DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Why thank you chaps. My ranting skills seem to be sharpening with age, which is more than I can say for my eyesight. 6 months of screens all the time has taken its toll a little bit I think.
Chrissylet on Twitter: Having to wear glasses 20 years ago and looking  like bubbles off trailer park boys lol #GrowingUpWithGlasses  http://t.co/R5KbSmR9Ou

And, to keep on adding to the September madness, here is my retirement, anniversary, and next few birthday gifts combined.

20200915_195545.jpg

It barely fits. :scared1:

That's what she said. :lmao:

Not to me. :sad2:

20200915_195635.jpg

22 long rifle rimfire Ruger with a 10 clip magazine. I'm your huckleberry.

If that wasn't enough, paid the taxes on the other two vehicles and opened a new bank account to switch banks. Then, cleaned out the garage to get the truck in there.

No, I haven't. I have a general rule that documentaries about where my food comes from fall into the "ignorance is bliss" category.

It's different than the first one. It overtly makes fun of what we already know and do. For example, he paints a wall green. In the caption, it says this wall is painted green so you think our food is organic. It mostly deals with advertising in the fast food business.

Good to hear from again Rob - don't be a stranger. Good luck with the DD / wedding talk Norm, nice rant Dan - get off my lawn.

No wedding talk today. Maybe he was just drunk. That sounds much better.

If someone could GMO up a chicken with 6 breasts, 8 legs and 4 wings, we could market it into KFC as a "Bird in a Bucket" meal deal. And then off we go to Golden Oaks on our chicken money.

Apparently, they've been breeding chickens to grow faster, and have succeeded in shortening that time span. Watch the documentary and then you'll have even more to rant about. It's called Holy Chicken.

I totally echo this sentiment, Rob mate. Feel free to text Mark if you can't check in here.
(Only joking buddy, you know I luv ya)

Fine, you can text me too. Sheesh.

Or Yuengling, Miller or Reece's. I'm pretty sure someone over your side have had a go though.
If someone could GMO up a chicken with 6 breasts, 8 legs and 4 wings, we could market it into KFC as a "Bird in a Bucket" meal deal. And then off we go to Golden Oaks on our chicken money.

Hey, somebody actually won a suit over McDonald's because they didn't realize their coffee would be hot.

Anyone heard from CCT lately?

No...he hasn't checked in for a while.

Nice truck!

Not to me.

:rotfl2:

20200915_195635.jpg

22 long rifle rimfire Ruger with a 10 clip magazine. I'm your huckleberry.

You'll shoot your eye out!

It's different than the first one. It overtly makes fun of what we already know and do. For example, he paints a wall green. In the caption, it says this wall is painted green so you think our food is organic. It mostly deals with advertising in the fast food business.

Interesting. Usually "organic" means "more expensive" to me. :rotfl:

And, to keep on adding to the September madness, here is my retirement, anniversary, and next few birthday gifts combined.

20200915_195545.jpg
Congrats Norm. Looks nice. Either you got the garage repaired or you told DW suffer. :lmao:

20200915_195635.jpg

22 long rifle rimfire Ruger with a 10 clip magazine.
Wow! Didn't know you were buying me a gift for your retirement. Thanks! ;)

Today is first day of new job, right?

Afternoon brethren. Popping in for a cheeky hello whilst I wolf down a sausage roll and a Coke Zero, in the 20 mins I have between meetings. Not much to report. Hopefully CCT is OK, good call out Chief.
Very nice mate. I got one of those "You and a few select drivers have been identified to upgrade your Jeep early" emails - yeah, me and everyone on your database.

No wedding talk today.
Perhaps there's a connection between these 2 things...... Good luck today my friend. Get making, or packing, or supervising, I think it had something to do with production plants.
Hey, somebody actually won a suit over McDonald's because they didn't realize their coffee would be hot.
I knew that one. Its bit like our packets of peanuts have the phrase 'May contain Nuts' on the front. Really? You shock me.
I remember the launch of the double quarter pounder (no, we don't call it a double Royale with cheese, Tarantino fans) and everyone losing their minds about how awful it was that McDonalds are sending us to an early grave.

Last edited:
Morning, boys.
Taking Dad to either get hearing aids picked out and ordered or picked out and picked up. (Not sure of the process.) It's a big step since he adamantly refused to wear any as early as last year. Well, when he'd actually hear someone yelling at him that he needed hearing aids, he'd refuse.

Happy retannibirthday!

I presume the gun came with the truck. I mean, it's gotta be in your constitution somewhere!

"Whereas all good men are entitled to a truck, such trucks shall come equipped with the right to one sun-tanned arm sticking out the window and a gun rack with said rack equipped with a minimum of one gun. More is better. Thus be what thine woman doth said."

Not to me. :sad2:
:laughing:
Happy "Here's looking at you" day?

Late check in, but had a great first day at the new job. All the managers came in and met with our group of 5, then some training, ID badges, parking stickers, boot voucher, work shirts, and probably some other stuff. I'll be working the retorts on the white sauce line. You now know as much as I do about what that means, but it's a level 5 pay, so.I should start at $5 more an hour. Not sure how I convinced them I was smart enough to do that. :lmao:

I learned about the new company owner - Mizkan - a Japanese company that has been in business over 200 years - and began making vinegar. Ragu sauce was first made and sold in Rochester, NY during the depression. Mizkan bought out Unilever, the company that used to run Ragu several years ago. They have made lots of safety and efficiency upgrades at the plant, the only plant in the world, that makes the Ragu spaghetti sauces and Bertolli cream sauce.

Congratulations!

Thanks.

Thanks.

Nice truck

Thanks.

Nice truck!

Thanks.

Congrats Norm. Looks nice. Either you got the garage repaired or you told DW suffer. :lmao:

Today is first day of new job, right?

Thanks. Yes, and the garage was fixed. I packed a lot into yesterday.

Very nice mate.

Perhaps there's a connection between these 2 things...... Good luck today my friend. Get making, or packing, or supervising, I think it had something to do with production plants.

Thanks. I won't start training on the actual machines until next week.

Happy retannibirthday!

I presume the gun came with the truck. I mean, it's gotta be in your constitution somewhere!

"Whereas all good men are entitled to a truck, such trucks shall come equipped with the right to one sun-tanned arm sticking out the window and a gun rack with said rack equipped with a minimum of one gun. More is better. Thus be what thine woman doth said."

:laughing:

Thanks. I do remember one place did offer a new gun with every vehicle purchase. But, this was just all my decision. I like your proposed amendment to our constitution. I've submitted for an immediate review. :lmao:

Morning All.

Office TV is showing golf and tennis today. The Italian Open from Rome has a pretty cool venue, almost like the have tennis courts set up in ancient roman venues.

Have a good one all.

Morning, folks.

Off to take my Dad for hearing aids today.
Wait... that was yesterday...

No. Apparently, not so much.

Here's the story.
A month or more ago, we convince my dad he needs a hearing test. He says "What?" We yell "YOU NEED A HEARING TEST!" He replies "I don't need a rest!" But eventually the message gets across. Mom's Dr says Costco does hearing tests and I have a membership, so offer to take care of it. I book the appointment and a month later, he gets tested. His hearing goes from normal in the low (bass) range to "profound" (Which is the lowest score you can get, i.e. deaf) in the high range. The audiologist explains it all to him/us, but dad can't really hear her and when asked what he thinks the results are, he says "About medium". :sad2: Mom, presses him over the next couple weeks and he finally relents to getting hearing aids. I tell mom I'll make an appointment, but she tells me that she's already called and we don't need one to pick them up. Okay, so off we go to Costco. We get there and are told we need an appointment (bear in mind, this is a minimum couple hours of my time invested.) We are told that they have an opening on Thursday next week, otherwise it will be another month. I make an appointment for Thursday (today) at 4:45. After I drop the folks off, Mom decides that Thursday doesn't really work well for them, so she calls Costco and manages to change it to Wednesday (yesterday) at 4pm. I rearrange my schedule and just before I leave to pick them up, she calls and tells me that Costco just called and she made a mistake and it's actually for Thursday. But she can't do 4pm, so she changes it to 4:45...
The same time I originally booked.

I should start at $5 more an hour. Not sure how I convinced them I was smart enough to do that. :lmao:
It's a miracle! An employment miracle!
I learned about the new company owner - Mizkan - a Japanese company that has been in business over 200 years - and began making vinegar. Ragu sauce was first made and sold in Rochester, NY during the depression. Mizkan bought out Unilever, the company that used to run Ragu several years ago. They have made lots of safety and efficiency upgrades at the plant, the only plant in the world, that makes the Ragu spaghetti sauces and Bertolli cream sauce.
That's interesting for me, because Ragu quietly stopped selling in Canada very recently. I wonder if that's because of the buy out.
Thanks. I do remember one place did offer a new gun with every vehicle purchase.
I've seen that sign on the interwebs. Same with opening an account at the bank.
But, this was just all my decision. I like your proposed amendment to our constitution. I've submitted for an immediate review. :lmao:
Shocked it's not already there!
The Italian Open from Rome has a pretty cool venue, almost like the have tennis courts set up in ancient roman venues.
That's cool. Imagine playing there.

Morning, folks.

Here's the story.
A month or more ago, we convince my dad he needs a hearing test. He says "What?" We yell "YOU NEED A HEARING TEST!" He replies "I don't need a rest!" But eventually the message gets across. Mom's Dr says Costco does hearing tests and I have a membership, so offer to take care of it. I book the appointment and a month later, he gets tested. His hearing goes from normal in the low (bass) range to "profound" (Which is the lowest score you can get, i.e. deaf) in the high range. The audiologist explains it all to him/us, but dad can't really hear her and when asked what he thinks the results are, he says "About medium". :sad2: Mom, presses him over the next couple weeks and he finally relents to getting hearing aids. I tell mom I'll make an appointment, but she tells me that she's already called and we don't need one to pick them up. Okay, so off we go to Costco. We get there and are told we need an appointment (bear in mind, this is a minimum couple hours of my time invested.) We are told that they have an opening on Thursday next week, otherwise it will be another month. I make an appointment for Thursday (today) at 4:45. After I drop the folks off, Mom decides that Thursday doesn't really work well for them, so she calls Costco and manages to change it to Wednesday (yesterday) at 4pm. I rearrange my schedule and just before I leave to pick them up, she calls and tells me that Costco just called and she made a mistake and it's actually for Thursday. But she can't do 4pm, so she changes it to 4:45...

Bang Head GIFs | Tenor

Here's the story.

You think your parenting work is done when the kids grow up and move out, and then it turns out you have to parent your own parents, too...

Made it home from day #2 & still employed. Seems the plan after tomorrow is to start training on 2nd shift Monday and going to nights when they change over to a new shift plan. They did bring in a vendor truck and everyone got free ice cream today, as in everyone in the factory. It is great to be working for a for-profit company.

Morning All.

Office TV is showing golf and tennis today. The Italian Open from Rome has a pretty cool venue, almost like the have tennis courts set up in ancient roman venues.

Have a good one all.

Sounds like a good spot. Maybe I'll get there one day.

Morning, folks.

Here's the story.

But your scheduling plan was a terrible idea. :lmao::sad2:

Hope it works out for him. I've known some who did well with hearing aides and others who didn't.

That's interesting for me, because Ragu quietly stopped selling in Canada very recently. I wonder if that's because of the buy out.

If it's recent, then it's probably due to COVID. From what they've discussed so far, they can't keep enough employees or produce enough sauce to meet the demand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!