DDW does Disneyland! - 6/28 Complete w/ Grand Finale of WDW Food Photos!

Can't believe I missed this. Putting Cove Bar on my to do list.

Jill in CO
Definitely hit up Cove Bar if you're going to be at DCA! The location and menu are both fantastic. :thumbsup2

I was so excited to see you're doing DL reviews! We'll be taking our first trip there in just a few more months.

The Cove Bar looks really good. I can't wait to try it! It should be a nice reward for running the Dumbo Double Dare over Labor Day weekend :thumbsup2
I hope you have a great time on your first DL trip! Even though it's smaller than WDW, there's still so much to see. And you'll definitely deserve a treat (or five) after the Double Dumbo Dare. ;)

Your drink picture with that view of the park in the background is fantastic! Looks like something right out of a travel guide. Love it!

The tacos look delicious. I'm with you, love cilantro! The more the better. :thumbsup2
Thanks so much for the comments on the pic! Everything about my experience at Cove Bar - the food, drink, and setting - were all awesome. :goodvibes

Woohoo, a new DDW dining review - and a DL one at that. This is a treat :thumbsup2

Love that you are now old enough to drink (legally) at Disney (in fact everywhere), congrats :) Here's to plenty of DDW cocktail/drinks reviews - as well as the food of course.
Thanks for the congrats! I'm definitely hoping to share a few more WDW reviews sometime soon (maybe as part of the Live Update thread again). :thumbsup2

How on earth did I manage to miss the Cove Bar on both of my DL trips??!!

OK - so there's the excuse to go back ;)
Honestly, I don't think missing the Cove Bar is too much of a surprise! The main reason I was so drawn to it was to try the lobster nachos (which ended up not happening :laughing:), but it's definitely somewhere I'd recommend if you find yourself back in DL. :goodvibes

Oh my gosh, so happy to be reading my first DonaldDoleWhip review! I feel like you are a legend of sorts! :)

Fish+Cilantro+Lime=HEAVEN! I am with you, everything can use a little cilantro! Love your report so far, great pictures! Can't wait to read the rest!

Oh my gosh, so happy to be reading my first DonaldDoleWhip review! I feel like you are a legend of sorts! :)

Fish+Cilantro+Lime=HEAVEN! I am with you, everything can use a little cilantro! Love your report so far, great pictures! Can't wait to read the rest!
Wow, I'm so honored by your words - thanks so much! I hope you really enjoy the report (and that you aren't too disappointed with the side commentary) - if it were another WDW review, I'd probably be focusing mainly on the food. But since it's Disneyland, I feel like a kid in a candy store (or, in my case, a Disney Store ;)) with way too much to say about Disneyland Resort!

I plan to have a small food update ready for tomorrow, but in the meanwhile, another DCA interlude is coming up tonight. :goodvibes

As you can see, I was having a fantastic time exploring the re-imagined Disney California Adventure. There's so much to love about this park, and each of its eight themed lands contributes something meaningful to the overall park experience. My reviews have already mentioned aspects of Cars Land and Paradise Pier, so here are some additional snapshots from throughout the park.

The Little Mermaid attraction is nearly identical to the one that just opened at Magic Kingdom. The major differences lie in the exterior and queue. Many feel that MK's exterior is stronger (it's hard to compete with Prince Eric's Castle ;)), but I still like DCA's. The entrance is inspired by the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco - it's recycled from the previous attraction, Golden Dreams (which I wish I'd gotten to see, since Brenda said she enjoyed it!).

IMG_5943_zps83e7ebd1.jpg

Here's a look at Pacific Wharf (with Tower of Terror in the background):

IMG_6233_zps5e26b227.jpg

Pacific Wharf basically feels like one big food court to me. :laughing: But that's not a bad thing. The theming conjures up images of San Francisco and coastal areas such as Monterey. In addition, the land offers a mixture of dining options (including a café that specializes in sourdough bread bowls, and a Ghirardelli Soda Fountain!).

IMG_6412_zps313f6ddf.jpg

I took a moment to walk through the relatively new Ghirardelli store. Apparently the murals on the wall react when people order certain sundaes.

IMG_7238_zps2209b1ca.jpg

IMG_6269_zpsc3dbec6a.jpg

The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror is a major attraction in Hollywood Land. Admittedly, I prefer DHS's version of this attraction for quite a few reasons, but I've heard DCA's version has higher capacity (which is why the Tokyo and Paris Towers look more like DCA's, with the Paris one being identical).

IMG_5957_zps2cc048a6.jpg

Near the Tower of Terror is this sign in Hollywood Land. Details like this are exactly what the park was originally missing - they add a touch of Walt to the park, while creating some cohesion between the park's lands (Hollywood Land, Buena Vista Street, Paradise Pier, etc).

IMG_5986_zps3dfea927.jpg

Here's another unifying detail that ties together Condor Flats (the original home of Soarin' Over California) and Grizzly Peak. (This photo is from my first trip to DL, as revealed by the overcast sky :laughing:).

IMG_8698_zpsad85b569.jpg

Soarin' looks quite different at DCA compared to Epcot. The hangar building isn't disguised here (since it makes sense in the context of Condor Flats), and the queue celebrates famous California aviators.

IMG_6104_zps4d82cf0b.jpg

Grizzly Peak is still one of my favorite Disney 'icons' ever. It's not the official icon of the park - that honor goes to Carthay - but it's one of the most recognizable things that DCA 1.0 did well. :goodvibes

IMG_6275_zpsdf251d3f.jpg

Not only is Grizzly Peak a great icon, but Grizzly River Run is a great water attraction. :thumbsup2

IMG_6043_zps19971c0d.jpg

Next up is Buena Vista Street, which is anchored by Carthay Circle Theatre. (Grizzly Peak can be seen in the background)

IMG_5960_zpsacfb5272.jpg

A few hours after my Cove Bar experience, I was feeling hungry again, so it was time for a food stop on Buena Vista Street...

I cannot get over how different DL is to WDW - and since one of my favourite people lives very close, I guess that is two great reasons for a visit :thumbsup2

I cannot get over how different DL is to WDW - and since one of my favourite people lives very close, I guess that is two great reasons for a visit :thumbsup2

It is much different. We've gone a few times and stay at one of the Disney hotels. One of the nicest things is being able to walk from the hotel through DTD and into either DL or DCA. It makes for a much more relaxed experience compared to WDW. It's easy to walk between the parks, walk back to the hotel for a break and take a break in DTD.

Hi DDW :) All caught up! I'm glad you started this TR, since I'm 24 days until my first trip to DLR!! I had no idea about the Cove Bar, and now I will definitely put it on my must try list. The view is just breathtaking. Looking forward to more :goodvibes -Amanda

I am really loving the DL pictures! I know nothing about DL! My sister and her family live in LA and we would like to go next summer. This is convincing me that we really need to go to DL while there!

Agreed! The crazy thing about DL is how similar and different it feels at the same time. Even Disneyland Park (in spite of having practically the same layout as MK) feels noticeably different. For starters, you can see another park about 100 yards away from Disneyland Park's main gate. :laughing: The train station looks different. Main Street has a unique set of shops and stores. Adventureland has a different vibe due to the presence of Indy. Toontown still exists (and it's actually much stronger than the former Toontown Fair at MK). There are many other differences too (especially regarding Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, and New Orleans Square vs. Liberty Square). Then there's DCA, which I think is a fantastic park as well.

And of course, the whole property feels so compact. There are only 3 on-site hotels here, and they're all within walking distance to Downtown Disney and the parks. In fact, some of the offsite hotels are closer to the parks than the DL Hotel and Paradise Pier Hotel. ;) Still, I think staying on-site is worth it for Early Entry (especially with all the madness over RSR). :thumbsup2 All of the on-site hotels have their own draws. The Paradise Pier Hotel (the only one I haven't stepped foot in) offers some amazing views of DCA and is the cheapest. The Disneyland Hotel has a lot more magic than one would expect for a hotel with three generic high-rises. Finally, the Grand Californian is most convenient to the parks - plus, it's the only hotel that was built and owned by Disney from the start, meaning it has the quality theming that we associate with WDW resorts. :goodvibes In particular, GCH feels very similar to Wilderness Lodge - they were designed by the same architect, the late Peter Dominick, who also designed AKL.

Sorry if that response was a bit much. I just have so much to say about DL, and these reviews aren't moving fast enough. :lmao: And when you throw in Brenda and Emily into the mix (who I missed this time :worried:), the draw to visit DL increases even more!

It is much different. We've gone a few times and stay at one of the Disney hotels. One of the nicest things is being able to walk from the hotel through DTD and into either DL or DCA. It makes for a much more relaxed experience compared to WDW. It's easy to walk between the parks, walk back to the hotel for a break and take a break in DTD.
Agreed with everything you said - the compact size makes touring DL so easy. Park hopping is easier, and taking a break during the day doesn't necessarily mean losing a lot of time. Another thing - it seems like ADRs are much easier to get in DL (or aren't necessary at all). :thumbsup2 The only thing that seems to require a bit of planning and coordination is nighttime entertainment (and even if you don't plan at all, things can still work out. I had an incredible World of Color view, and I got my FP for the show that morning!)

Hi DDW :) All caught up! I'm glad you started this TR, since I'm 24 days until my first trip to DLR!! I had no idea about the Cove Bar, and now I will definitely put it on my must try list. The view is just breathtaking. Looking forward to more :goodvibes -Amanda
Hi Amanda! It's awesome to hear another Diser is planning a trip to DLR for the first time - I hope you love it as much as I do. If this report helps you discover a place or 2 to try, even better. :goodvibes

I am really loving the DL pictures! I know nothing about DL! My sister and her family live in LA and we would like to go next summer. This is convincing me that we really need to go to DL while there!
I'm so glad to hear you like the DL pictures! I know a lot of this info is available elsewhere, but I hope it's helpful to hear this stuff from someone who's a WDW veteran. Since you have so much family to visit in LA, I think you should definitely consider the trip! Just be prepared for a lot of traffic, especially if you land at LAX. :rotfl:

As mentioned previously, I eventually felt rather hungry while passing through Buena Vista Street. This seemed like a good time to try a place I've been interested in for a while. But first, here are some more pics from Buena Vista Street.

Close to the entrance is Oswald's Tires, which pays homage to the lucky rabbit who preceded Mickey Mouse. It's so nice to see Oswald in a Disney park where he belongs. :goodvibes

IMG_6289_zps640ed7ec.jpg

IMG_6290_zps8bb31670.jpg

This is the address for Atwater Ink & Paint supply store. According to an article in the Orange County Register, "2719 is the street number of the Walt Disney Studio when it was on Hyperion Avenue in Los Angeles." BVS is full of neat references like this!

IMG_6094_zps767f393e.jpg

I really liked this stained glass from inside Clarabelle's Hand-Scooped Ice Cream.

IMG_6096_zpsb2a91c6f.jpg

The Storytellers Statue is another great addition to the park. I really like how (unlike the Partners Statue) this one is at ground level. It represents Walt before any of his success had materialized - he was just an ordinary guy with a dream and a collection of stories to tell.

IMG_6287_zpsee73fd8d.jpg

Trolley Treats tempts guests inside with its Candy Mountain model. Rock Candy Mountain was actually a proposed attraction for DL's Fantasyland, so it's cool that they've memorialized the idea here.

IMG_5962_zpsfa8a355d.jpg

Finally, a few more pictures of Carthay Circle Theatre:

IMG_5961_zps1fa1027a.jpg

IMG_6285_zps0d848142.jpg

However, my next meal wasn't at Carthay - it was at the first in-park Disney-Starbucks location!

This is clearly a controversial topic for some, but I'll lay it out there - I'm pro-Starbucks. This isn't because I'm a huge coffee or Starbucks fan - to be honest, I can't remember the last time I had coffee at WDW/DL, and I have no plans at all to get a Starbucks beverage while in a Disney park. I just think all the pros outweigh the cons, and Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Café is a perfect demonstration of how Starbucks integration can be done well.

Somehow, I failed to take any pictures of the location itself, but it doesn't feel like a Starbucks. Disney Food Blog has a great look at this location from last summer - it's pretty clear that theming was a top priority in designing FF&P.

After perusing the menu for a bit, I decided to try the paneer and roasted vegetable sandwich with spicy tomato sauce on toasted garlic naan bread. This sandwich was full of flavor from the spicy tomato sauce (it was one of the spicier Disney meals I've had) and from the mild, firm paneer cheese. Served with house chips and a pickle, this was a really enjoyable quick service meal (albeit slightly messy, so I ate it with a knife and fork). Another thing - the paper underneath the sandwich looked like a newspaper! It's just another thoughtful Disney detail to distract you from the occasional Starbucks logo or Frappuccino cup you might see. ;)

IMG_7072_zpsb4fb9284.jpg

There were only two Starbucks-like moments of my FF&P experience. The first was while placing my order, the CM asked me if I'd like any caffeine to accompany my food (I declined). :laughing: The other moment was hearing the cast members calling people's names when their drinks were ready. Not a big deal.

So in the end, I really liked FF&P. I completely skipped the Starbucks food and beverages and still had a great experience there. As such, I have high hopes for the Starbucks locations coming soon at MK, Epcot, and DL (and eventually DHS and AK). :thumbsup2 Sponsors in a Disney park aren't exactly new (Coke, Edy's/Dreyer's, Nestlé, Dannon, and even Dole ;)), so while the Starbucks news has obviously sparked a lot of controversy, I don't see any reason to worry. :goodvibes

I am not sure how I feel about Starbucks in the Parks. I am withholding my decision until I see them in WDW. I don't drink coffee at all so that doesn't play into my decision. DS, however, is a huge Starbucks lover. There isn't one real close to us so he only has it as a treat now & then. He is really looking forward to trying it in Disney.

Love the look of that sandwich though! So it may be a good addition, even without the caffeine!

I am not sure how I feel about Starbucks in the Parks. I am withholding my decision until I see them in WDW. I don't drink coffee at all so that doesn't play into my decision. DS, however, is a huge Starbucks lover. There isn't one real close to us so he only has it as a treat now & then. He is really looking forward to trying it in Disney.

Love the look of that sandwich though! So it may be a good addition, even without the caffeine!
I know it's a controversial topic, but I couldn't resist bringing it up. I just think a lot of people are worked up for the wrong reasons (i.e. they think Starbucks is "replacing" Main Street Bakery, or they think Disney should remain "pure"), so I wanted to address some of those concerns here. The general consensus is that Starbucks coffee is much better than Nescafé, and I'd even say that a lot of Starbucks pastries are better than Disney pastries (most of which are available at several on-property locations, although I expect plenty of 'Disney' food to stay). Furthermore, beverages (based on the menu at FF&P) will be priced in line with drinks at other WDW locations, but will offer the quality and customization that Starbucks is known for.

The argument that people don't want to eat Starbucks in the parks would make sense, except for the fact that many of these same people have been completely fine with Edy's/Dreyer's ice cream in the parks for all this time (i.e. The Plaza, Beaches & Cream, etc). In fact, Edy's/Dreyer's is a subsidiary of Nestlé, which is an enormous international conglomerate (and that beloved Mickey Premium bar? It's also manufactured and branded by Nestlé). Sure, Starbucks has a store practically everywhere - but Nestlé has a much wider presence across the entire nation (and globe). ::yes::

I think Disney was fully aware of the backlash this would bring (since Starbucks is a rather polarizing company, much like Disney itself ;)), so they've gone out of their way to minimize the impact on people who are anti-Starbucks. Main Street Bakery might look different after the refurb (honestly, crowd flow has always been pretty bad in there), but I expect the theming to remain very similar. If anything, my sandwich on naan bread gives me hope that they'll improve the food offerings at MSB (which rarely jumped out at me before). :)

I will risk the embarrassment of assuming you are speaking of me and my clan and say that anytime you want to venture further West than Las Vegas, we'd love to host a DL trip with you!! :lovestruc Otherwise, we'll have to meet back up at WDW in the far/near future! :hug:

And of course, the whole property feels so compact. There are only 3 on-site hotels here, and they're all within walking distance to Downtown Disney and the parks. In fact, some of the offsite hotels are closer to the parks than the DL Hotel and Paradise Pier Hotel. ;) Still, I think staying on-site is worth it for Early Entry (especially with all the madness over RSR). :thumbsup2 All of the on-site hotels have their own draws. The Paradise Pier Hotel (the only one I haven't stepped foot in) offers some amazing views of DCA and is the cheapest. The Disneyland Hotel has a lot more magic than one would expect for a hotel with three generic high-rises. Finally, the Grand Californian is most convenient to the parks - plus, it's the only hotel that was built and owned by Disney from the start, meaning it has the quality theming that we associate with WDW resorts. :goodvibes In particular, GCH feels very similar to Wilderness Lodge - they were designed by the same architect, the late Peter Dominick, who also designed AKL.

Sorry if that response was a bit much. I just have so much to say about DL, and these reviews aren't moving fast enough. :lmao: And when you throw in Brenda and Emily into the mix (who I missed this time :worried:), the draw to visit DL increases even more!

You know more about DL/DCA than me! I'm utterly impressed with your knowledge. I do notice the big things like hey, they removed the big CALIFORNIA letters/sign at the entrance to DCA! But I didn't know about the address for Atwater Ink & Paint and other trivia that you included. :)

Awwww... you are so sweet to put Em and me on the positive side of the equation. :hug:

Did you fly into LAX? That could start your trip off on a bad note alone due to the traffic from LA to the OC. :lmao:

As for your lunch, that sandwich looks awesome. I like spicy (which is rare to find at most DL dining locations) so this sounds great. My opinion on Starbucks is heck, if they are going to take over every corner in the world why not at DL/WDW as well! :rotfl2: I'm not a coffee drinker so I really don't mind if they are in the parks or not.

Once again, I thoroughly enjoy your updates!! :woohoo:

You know more about DL/DCA than me! I'm utterly impressed with your knowledge. I do notice the big things like hey, they removed the big CALIFORNIA letters/sign at the entrance to DCA! But I didn't know about the address for Atwater Ink & Paint and other trivia that you included. :)

Well I've basically been reading up on Disneyland in my spare time as if my life depended on it. :lmao: It's nice to be using some of this knowledge for once!

Awwww... you are so sweet to put Em and me on the positive side of the equation. :hug:

Of course! :goodvibes

Did you fly into LAX? That could start your trip off on a bad note alone due to the traffic from LA to the OC. :lmao:

We actually arrived via Long Beach, but departed from LAX. Still, it would be nice to leave out LAX completely next time. :laughing:

As for your lunch, that sandwich looks awesome. I like spicy (which is rare to find at most DL dining locations) so this sounds great. My opinion on Starbucks is heck, if they are going to take over every corner in the world why not at DL/WDW as well! :rotfl2: I'm not a coffee drinker so I really don't mind if they are in the parks or not.

Yeah, I would enjoy FF&P just as much whether it served Starbucks or not. But after reading the endless criticism of Nescafé served in the parks (which I've never tried, thankfully), it makes me believe Starbucks is a net-positive for those who care about Disney theming and a decent cup of coffee. :thumbsup2

Once again, I thoroughly enjoy your updates!! :woohoo:
I'm so glad you're still enjoying the report, and that some of the bonus facts are actually interesting to you!

Joining in and all caught up! :goodvibes That sandwich at FF&P looks great. I'm at Disneyland at least every Sunday and have never come across this option. It sounds like something great for my (vegetarian) boyfriend to try. He doesn't always like trying new things, but he's down with anything spicy, so it might be a good, new option for him. ::yes::

I love the atmosphere at FF&P, but in my opinion, the name is too long. I can never remember it! Whenever I bring it up I always hesitantly mumble something about fiddle dee dee... :blush:

I know it's a controversial topic, but I couldn't resist bringing it up. I just think a lot of people are worked up for the wrong reasons (i.e. they think Starbucks is "replacing" Main Street Bakery, or they think Disney should remain "pure"), so I wanted to address some of those concerns here. The general consensus is that Starbucks coffee is much better than Nescafé, and I'd even say that a lot of Starbucks pastries are better than Disney pastries (most of which are available at several on-property locations, although I expect plenty of 'Disney' food to stay). Furthermore, beverages (based on the menu at FF&P) will be priced in line with drinks at other WDW locations, but will offer the quality and customization that Starbucks is known for.

The argument that people don't want to eat Starbucks in the parks would make sense, except for the fact that many of these same people have been completely fine with Edy's/Dreyer's ice cream in the parks for all this time (i.e. The Plaza, Beaches & Cream, etc). In fact, Edy's/Dreyer's is a subsidiary of Nestlé, which is an enormous international conglomerate (and that beloved Mickey Premium bar? It's also manufactured and branded by Nestlé). Sure, Starbucks has a store practically everywhere - but Nestlé has a much wider presence across the entire nation (and globe). ::yes::

I think Disney was fully aware of the backlash this would bring (since Starbucks is a rather polarizing company, much like Disney itself ;)), so they've gone out of their way to minimize the impact on people who are anti-Starbucks. Main Street Bakery might look different after the refurb (honestly, crowd flow has always been pretty bad in there), but I expect the theming to remain very similar. If anything, my sandwich on naan bread gives me hope that they'll improve the food offerings at MSB (which rarely jumped out at me before). :)

Agree with everything you said. I don't think I am always a Disney purist but I do admit that I do not like alchohol at BoG. I don't think it is what Walt would have wanted and I feel that it should have been honored. But will that stop me from eating there? No (although the food quality will!). I will eat there but I don't see myself having a drink. I can go to EPCOT for that! :)

So excited to see you back in the hot seat and reviewing DLR no less! Mr. Roma and I are planning our first trip there later this fall so I'm pretty stoked whenever I see a new review.

I also think it's cute that you had your first Disney cocktail at DLR ;).

Joining in and all caught up! :goodvibes That sandwich at FF&P looks great. I'm at Disneyland at least every Sunday and have never come across this option. It sounds like something great for my (vegetarian) boyfriend to try. He doesn't always like trying new things, but he's down with anything spicy, so it might be a good, new option for him. ::yes::

I love the atmosphere at FF&P, but in my opinion, the name is too long. I can never remember it! Whenever I bring it up I always hesitantly mumble something about fiddle dee dee... :blush:
Hi Emmy, I'm so glad you're here! That paneer & veggie sandwich definitely sounds like something your BF might like. But I agree with you about the name - I've called it "the place where they serve Starbucks" in conversations, but never "Fiddler, Fifer, and Practical Café." It's a rather impractical name. :rotfl:

Agree with everything you said. I don't think I am always a Disney purist but I do admit that I do not like alchohol at BoG. I don't think it is what Walt would have wanted and I feel that it should have been honored. But will that stop me from eating there? No (although the food quality will!). I will eat there but I don't see myself having a drink. I can go to EPCOT for that! :)
Alcohol at BOG is something that my feelings are mixed on, but personally I don't think it's a huge problem - if it remains only at BOG or perhaps one or two other TS locations. Disneyland Park has one place that serves alcohol (Club 33), and BOG is somewhat similar - both are very difficult to get into (although BOG has much higher capacity). Honestly, if people want to get drunk and then tour DL/MK, they'll find a way to do it, but I hope Disney doesn't make it too easy. ;)

So excited to see you back in the hot seat and reviewing DLR no less! Mr. Roma and I are planning our first trip there later this fall so I'm pretty stoked whenever I see a new review.

I also think it's cute that you had your first Disney cocktail at DLR ;).
I hope my Disneyland updates are helpful to you! It always makes me happy to hear that people are planning trips to DLR (it's so worth it :thumbsup2). And I still can't believe I had my first Disney cocktail at DLR - for months I was truly expecting it to be at La Cava. :lmao: It's okay though - Cove Bar was worth it!

Pacific Wharf basically feels like one big food court to me. :laughing: But that's not a bad thing. The theming conjures up images of San Francisco and coastal areas such as Monterey. In addition, the land offers a mixture of dining options (including a café that specializes in sourdough bread bowls, and a Ghirardelli Soda Fountain!).

I took a moment to walk through the relatively new Ghirardelli store. Apparently the murals on the wall react when people order certain sundaes.

Enjoying reading your review. I love WDW but DLR has my heart!

FYI-the mural on the wall is timed so you can see the whole thing (inc. the earthquake climax) by standing there for a certain amount of time-it's not tied to someone's order. Also everyone coming in gets a free sample. Right now it Chocolate and Caramel. This helps to alleviate our pain since Ghiradelli's is in the old Mission Tortilla Factory location where you used to get free hot tortillas. The free sourdough samples are still available right across from Ghiradelli. :)

Can't wait to read more.

Enjoying reading your review. I love WDW but DLR has my heart!

FYI-the mural on the wall is timed so you can see the whole thing (inc. the earthquake climax) by standing there for a certain amount of time-it's not tied to someone's order. Also everyone coming in gets a free sample. Right now it Chocolate and Caramel. This helps to alleviate our pain since Ghiradelli's is in the old Mission Tortilla Factory location where you used to get free hot tortillas. The free sourdough samples are still available right across from Ghiradelli.

Can't wait to read more.
I'm glad you're enjoying the reviews! And thanks for the info - I remember reading shortly after Ghirardelli opened that the events were related to what people ordered, but it wasn't from an official source (it was Disney Food Blog). It's pretty cool to know that you can see all the events if you stay there long enough! (I obviously wasn't there long enough to figure that out :rotfl:)

I also missed the free chocolate samples, perhaps because I entered through the typical exit. (Didn't want to be tempted to order a sundae! ;)) I missed the sourdough samples too! Those are both great tips for a future DL visit - thanks again. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter