DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I think only 3 other folks here are going to DDCC7 @Cinderella's Fella , @declansdad and @budamacdvcr . If I missed any of you, please let me know.

Since we have a specific park planned for each day, I decided to try to do some ADRs (I love breakfast...mmmmm bacon) and wanted to get my favorite restaurant (Tiffins). I've made all these for 4 people, so if you'd like to join me for any of these, let me know. (I also get up early, so I got most of these early before the park opens).

1/7
7:30 Ohana's
12:15 BOG (might cancel this...not sure)

1/8
6:10 50s prime time (only because I didn't try the onion rings last time and a PB&J milkshake is calling my name ;))

1/9
11:30 Tiffins (planning on giving my ROL ticket to someone, but the meal alone is worth it)
3:00 is Jiko wine tasting for those who reserved with Terrance
6:50 O'hana's

1/10
7:30 Cape May Cafe
3:00 is dinner at Biergarten

1/11
7:30 Boma

1/12
7:30 The wave
My plan is to wait for the picture(s) and then get on the road, so lunch will be QS

Strange thing...if you select breakfast for your search, the 7:30 times I ended up getting don't show up, but if you plug in 6:30am, then suddenly earlier times are there. I guess for their search engine breakfast starts at 9 or something.

Thanks for the invite, I'll let you know.

I think only 3 other folks here are going to DDCC7 @Cinderella's Fella , @declansdad and @budamacdvcr . If I missed any of you, please let me know.

Since we have a specific park planned for each day, I decided to try to do some ADRs (I love breakfast...mmmmm bacon) and wanted to get my favorite restaurant (Tiffins). I've made all these for 4 people, so if you'd like to join me for any of these, let me know. (I also get up early, so I got most of these early before the park opens).

1/7
7:30 Ohana's
12:15 BOG (might cancel this...not sure)

1/8
6:10 50s prime time (only because I didn't try the onion rings last time and a PB&J milkshake is calling my name ;))

1/9
11:30 Tiffins (planning on giving my ROL ticket to someone, but the meal alone is worth it)
3:00 is Jiko wine tasting for those who reserved with Terrance
6:50 O'hana's

1/10
7:30 Cape May Cafe
3:00 is dinner at Biergarten

1/11
7:30 Boma

1/12
7:30 The wave
My plan is to wait for the picture(s) and then get on the road, so lunch will be QS

Strange thing...if you select breakfast for your search, the 7:30 times I ended up getting don't show up, but if you plug in 6:30am, then suddenly earlier times are there. I guess for their search engine breakfast starts at 9 or something.
Wish I could make it; I will find a way to get down there one of these years.

Okay, let's see if I got this right.
If I want to rent a standard view deluxe studio at the Poly for 4 nights in the first week of December(Mon- Thur)
it's gonna cost 4X16=64 points, right?
Or if I chose BLT it's 4X14=56 points.

Are the points the same cost? I presume so? And.... how much is a point worth?

I have a source where I get them for $9 a point, another that is $12 and seen websites that offer $13 - $15 per point, all USD.
Ah. Hence the "negotiation" comment earlier. Just depends on who's selling, I suppose.
So based on my earlier post, that 4 day Poly stay will cost anywhere from $576 - $960
Standard view rack rate for that period is $532/night. (plus tax, of course.) What am I missing here?
If I book a standard room through Disney, it'll cost $2,128, (plus tax) so DVC renting is less than half that? Even worst case scenario?

Ah. Hence the "negotiation" comment earlier. Just depends on who's selling, I suppose.
So based on my earlier post, that 4 day Poly stay will cost anywhere from $576 - $960
Standard view rack rate for that period is $532/night. (plus tax, of course.) What am I missing here?
If I book a standard room through Disney, it'll cost $2,128, (plus tax) so DVC renting is less than half that? Even worst case scenario?
I would ask 12 for people I know on here. I get 13 on the commercial sites when they rent on to someone else.
So yeah, if your points total is right that’s it. I’m pretty sure You also don’t pay for parking, as you are effectively DVC staying on points, so that also drives the difference by another 75 or so

Okay, let's see if I got this right.
If I want to rent a standard view deluxe studio at the Poly for 4 nights in the first week of December(Mon- Thur)
it's gonna cost 4X16=64 points, right?
Or if I chose BLT it's 4X14=56 points.

Are the points the same cost? I presume so? And.... how much is a point worth?
I haven't look at the points charts, but that sounds about right. Sun-Thu are lower point values and Fri&Sat are higher. 16 and 14 sounds about right.

I also haven't looked at what points are renting for now, since I'm still trying to wade through all the details of MNSSHP (it's a plan within a plan...sheesh!). I know when I rented them back in 2008, they were $11/point, so if they're still $11, then it would be:
$704 and $616 respectively.

Again, I have no idea what they're going for now, so it is likely higher.

I would ask 12 for people I know on here. I get 13 on the commercial sites when they rent on to someone else.
So yeah, if your points total is right that’s it. I’m pretty sure You also don’t pay for parking, as you are effectively DVC staying on points, so that also drives the difference by another 75 or so
Sounds reasonable. I'm surprised it's not higher now, though.. I figured since everything else has gone up so significantly, so would $/point. Economics 101, I suppose...if someone wants to rent their points badly enough, they'd be will to take less for them and if there's more supply than demand, same thing.

On the DVC we might start to go every other year, so I’d be happy to give first dibs to guys on here for my points.

And you own at the Poly, right? That's a great 11 month advantage booking window. I may take you up on that.

Yep, busier times = more points. http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-vacation-club/DVCpoints.shtml

The above link should give you everything you need to know about points at different resorts and different times.

We have a DisDads talk DVC thread in our subforum. It's a sticky.

Having fun with the in laws pointing out things that will be worse for us due to them voting to leave the EU. On a yellow card from Lady K.

If you're on a yellow card, how many games do you have to sit out of the marital bedroom? Is Shane substituting for you? :lmao:

Hi! (I had @docsoliday1 here, but, that's not right i think it was supposed to be either @declansdad or @pkondz ) I have rented points twice. The first time, from a stranger on the internet. I went over Wine & Dine weekend, stayed at the Boardwalk in a studio for something like $518 (37 points @ $14/point). For January of 2019, I found a different stranger on the Disboards, and we're staying at OKW in a studio for something like $540 (36 points @$15/point). For me, the 11 month window is as big a deal as the price point.
I plan to rent BWV points again for another adults-only trip in 2019, from the person I first rented from.
HOWEVER,

I am from St. Louis, and a Cardinals fan. I would say I'm in between being a fair-weather fan and a hard-core name the lineups for the past 9 seasons every game fan. I get to 3? games a year and have another 60 on tv at one time or another.

So you may feel my information on renting DVC is tainted. I understand.

@londontime , Looks like we don't see eye to eye on baseball or futball.
And as for @budamacdvcr , I'm just including you in my note that while *most* Cardinals fans are pre-disposed to hatred of Cubs fans, I am not. I cheer for my team, and you cheer for yours. Once the game is over, we can all still be friends.

Last edited:

:wave:
Although, I will only be at the BBQ. I still need to mail Adam my dwarf shirt.

Saturday, I'm park hopping from AK to Epcot to DHS... and the DDCC7 park of the day that day is MK :wompwomp

Hopefully at the Marathon, we can get a photo of any DisDads that are doing the full.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter