DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Good Day Dads! Today's total for Andriana is $3127.61. I heard from her today and she says that she will be moving to Hawaii in two weeks. So I will be shutting this down this Friday and going to the bank on Saturday to pull the money together to send to her. Thank you all for giving! If anyone still want to donate, please PM me.

Good Morning Gents, We have collected $3,217.61 for Cj's legacy for Andriana! Thank you all who have given! Today is the last day we will be collecting, so, if you wish to donate, or you want to donate more, you can send it via PayPal, knmbuks@yahoo.com or PM me for other ways to do so.

Thank you all again!

That's is so Cool! :smooth: Hat or no hat?
Strange you should ask that...look what I got on my hat...
hat_zoby.jpg
If you're not a cubs fan or know the guys, it's Ben Zobrist's autograph (#18) Happens to be my favorite Cub because he's not only a good player, he's the example for hustle and dedication and he's a Christian. He's just a down to earth guy vs. a pompous *ss many of the better players are and to me, at least, that means a LOT.

Here's me ready for the game...
ready_for_game.jpg

I had that jacket made for me when I was stationed in Korea ('90 - '91). First time in a long time I've been able to fit into it (including zipping it up even though it's not here)

:wave:
Although, I will only be at the BBQ. I still need to mail Adam my dwarf shirt.

Saturday, I'm park hopping from AK to Epcot to DHS... and the DDCC7 park of the day that day is MK :wompwomp

Hopefully at the Marathon, we can get a photo of any DisDads that are doing the full.
Sorry. I think I recall you mentioning before you'd be there for just the picnic. My bad. Looking forward to meeting you as well.
Saturday will be my travel home day, so the current plan is stick around long enough for the photos and then head home. What we've done the last couple times and it's worked well, is drive about half way (Valdosta) and crash in a hotel. Drive the remainder Sunday morning. The traffic seems to be way better on Sunday morning and gets us home in time for church and the drive overall doesn't seem as bad.

I am not doing the full (or half or oxymoron "fun" run). Running isn't my thing since I broke my back in 3 places years ago. Just physically hurts to jog. So, pictures, for me, will have to be at picnic.

I think only 3 other folks here are going to DDCC7 @Cinderella's Fella , @declansdad and @budamacdvcr . If I missed any of you, please let me know.
I'll be there in spirit. For the time being, Mickey has all my money from this last trip. Maybe one day...

Good info on renting DVC points. I had always been curious but never really knew how to go about doing it. It's definitely the only way I could stay in a deluxe resort.
This last trip, the value room was harder to get used to, especially the single sink, after staying in moderates before. But the free dining was a deal I couldn't pass up. Whenever my next trip is, I may look into renting points.

I'll have to join in DISDad meetup pictures posting. I only have one. Those of you in the FB group may have already seen it. I met Tim Beloin in DHS last week. Nice to meet him. I only know him from the FB group - not sure what his DISboards name is or if he ever posts here anymore.

IMG_0871.JPG

I also met Trevor Carson at Test Track. I wasn't able to get a picture since he was working at the time, but I had a quick chat and he was nice enough to give my family an anytime FP for an Epcot attraction. Again, he's one of the guys I recognized from FB posts, I don't believe he posts on the boards.

I have a source where I get them for $9 a point, another that is $12 and seen websites that offer $13 - $15 per point, all USD.
$9!!!...
That's just about magical.

OK everyone, Y'all about got me thinking of trying to get back down there (maybe next fall) on points.
So,general question: If I end up having to go through a web site to rent points, which one is best?

$9!!!...

OK everyone, Y'all about got me thinking of trying to get back down there (maybe next fall) on points.
So,general question: If I end up having to go through a web site to rent points, which one is best?
I honestly can't say...never used a web site (outside of the DIS boards thread).
Since there is at least one (Dan) and probably two (me) talking about renting points, might keep it in the family per se.

ready_for_game-jpg.347266

Doc, no need to hide your allegiances. Next time, dress to represent your team.

I'll have to join in DISDad meetup pictures posting. I only have one. Those of you in the FB group may have already seen it. I met Tim Beloin in DHS last week. Nice to meet him. I only know him from the FB group - not sure what his DISboards name is or if he ever posts here anymore.

Tim used to post all the time here, but like a lot of the guys gradually fell away.

Wish I could help. I rented once from a DIS Dad, and once from a family friend. I think that helped keep the costs down for me--they were more willing to rent at cost.

Last edited:
$9!!!...

Start with the DisDads. There is that DisDads marketplace page you can start with or here. ;)

$9!!!...

I rented mine as the owner through David’s. They were pretty hot at chasing me for booking ddp or room requests on behalf of the renters. I don’t know what they charge but they pay me 13 or 14, so they must be chucking at least a couple on to make their turn.

This is kinda fascinating.

I've collected a lot of things over the years, but never would have considered (of course until now, didn't know) these.
I might try to snag a few, but I don't think I'd want to spend the time and energy involved in trying to get them all.

I also just learned evidently there's some type of card game where you go to different locations and scan the card and it does some type of magic or gain points or something. Like I said, I've just learned of its existence, so I have absolutely no details.

Edit: Found it --- https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/sorcerers/

Last edited:
This is kinda fascinating.

I've collected a lot of things over the years, but never would have considered (of course until now, didn't know) these.
I might try to snag a few, but I don't think I'd want to spend the time and energy involved in trying to get them all.

I also just learned evidently there's some type of card game where you go to different locations and scan the card and it does some type of magic or gain points or something. Like I said, I've just learned of its existence, so I have absolutely no details.

This looks like a job for Disney Commando!

Morning Guys,

Happy Long Weekend for those of you who have begun the celebration this morning or last night. DW are heading to Halifax tonight for a couple of days, just like our pre-kid days. It will be a bit stressful as it is the first time we will be leaving DS home alone for two night and I remember what that was like when I was 17. Although his grandparents said they would probably stop in and check on him at any time so I guess that should keep things reasonable.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Doc, no need to hide your allegiances. Next time, dress to represent your team.

I was thinking he needed a bit more blue. ;)

$9!!!...

Also, one of the Dads on Facebook had a horror story sometime ago about renting points from David's.

I don’t suppose you support Green Bay? Then we could have a clean sweep...

I don't really follow the NFL. I was not a fan of the Rams when they were here, so I can't say I was upset when they left (from a personal level. As a regional representative, that sucked.)

However, the larger the NFL grows, the less & less I care about the business of American Football.
That being said, my wife was a big fan of Brett Favre and Peyton Manning. When I play Madden on PS4, I usually choose the Packers.

Hey guys, I need your thoughts....

I booked the swan back in April through work discount. Thought it was a decent rate (and maybe it is).
Looking at discounts being offered now, I can get pop century for less than 1/2.
Any reason why I shouldn't switch and save a bunch of money?

I booked the swan back in April through work discount. Thought it was a decent rate (and maybe it is).
Looking at discounts being offered now, I can get pop century for less than 1/2.

We love Pop Century, it is our go to Value Resort.

Here are my reasons off the top of my head to keep the current booking.
1) Location.
I don't know for sure when you're traveling (I didn't go back and look), but if your plans are to hit DHS and / or Epcot multiple times, then Swan /Dolphin gives you the flexibility to walk to both parks.
2) Is there any cancellation fees?
3) Are you sure the Pop Century room is available? I saw a discount available for Pop rooms in October, but when I tried to select it, the rooms left were booked.
4) Walt Disney World vacations are a treat, for most of us. If you can afford to treat yourself, then honestly, I'd stay at the slightly nicer, slightly more convenient resort.

Reasons 2, 3, and 4 are admittedly reaching for straws. Mostly, I just wanted to point out that Swan is a great location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter