DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Would falling leaves be happening then? Leaves and rain are bad news for a bike. As a buddy of mine used to say...slicker than snot on a doorknob.

Brrrr 17C! ;). Actually, on a bike 17 is a bit chilly for me. I never wear shorts on a bike, but definitely not at that temp.
I have a snowsuit you could use Doc :lmao: :lmao:

Less variable than May/June (ocean is warmer in September so not as much effect from onshore wind off cold iceberg water). But still could get almost anything, except you won’t see many days with temps above 20C. Average daytime temperature for September is 17C, cooling towards the end of the month of course.
Okay, that's kinda what I expected. I'll have to look at average rainfall days, though. That might make up my mind more than anything.
Let’s face it. You’re not coming to Newfoundland for the weather.
What????
In September you may be able to wear shorts and a T-shirt but may also need a toque.
Most tourist places don’t close up until early October and crowds will be less.
I'll wear a helmet instead. ;)
Brrrr 17C! ;). Actually, on a bike 17 is a bit chilly for me. I never wear shorts on a bike, but definitely not at that temp.
I ride down to about 2C, although it's not a lot of fun. I've ridden in below freezing, but only because it was forced on me. (Forcast low was 2-3, but by the time I got off work, it dipped to -2.)
I was dressed for it though and just turned the heat up a tick so no big deal. I'm more concerned with freezing precip or ice.
I was inside looking for work and applying to jobs when I heard her crying over something. Turns out she flipped backwards off of her new hammock Nana got her for her half-birthday.
Oh, oh. She okay? If she is then... kinda funny, actually.
Yeah, half-birthday.
:sad2:
I never celebrated a half-birthday when I was a kid....I may have to incorporate that into my life as an adult, though.
:thumbsup2
were going with 4 new appliances. However, we're not going to re-model the entire kitchen
the US Postal Service FINALLY got back to me about my application and has asked for my information so they can do a background check on me and my driving background. So hopefully something will come of that
Sounds promising, at least.
I have a snowsuit you could use Doc :lmao: :lmao:
:lmao:

Oh, oh. She okay? If she is then... kinda funny, actually.

Yeah, she's fine. I didn't laugh, but I did say, "Well now, we know what happens when you swing too far on a hammock, don't we?" When she got that hammock, she spent 4 hours in it. It wasn't until I got home and said it was time for dinner that she came in.

Yeah, she's all about this half-birthday thing, and I mean to the point of being overly giddy. :rolleyes:

:-)

I know.

Sounds promising, at least.

I'm hoping it is, and that's how I'm taking it.

It had been a good 24 hours and then today rolled around.

Yesteray DS passed his MEPS physical and signed a 4 year contract with the USAF. Uploaded his job listing last night and now he his waiting for a match so he can get a date to ship to basic. Hopefully he will have a couple of months to work on getting in shape and putting on weight. Came in a pound under minimum but the Navy MD said close enough by estimating his BMI. It was a good experience for him. I think they had met their quota for disqualifications and worked with him. DS said one was disqualified because he couldn't pee in the cup. I feel bad for that guy because it goes down as a failed drug test.

Then today started...Beverly! I've spent way too much time today trying to make arrangements to get my phone repaired. Somehow the charging port got stretched and putting the charging cord in is like rolling a hot dog down a hallway. Soonest I can get it an appointment at their "Genius Bar" is 10 days so I was going to just send it in for repairs. Should be simple. Phone needs to be erased, but I can't do that because the battery is dead. They said I could erase it from another of their products but I don't have any of their other products. I can't even request a box to send it in without getting a verification code sent to my phone which is dead and which I can't charge to get the verification code. :mad: Just about enough to get me to switch to an Android system to see if they are any better. I'm not a tech guy and have no interest in the specifics behind it. I just want it to work. The only reason I went with Apple initially is because the Ivory Tower tech support said I had to.

Yesteray DS passed his MEPS physical and signed a 4 year contract with the USAF. Uploaded his job listing last night and now he his waiting for a match so he can get a date to ship to basic. Hopefully he will have a couple of months to work on getting in shape and putting on weight. Came in a pound under minimum but the Navy MD said close enough by estimating his BMI. It was a good experience for him. I think they had met their quota for disqualifications and worked with him. DS said one was disqualified because he couldn't pee in the cup. I feel bad for that guy because it goes down as a failed drug test.

Then today started...Beverly! I've spent way too much time today trying to make arrangements to get my phone repaired. Somehow the charging port got stretched and putting the charging cord in is like rolling a hot dog down a hallway. Soonest I can get it an appointment at their "Genius Bar" is 10 days so I was going to just send it in for repairs. Should be simple. Phone needs to be erased, but I can't do that because the battery is dead. They said I could erase it from another of their products but I don't have any of their other products. I can't even request a box to send it in without getting a verification code sent to my phone which is dead and which I can't charge to get the verification code. :mad: Just about enough to get me to switch to an Android system to see if they are any better. I'm not a tech guy and have no interest in the specifics behind it. I just want it to work. The only reason I went with Apple initially is because the Ivory Tower tech support said I had to.

I refuse to join the Apple cult, over priced and there are often better phones out there.

Sucks that you aren't getting the support though.

Congrats to your son. What is he hoping to do in the air force?

praying

Congrats on your son passing MEPS!

Sorry to hear about your phone...that stinks.

I refuse to join the Apple cult, over priced and there are often better phones out there.

Sucks that you aren't getting the support though.

I've been in on it for years now, and if I go to Android I'd lose out on the apps I've paid for.

Yesteray DS passed his MEPS physical and signed a 4 year contract with the USAF.
Congrats to your DS!
DS said one was disqualified because he couldn't pee in the cup.
Had sex beforehand?
Have you considered a wireless charger?
Wireless charger

Congrats to your son. What is he hoping to do in the air force?

He submitted a list of 16 jobs he was willing to do. Heavy on the desk jobs. No desire to fly other than as a means to get somewhere.

Congrats to your DS!
Thanks.

Had sex beforehand?

Shy bladder by the sounds of it. He was there before my son went in and still there 30 minutes later and had consumed large quantities of water in that time.

Have you considered a wireless charger?
Wireless charger

My phone is too old and it won't work with it. I don't chase the newest and only replace as I have to do so.

My phone is too old and it won't work with it. I don't chase the newest and only replace as I have to do so.
how bout now?

Shy bladder by the sounds of it. He was there before my son went in and still there 30 minutes later and had consumed large quantities of water in that time.
Yikes
Like... now?
Whoops! CBO beat me to it.

The only reason I went with Apple initially is because the Ivory Tower tech support said I had to.
While android has its issues (google is just as bad about lack of support and "thou shalt do it our way" as apple), but ultimately for me, I can put an sdcard in it and take it to ANY computer and don't have to have itunes to sync with a computer. Also, google releases don't (that I've noticed) deliberately slow down older phones.

I used to use apple, but had numerous issues with thou shalt do it the apple way turned me away. When they pushed an update to my phone even though I told them.no and essentially made it useless (worked great before), it was the proverbial straw.

Yesteray DS passed his MEPS physical and signed a 4 year contract with the USAF. Uploaded his job listing last night and now he his waiting for a match so he can get a date to ship to basic. Hopefully he will have a couple of months to work on getting in shape and putting on weight.
Sorry...all the talk about phones and I didn't comment on this.

Congrats to your son and props for picking the best branch!

Things have changed since I was in (many moons ago). I had a guaranteed job when I signed up...didn't have to post and wait. Also had an exact date for when I went to basic. I had done delayed enlistment...not sure if they still do that. Essentially, I signed about 10 months before I graduated HS and about 11months before I was due to head to basic.

Hope he gets the job he wants.

Funny (well to me) story. When I went to MEPS, I already knew I wanted to work with computers. The guy there found out (not sure how) I took Spanish in high school. He said, I'm going to send you to take the linguist test. At the time, the cold war was in full swing, so I would have been a Russian linguist. I don't want to. I'm gonna send you anyway. I don't want to. Still, gonna send you. I DELIBERATELY screwed up on the test. When I came back, he said, I thought you'd do better than that. Darn!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter