DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Is this a permanent change?
It could be. The missus is Deputy Queen of the world, or something like that. In London a Nanny is ridiculous wages, about £35k,which meant a very large portion of my pay would be to fund that, as there is no tax break, so that comes out of our net pay. So it was a bit of a no brainer to take a step back and let DW not worry about one of the kids being sick or being called home. She in all honesty could be on the board of a big company (she's only 38 and is one job below). If it's my job to help her get there, that's the best thing to do for our family, we are a team. I'm gonna do some consulting in March/April time, but for now I'm hopefully gonna just enjoy the kids for a little bit. Still freaks me out a bit though mate. I've been working since I was 13.

It could be. The missus is Deputy Queen of the world, or something like that. In London a Nanny is ridiculous wages, about £35k,which meant a very large portion of my pay would be to fund that, as there is no tax break, so that comes out of our net pay. So it was a bit of a no brainer to take a step back and let DW not worry about one of the kids being sick or being called home. She in all honesty could be on the board of a big company (she's only 38 and is one job below). If it's my job to help her get there, that's the best thing to do for our family, we are a team. I'm gonna do some consulting in March/April time, but for now I'm hopefully gonna just enjoy the kids for a little bit. Still freaks me out a bit though mate. I've been working since I was 13.

I did think about that at one time but then I found my current job and was happy working again. Good luck to you and to the DW is her move up the ladder. If you decide to home school you could always take a field trip to the Colonies.

A really long Monday. A week on campus means four long days of driving. But, a warm weather day brings made for some great views.
:goodvibes:goodvibes

I'm not sure what they call 'em in Canada, but here in the US, I believe he's talking about gummie bears. Haribo is one of the main brands that makes gummie bears.

That's for translating British to American.

Morning Men.

It's Monday, I'm tired and I forgot my lunch.

Good start.

Intentionally? Sometimes, i forget my lunch on office pizza buffet days. Then, i have to go out and eat. :lmao:

Sounds about right...

I really don't wan'a be here today.
but it will be a rather short work week for me, so I'm sure I can tough it out.

That makes two of us. Really getting tired and hope Tuesday brings me a lotto win and i don't have to worry about it ever again.

Afternoon. I see a visit to the Burger joint in your very near future?

You got vacation Rob? Or have you been on a stretch?

Yeah, that's close enough. Gummy Bears, Cola Bottles, Fizzy Cherries etc etc. Basically what accompanies Popcorn in UK cinemas.

Afternoon Brethren. 3 days left at work and then the whole Stay at Home dad thing kicks off. Weird times. I may have to give up calling it duties, as I'll be calling it at about 10:45 your time, and any West Coast dads won't even get to work.

I wish i was getting ready for the SAHD. I could be if that $1 quick pick wins me the jackpot. :sad2:

Sadly, i bring home more $ with my two jobs than DW, but she works more hours. If only a chose a degree in a good paying field. :furious:

'Morning all...
Hope each of you are well and thriving.

Keep the Caribbean in mind; especially the regular folk. What they're all dealing with now is bad, and I know people will reach out to help in the immediate (we're all good at that). But what they're going to need in terms of true help is long term support for the rebuilding (which we're generally not quite as good at).

You got vacation Rob? Or have you been on a stretch?
A spot of vacation this time around. The Missus has three days left than need to be used or lost and we have a place where we can stay on the coast this week, so heading out is a no brainier. We'll pack up a bit, head down there tonight and pick us up a nice little medium sized holiday for not too many dollars. I much prefer my beach-chair office life over my regular hamster-farm office life.

Going to be a brave new world for you.
With a whole different perspective on things I'll be interested in hearing about the day to day.
I wish you well on the new profession.

A really long Monday. A week on campus means four long days of driving. But, a warm weather day brings made for some great views.
:goodvibes:goodvibes
Shame about the driving...
But enjoy the view.

Nope I brought the bag and the utensils but not the food.
That's a rather unique mix up...
I'd say that either your weren't quite awake, or you really had your routine out of whack that morning.

Happy birthday Darcy!!!:cake::cheer2::cheer2:party:
Congrats of being a day older!
May there be many, many more to be celebrated.

Been a bit here and if I missed items of significance congrats, prayers, beer and bacon. Dealing with some medical stuff that took me out of commission second half of last week and into Saturday. Got checked out cause I figured I had kidney stone issues again which I do as they have returned in both kidneys. Kicker was in addition, doc identified that abdomen pain was not from the stones but from diverticulitis. Mostly better know but have follow-up with regular doc tomorrow morning.

Bit random, but how about those Cubs - nothing better than sweeping the Cardinals and has anyone noticed the NHL is back it.
Happy Thursday. 23 days for Fall Break. I can smell the ocean now.
Enjoy the countdown
hello all.
April trip booked. thats is all . carry on
Nice, Congrats! Goin a bit stir crazy waiting to book our July trip
GO GATORS!

That is all.
Well done and congrats. Not a UT fan and do get a kick out of seeing the fans here and their over rated opinions and team crash like that. The guy just can't coach.
What a terrific, relaxing day. Cut the grass and then pizza and Abt 12 for dinner. Time for Lamar Jackson and the UL Cards. Hope he can do another amazing game.
Sorry there Norm
Had bacon and eggs for breakfast today. First time in over a week I had that delicious combo. Today will be more recovering from my body's side effects of last weeks events. Still overcoming dehydration and muscle soreness. Dolphins play this afternoon so I'll watch that for a bit and do a couple of little things around the house.

This is my back yard at the moment. The limbs are from the ficus tree, a notoriously bad tree to have around your house. My fence butts up against and unbelievably, not 1 plank from the fence was damaged. Even those with large branches on top of them. It is pretty much the same scene on the patio deck.

Nephews are going to come down next week to help out. This week I will be chopping up the other tree that fell onto the deck.
Good to see getting back to normal, at least somewhat, and that you have some help with clean up coming down. Keep checking in so we know how you are doing.
Afternoon Brethren. 3 days left at work and then the whole Stay at Home dad thing kicks off. Weird times. I may have to give up calling it duties, as I'll be calling it at about 10:45 your time, and any West Coast dads won't even get to work.
Find a way to continue to "call it" you will.
Pretty cool what you are doing and should be proud of the fact that you and Mrs are doing what is best or the family. CHeers to you!
Happy birthday Darcy!!!:cake::cheer2::cheer2:party:
Happy Birthday Darcy - have a great day!
Keep the Caribbean in mind; especially the regular folk. What they're all dealing with now is bad, and I know people will reach out to help in the immediate (we're all good at that). But what they're going to need in terms of true help is long term support for the rebuilding (which we're generally not quite as good at).

A spot of vacation this time around. The Missus has three days left than need to be used or lost and we have a place where we can stay on the coast this week, so heading out is a no brainier. We'll pack up a bit, head down there tonight and pick us up a nice little medium sized holiday for not too many dollars. I much prefer my beach-chair office life over my regular hamster-farm office life.
Definitely heartbreaking to see the results in the Caribbean. Been to BVI and US VI on DCL a few times and it's tough to see areas we have been at and the people we have met there having to deal with this.

Enjoy your vacation time.

Hey guys. Still in recovery mode. This last week kicked my butt and looking back, I was severely dehydrated. It was too the point that I think I was hallucinating a bit. Not sure if some of the scenes I experienced were real or a bit cloudy. Happy to say the body is rehydrated and I slept a lot. Feel much better. One funny thing that happened is my daughter called the cops on me. It was Monday night. We had no power and Internet obviously but there was also no cell service. Couldn't reach out to her so she called the police asking them to check and see if I was dead. I was sitting in the car because the house was so hot and a policeman walks up. They called her back to let her know. She then posted on my FB letting everyone else know.

A spot of vacation this time around. The Missus has three days left than need to be used or lost and we have a place where we can stay on the coast this week, so heading out is a no brainier.

Very cool. Enjoy the time on the coast.

Dealing with some medical stuff that took me out of commission second half of last week and into Saturday.

Sorry to hear. Hope you are bouncing back.

Well done and congrats. Not a UT fan and do get a kick out of seeing the fans here and their over rated opinions and team crash like that. The guy just can't coach.

Don't care for UT and their fans so it was nice to beat them again. Not really sure about Florida though.

Happy Tuesday. Rained hard last night and lightening knocked out the power at the house. Still raining this morning so hard that the car starting losing grip on the Interstate at 70 mph. Made it to campus and it is now all clear. Not sure where that storm came from, but it can never return.

Nope I brought the bag and the utensils but not the food.

I do that too on pizza buffet day. Any excuse..... :lmao:

'Morning all...
Hope each of you are well and thriving.

Going to be a brave new world for you.
With a whole different perspective on things I'll be interested in hearing about the day to day.

Shame about the driving...
But enjoy the view.

That's a rather unique mix up...
I'd say that either your weren't quite awake, or you really had your routine out of whack that morning.

Congrats of being a day older!
May there be many, many more to be celebrated.

Enjoy the beach time.

Been a bit here and if I missed items of significance congrats, prayers, beer and bacon. Dealing with some medical stuff that took me out of commission second half of last week and into Saturday. Got checked out cause I figured I had kidney stone issues again which I do as they have returned in both kidneys. Kicker was in addition, doc identified that abdomen pain was not from the stones but from diverticulitis. Mostly better know but have follow-up with regular doc tomorrow morning.

Bit random, but how about those Cubs - nothing better than sweeping the Cardinals and has anyone noticed the NHL is back it.

Enjoy the countdown

Nice, Congrats! Goin a bit stir crazy waiting to book our July trip

Sorry there Norm

Good to see getting back to normal, at least somewhat, and that you have some help with clean up coming down. Keep checking in so we know how you are doing.

Pretty cool what you are doing and should be proud of the fact that you and Mrs are doing what is best or the family. CHeers to you!

Happy Birthday Darcy - have a great day!

Definitely heartbreaking to see the results in the Caribbean. Been to BVI and US VI on DCL a few times and it's tough to see areas we have been at and the people we have met there having to deal with this.

Enjoy your vacation time.

Hope you get to feeling better. Take care of yourself.

Hey guys. Still in recovery mode. This last week kicked my butt and looking back, I was severely dehydrated. It was too the point that I think I was hallucinating a bit. Not sure if some of the scenes I experienced were real or a bit cloudy. Happy to say the body is rehydrated and I slept a lot. Feel much better. One funny thing that happened is my daughter called the cops on me. It was Monday night. We had no power and Internet obviously but there was also no cell service. Couldn't reach out to her so she called the police asking them to check and see if I was dead. I was sitting in the car because the house was so hot and a policeman walks up. They called her back to let her know. She then posted on my FB letting everyone else know.

Very cool. Enjoy the time on the coast.

Don't care for UT and their fans so it was nice to beat them again. Not really sure about Florida though.

Glad your back at no longer hallucinating. If those voices told you to keep up the camper hookups for me, then go ahead and do that. :lmao:

Not random for me. Was pleased about sweep, but also VERY VERY disappointed they gave Brewers home field advantage against Marlins instead of using a neutral park. Also limited ticket sales, which limited money going for hurricane relief. Very poorly handled IMHO.

Thanks
Happy Tuesday. Rained hard last night and lightening knocked out the power at the house. Still raining this morning so hard that the car starting losing grip on the Interstate at 70 mph. Made it to campus and it is now all clear. Not sure where that storm came from, but it can never return.

Hope you get to feeling better. Take care of yourself.
Thanks and looks like we are having some of that weather today. No power issues as everything has been in short bursts.
Not random for me. Was pleased about sweep, but also VERY VERY disappointed they gave Brewers home field advantage against Marlins instead of using a neutral park. Also limited ticket sales, which limited money going for hurricane relief. Very poorly handled IMHO.
Agree - I get the Marlins could not host in Miami but go to a neutral field and drive up the relief donations.

I do that too on pizza buffet day. Any excuse..... :lmao:
Utensils? With Pizza? I'm reaching in my pocket for the Yellow Card...:teeth:
Feel much better.
Good man. good to hear.
I wish i was getting ready for the SAHD
Good luck to you and to the DW is her move up the ladder.
Pretty cool what you are doing and should be proud of the fact that you and Mrs are doing what is best or the family.
Cheers boys. I may start a diary in the trip reports section.
We'll pack up a bit, head down there tonight and pick us up a nice little medium sized holiday for not too many dollars.
Rob for the win! Enjoy that mate, sounds like a cheeky sweet deal.
Dealing with some medical stuff that took me out of commission second half of last week and into Saturday. Got checked out cause I figured I had kidney stone issues again which I do as they have returned in both kidneys. Kicker was in addition, doc identified that abdomen pain was not from the stones but from diverticulitis.
Look after yourself mate, watch Disney on You tube to make yourself feel better.
but how about those Cubs - nothing better than sweeping the Cardinals
Oh yes. Go Cubbies.
Understood. Sorry.
Really getting tired and hope Tuesday brings me a lotto win
Fingers crossed. Remember your mates.

Evening boys from a still Autumnal London. Youngest DD first day of school tomorrow. Heaven help them. Darcy, have a great birthday mate, I'll have a beer for ya this side of the water. Oh sod it, I'll have a Bourbon.

Wow Cj, that's a bit scary. Glad to see that you are OK.

Thanks and looks like we are having some of that weather today. No power issues as everything has been in short bursts.

Apparently, we either lost the modem or there is a short in the cable line that runs to the house. DW ges to deal with cable company tomorrow while I'm on campus.

Utensils? With Pizza? I'm reaching in my pocket for the Yellow Card...:teeth:

Evening boys from a still Autumnal London. Youngest DD first day of school tomorrow. Heaven help them. Darcy, have a great birthday mate, I'll have a beer for ya this side of the water. Oh sod it, I'll have a Bourbon.

No. You read that wrong. I'd be willing to bring an empty lunch box, lunch box with just utensils, lunch box with whatever, to leave it at the office and have an excuse to go out to a pizza buffet. I never eat pizza with utensils - that's just for crazy people - and kids with braces.

Apparently, we either lost the modem or there is a short in the cable line that runs to the house. DW ges to deal with cable company tomorrow while I'm on campus.

No. You read that wrong. I'd be willing to bring an empty lunch box, lunch box with just utensils, lunch box with whatever, to leave it at the office and have an excuse to go out to a pizza buffet. I never eat pizza with utensils - that's just for crazy people - and kids with braces.
Fair enough, just making sure, we have to have at least some moral compass round here. Apologies for doubting you. Pizza buffet sounds like two of the best words in the language made a wonderful baby word...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter