DDP for 10 yo

FreeTime

DIS Veteran
My DD will turn 10 one month before our next trip. I know that she will eat practically nothing. We want to get the DDP but I am thinking we should avoid it since she will be full price. What would you do? Should we wait a few years before getting the dining plan again?

My DD will turn 10 one month before our next trip. I know that she will eat practically nothing. We want to get the DDP but I am thinking we should avoid it since she will be full price. What would you do? Should we wait a few years before getting the dining plan again?

My 8 year old is a VERY picky eater with food allergies. We decided to go with the dining plan for our family. We have one teenager and one preteen. We are on a budget so it helps to have the food paid for in advance. They each have their credits to use any way they want so we don't have them constantly asking if they can have this or that. Of course, we do know that there will probably be a few things that we will end up paying for out of pocket but the major meals have already been covered.

I'd check the menus at the restaurants (table service & counter service) that you'd like to try and add up the cost of what your family would most probably want to eat. See if the cash cost would be more or less than total DDP cost. Depending on where & what you eat, the DDP may still save you money even paying adult price for DD - even if she doesn't finish meals. Seems like a lot of days, DH & I "spent" nearly the full cost of the day's DDP just on our dinner meal.

I'd check the menus to see if she would eat anything from the adult menu. Is she the kind of picky eater that will stick to pizza, hot dogs, and chicken fingers? Or would she prefer the adult menu items with a little more variety? If she's picky but would prefer the adult meals, then maybe the DDP makes sense. But if she's always going to want the kids' menu, I'd skip the DDP this time around.

Another option is to pay OOP for kids' meals for her at non-buffet table service locations and use the extra adult credits to either add additional TS meals or a couple signature dining experiences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter