DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning guys from a chilly and overcast London. Way too little sleep this weekend on what has got to be one of the best playoff rounds in history.

Good Zoom last night, lots of guys and another great learning opportunity.
I certainly feel more informed about certain parts of the US.... I just don't want to see them
Imagine that...
Actual snow in South Carolina as opposed to just ice and slush.
Be careful out there my friend. Sending a care package right now. It may be in a bottle from Kentucky.
I got him to not issue $250 tickets to myself and my neighbour.
So just a $150 charge to the neighbour then, for services rendered.

Have a great day boys. London out

Hey, guys! Had a good day yesterday. Me, my DD and MiL went to the theater and ushered at the theater. My DD was in her element, she absolutely loved it....so we're going back next weekend to usher again. Otherwise had a good weekend.

Nope. You didn't. Looong story. Upshot is, I got him to not issue $250 tickets to myself and my neighbour.

Ah, ok....well, at least you didn't get a ticket. I mean, that's beer money taken out of your pocket.

Pretty much the only ones I've got anything good to say about.

:thumbsup2

Imagine that...
Actual snow in South Carolina as opposed to just ice and slush.
Granted it was less then an inch of it:
That's more than we've had. Got a little dusting yesterday morning but it looked more like the picture from NC that pkondz posted. We've had plenty of the temps in the teens-20's, just not the fluffy stuff.
Between back-breaking work and arguing with a constable to calming a furious neighbour (not furious at me, though) to packing 3 days worth of chores into one...
This just sounds like all kinds of fun. Looks like there could be a couple of interesting stories in there. :rolleyes1
Well that would explain why I saw this:
Accurate. Once you get south of the Ohio river, I think they own like 1 snow plow per state, if that many.
I wound up getting the iPhone 13 and not the 13 Pro Max. Wasn't sure on the price of the 13 Pro Max and didn't want to tempt myself, so just looked at the 13. I did, however, get the phone with 256 gig of storage space. Will I use it all? Don't know, but I do know I can re-download some of my movies and TV shows I like watching and not have to worry about storage space for a while.
Probably a good call. I have a 12 Pro Max, but I have fat fingers and do not like using small screens, plus I transitioned to iphone from a Galaxy Note so the Pro Max was about the same size. Love the phone, but hate paying for it! I'm sure you'll enjoy your iphone 13.

After a weekend of NFL playoff football, I have 2 key takeaways.

1. The overtime rules need to change. I'm not a fan of the Chiefs or the Bills, but I didn't like it when the Chiefs lost to the Pats a few years ago and I didn't like it last night. I realize there's the concept of "the defense should stop them" if you want to get the ball, but especially in a game like that when both defenses were absolutely gassed, it literally came down to the coin toss. Not necessarily saying it should be the same thing, but the NCAA overtime system is soooo much better than NFL.

2. I think I'm more excited for the Super Bowl halftime show than I've been for a long time.

It seems like this might take more than 1 beer. That's fine. I'll be glad to buy.

You're on! Hope we figure that out someday.

Really? This is one that I would have expected.
Now if you'd thrown in "Driven by a monkey wearing a tutu"...

Thus proving the truism that we state workers can never please anybody.

And of course, it also lasted about as long as snowballs do around these parts.
(that being a sum total of about four hours once the sun showed up)

I'd be ok with that, honestly.

I have had... a day.
Between back-breaking work and arguing with a constable to calming a furious neighbour (not furious at me, though) to packing 3 days worth of chores into one...

Yeah... it's been a day...

Wow. Sounds like we have some stories to swap now.

Nope. You didn't. Looong story. Upshot is, I got him to not issue $250 tickets to myself and my neighbour.

All's well that ends well!

That's likely an image from last week.
What we had then was ice, which does tend to stick to the secondary roads.
A school bus on ice is generally a recipe for a bad situation.

It doesn't make a ton of sense for those states to spend a lot of resources on snow removal, though. I get that side of things.

Way too little sleep this weekend on what has got to be one of the best playoff rounds in history.

That was just amazing. Every game was better than the last.

Probably a good call. I have a 12 Pro Max, but I have fat fingers and do not like using small screens,

BXculuPCIAACaP8.jpg

1. The overtime rules need to change. I'm not a fan of the Chiefs or the Bills, but I didn't like it when the Chiefs lost to the Pats a few years ago and I didn't like it last night. I realize there's the concept of "the defense should stop them" if you want to get the ball, but especially in a game like that when both defenses were absolutely gassed, it literally came down to the coin toss. Not necessarily saying it should be the same thing, but the NCAA overtime system is soooo much better than NFL.

Yeah, I agree. It just didn't seem fair that Buffalo didn't get a chance in OT. It didn't seem fair for the Chiefs a few years ago, either.

I think I'm more excited for the Super Bowl halftime show than I've been for a long time.

Why is that? I haven't paid any attention--never do.

Morning Gents. Another cold one here.

Just spending the day dreaming about vacations, their not my vacations but fun nonetheless.

I certainly feel more informed about certain parts of the US.... I just don't want to see them

I haven't laughed like that in a long time.

After a weekend of NFL playoff football, I have 2 key takeaways.

2. I think I'm more excited for the Super Bowl halftime show than I've been for a long time.

The OT rules are terrible. They need to use the college rules or the CFL rules.

CFL rules have teams start on the other teams 35 and they run a regular series. If they score a TD, they have to go for 2. Each team gets an equal number of series of plays.

So just a $150 charge to the neighbour then, for services rendered.
Dang. Should have said that.
I'll try it next time I see him.
Ah, ok....well, at least you didn't get a ticket. I mean, that's beer money taken out of your pocket.
And that just won't do.
I'll echo Darcy's comment that they should use CFL rules. Coin toss does not determine winner.
Wow. Sounds like we have some stories to swap now.
::yes::
CFL rules have teams start on the other teams 35 and they run a regular series. If they score a TD, they have to go for 2. Each team gets an equal number of series of plays.
And it keeps going (in the playoffs) until there's a clear winner.

Okay...I saw the coments about super bowl halftime show. I just looked it up and I don't get it....what's the big deal?

Be careful out there my friend. Sending a care package right now. It may be in a bottle from Kentucky.
That would make for one very fine care package.

And an even better incentive to stay in and off the roads.

Accurate. Once you get south of the Ohio river, I think they own like 1 snow plow per state, if that many.
I think it is less.
Pretty sure we end up havin' to borrow one from Tennessee whenever something resembling snow actually makes its way down here.
Which is only about once every three years or so.

I'd be ok with that, honestly.
We're quite happy to be discussing it in the past tense as well.

Okay...I saw the coments about super bowl halftime show. I just looked it up and I don't get it....what's the big deal?
Yeah, not that psyched either.
It just comes down to what kind of music you're into, and for me...

Hip Hop is one of the few genres devised over the past four or five hundred years that I just don't cotton to.

For me personally… nothing. I don’t listen to Dre, Snoop, Blige and hadn’t even heard of Lamar.
Yeah, not that psyched either.
It just comes down to what kind of music you're into, and for me...

Hip Hop is one of the few genres devised over the past four or five hundred years that I just don't cotton to.
Okay....thought maybe I'd missed some news about a great show, but not at all my taste either. Rap isn't music IMHO and hip hop isn't much better. Don't cotton to indeed.

I get it. Overall I don’t like rap or hip hop. I listen to mostly country or rock. But the Super Bowl halftime shows lately have been just absolute crap (in my opinion). I remember The Who performed a few years ago and Prince before that. Those are probably the most recent shows that I kind of looked forward to. But despite my typical lack of love for rap, the late 90’s/ early 2000’s material from Dre, Snoop and Eminem were bumping the sheet metal off of a lot of cars in my high school and college days. So that is why I’m kind of excited about this one. Just kind of the soundtrack of an era, in a sense. Honestly, I’ve heard of Kendrick Lamar, couldn’t tell you a thing about him myself!

That some of us really like the acts and grew up with this music. Plus the fact that the genre is getting representation on one of the most watched events on the decade.
And Rap is music. Just not your music. I don't care for country, deep rock, prog rock, most pop tunes, but it doesn't deny them their place in the musical wheel, IMHO.

I just want to say I don't discriminate. I hate all halftime shows equally.

It does give me time to clean out my smoker so I don't have to do that late at night after the game, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter