry. She lasted longer than we thought she would, but now I just keep thinking, "she's going home to my dad". For some reason that makes me cry more. She'll would be 17 in March if she makes it, and she gets around like she always has (besides the limp), never has slowed down. We've always wondered when old age symptoms would kick in - never did! She's still active and playful, in good spirits, and looks youngish with not much gray (she has black hair). The vet asked if we dip her in formaldehyde every day to keep her young and vibrant. The only thing we notice is she sleeps a little more, but if we start giving her attention she's ready to go. We're making another grooming appt. since she's getting a bit shaggy, she hates haircuts but is so much happier after.

You've kept your promise and given her an amazing remainder of her life. I can understand why it's so emotional though with her being your dad's pup. :hug:

At which park? We've done the after hours events at both MK and AK. We felt like we got a lot more done at AK and the crowd level was much lower. We really enjoyed both of them though!
Did you feel the MK after hours event worthwhile at all, particularly for the lines on certain rides? We are going in April and one of the MKAH dates is during our stay, and I'm debating paying for this event or not. I'm admittedly a cheapskate when it comes to extras on vacation, but I'll splurge on occasion. We went this last spring break and the crowds, particularly on the weekend of Easter, were bad earlier then I expected that it wasn't as enjoyable. But, we had already been there for the week and had been to every park on park hoppers, so by that weekend trying to get on certain rides wasn't quite that big of a deal to us.

Did you feel the MK after hours event worthwhile at all, particularly for the lines on certain rides? We are going in April and one of the MKAH dates is during our stay, and I'm debating paying for this event or not. I'm admittedly a cheapskate when it comes to extras on vacation, but I'll splurge on occasion. We went this last spring break and the crowds, particularly on the weekend of Easter, were bad earlier then I expected that it wasn't as enjoyable. But, we had already been there for the week and had been to every park on park hoppers, so by that weekend trying to get on certain rides wasn't quite that big of a deal to us.

We would do the After Hours at MK. Unfortunately it would only be from 7-11, but I still think we'd be able to get a lot done. We would probably eat QS dinner at either ASMo or a resort on the monorail loop. I'm not sure if we would stop to watch fireworks or not...we would be going to MK 3 days later, so we would watch fireworks then for sure, but I've always wanted to watch the fireworks from Fantasyland and I've never wanted to give up watching from the front of the castle on our one day at MK. I've been watching a lot of vlogs on the After Hours at MK, and I feel like a lot of people stop and do the rides that normally don't have long lines anyway...I'd want to just hit up my favorites (Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, etc.).

You've kept your promise and given her an amazing remainder of her life. I can understand why it's so emotional though with her being your dad's pup. :hug:
[/QUOTE]
That was a really lovely thing to say, thank you.

We would do the After Hours at MK. Unfortunately it would only be from 7-11, but I still think we'd be able to get a lot done. We would probably eat QS dinner at either ASMo or a resort on the monorail loop. I'm not sure if we would stop to watch fireworks or not...we would be going to MK 3 days later, so we would watch fireworks then for sure, but I've always wanted to watch the fireworks from Fantasyland and I've never wanted to give up watching from the front of the castle on our one day at MK. I've been watching a lot of vlogs on the After Hours at MK, and I feel like a lot of people stop and do the rides that normally don't have long lines anyway...I'd want to just hit up my favorites (Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, etc.).
Decided to try out the MK DAH. Such an expensive event, though.

For us, we felt too rushed at MK and wished the event was another hour longer. Also, a couple of rides went down that evening, so that made the lines at other rides longer for a bit. This event has gotten more popular since it first started, but they are supposed to still limit tickets so you have a low crowd experience... hopefully it will be a great night for you!

I hope you have a great time!

For us, we felt too rushed at MK and wished the event was another hour longer. Also, a couple of rides went down that evening, so that made the lines at other rides longer for a bit. This event has gotten more popular since it first started, but they are supposed to still limit tickets so you have a low crowd experience... hopefully it will be a great night for you!
Hopefully! I was leaning more towards waiting to see what HS DAH event dates may pop up, but, also think with MK we will have more ride choices. Of course, that changes trip planning. Not sure if we'll want to get up for a rope drop the morning after. Honestly, rope drop was a little harder to get going last time we were there, my preteen/teen kids are harder and harder to wake early. To think, once one of them was my notorious 5 am waker no matter weekend, or what time went to bed, etc. How times change!

We aren't going until April, so that's about the extent of my planning right now.

Hopefully! I was leaning more towards waiting to see what HS DAH event dates may pop up, but, also think with MK we will have more ride choices. Of course, that changes trip planning. Not sure if we'll want to get up for a rope drop the morning after. Honestly, rope drop was a little harder to get going last time we were there, my preteen/teen kids are harder and harder to wake early. To think, once one of them was my notorious 5 am waker no matter weekend, or what time went to bed, etc. How times change!

We aren't going until April, so that's about the extent of my planning right now.

Yeah, MK definitely has the most rides for the ticket price. It just made us a feel a little rushed trying to get on all of them before the event ended. Definitely fun though and you also get popcorn and drinks and ice cream bars which is nice! I would not want to attempt to do rope drop the following morning though! I know some people just do a resort day the day of the event, so that's an idea to save some money and energy also.

So someone went wild with our credit card today at BestBuy.com. I hope they get caught.

I had that happen back in January. It took a while. I never found out exactly what happened with it all, I just know that I never had to pay for anything. Personally, I was not very happy about it to begin with. I got the text alert when it happened. I responded back that I was not purchasing anything, and then called to let them know that there was a problem, and they went ahead and shipped the items out instead of canceling the order. Over $2000 worth of merchandise, and then they tried to bill me for it. We went round and round for a couple of weeks before they finally agreed to remove the charge.

I had that happen back in January. It took a while. I never found out exactly what happened with it all, I just know that I never had to pay for anything. Personally, I was not very happy about it to begin with. I got the text alert when it happened. I responded back that I was not purchasing anything, and then called to let them know that there was a problem, and they went ahead and shipped the items out instead of canceling the order. Over $2000 worth of merchandise, and then they tried to bill me for it. We went round and round for a couple of weeks before they finally agreed to remove the charge.
I never called Best Buy, just the bank that issued my cc (Chase) to shut it down. They reviewed the list of charges from the past week. We put everything on that card so it was around 20 charges he asked about, asking which was ours, which wasn't. They removed the ones that weren't ours and will be sending us new cards. There was initially a Walgreen's charge from the weekend prior that I was planning to dispute once it posted but all the BB charges started pouring in so I mentioned that too. They were great to deal with.
PITA. I wish ppl would get a job and their own cc. I hope Chase was able to squash all their orders.

but now I just keep thinking, "she's going home to my dad".
And what a reunion that will be! It's a hard call, but you are doing right by her. It's hard...I am typing with tears...again. But I know it was the right choice because Daisy didn't suffer needlessly. That is love.

In three days, I'll be in Disneyland with my best friend of 26 years. He's already down there for work. I'm ready for some magic.

I never called Best Buy, just the bank that issued my cc (Chase) to shut it down. They reviewed the list of charges from the past week. We put everything on that card so it was around 20 charges he asked about, asking which was ours, which wasn't. They removed the ones that weren't ours and will be sending us new cards. There was initially a Walgreen's charge from the weekend prior that I was planning to dispute once it posted but all the BB charges started pouring in so I mentioned that too. They were great to deal with.
PITA. I wish ppl would get a job and their own cc. I hope Chase was able to squash all their orders.

Mine was the Best Buy card. I'm not sure which bank actually issues it, but it is only usable at Best Buy. I have it so that I can upgrade my laptop every 3-5 years when I need to, and then get washer/dryer other kitchen appliances on the 12 month 0% financing plan as needed.

And what a reunion that will be! It's a hard call, but you are doing right by her. It's hard...I am typing with tears...again. But I know it was the right choice because Daisy didn't suffer needlessly. That is love.

In three days, I'll be in Disneyland with my best friend of 26 years. He's already down there for work. I'm ready for some magic.

Have a FABULOUS time in Disneyland! Please take some pics to share. :) I'm missing out on all the holiday festivities!

On the financial front decisions, I took the plunge and signed up for Disney+. 7 day free trial, then the year plan. I missed out on the 3 year special. I saw the promotion, but at the time they didn't have any guarantees that they were going to have it available on Amazon Fire Stick, and that's the only streaming capabilities I have for my TV.

Yay for Disneyland!! I typed with tears, too, and thank you for thoughtful words. The groomer agreed to take her even though she is sick, so grateful for that (big tip incoming). Counting down for our trip to Orlando - 19 days!! Will be watching for your pics, let us all know what you think of DL and their holiday decorations!! I bet it will be beautiful!! Safe travels.....

17 days till I am in Disney! So much going on the next two weeks so it will go fast and I will be in need of the vacation! Hoping for good weather next weekend when we travel to get daughter moved back. Budgeting money to spend at Trader Joes while we are there. Trying to write out budgets for everything because I feel this time of year it is so easy to just spend, spend, spend and realize it later.

Good and bad for us too...the good is less than 3 weeks til DL, but the bad is that we need to let my husband's horse go before then :(
He's such a good old boy, but has gone downhill very fast and we can't put him through the winter...
Sorry about your DH's horse :(
This board has several DL or WDW trips quite soon, have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter