DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

A visit to the Rock is a must do, very scenic place, I toured it a bike, it was a blast.
We Know Your Zodiac Sign Based On The Things You Like | Dwayne ...

Well Darcy @declansdad Rob @Zmack it looks like we’re bubble buddies on July 3rd. Come on over, I’ll put in the fire and have the beer ready. 😄

Sounds like a plan.

I was speaking with my counterpart at Sport NL this afternoon about return to play stuff and they announced the Atlantic bubble. He thought it was funny that a team could now travel off the Rock to play but a team from Gander couldn't travel to Saint John's to play.

So the meds you gave yourself make you forget the meds you give others?
Huh? What? What were we talking about?

Gotta do the parks commando
Think you've been following Liesa's threads too much.

Well Darcy @declansdad Rob @Zmack it looks like we’re bubble buddies on July 3rd. Come on over, I’ll put in the fire and have the beer ready. 😄
Okay...bubble buddies? Do I want to know?

Doc it was 68 F, that's beach weather

You sit on a throne of lies!

It was not. High 30s or low 40s. F not C.

A visit to the Rock is a must do, very scenic place, I toured it on a bike, it was a blast.
Still planning this on the bike. Either I'll have to plan multiple weeks or rent a bike up there.

If anyone is keeping score, my return to work was delayed a couple days, but should still be happening by this weekend. Better late than never I guess.

Because ASMu is in the middle of the three All Stars. If you stay there, you can grab a bus to any of the All Stars and walk. Depending on where your room is and which resort you start from, the walk is only 5-8 minutes. That can be a lot faster than waiting 20 minutes if you've just missed one bus. I would judge the line. If I saw an ASMu bus just pulling away, I'd grab another. Or if the line for ASMu was too long, I could hop in a shorter queue.
Makes sense. I never did that when I stayed at ASMu. I suggested it a couple times but could never convince the wife it would be faster....SWMBO....

Envious. I really want to visit The Rock someday. Not sure if I'll make it, but... sure gonna try.
Would be nice to see you here one day.

Okay...bubble buddies? Do I want to know?
Like Darcy said, but yeah as of July 3rd anyone in the Atlantic provinces can travel without needing to self isolate 14 days once you return home

Morning all. Some terrific EPL matches on TV, and another good one today with Chelsea vs Man City.

Top O the Mornin Dads! DD and SIL coming over tonight for some pizza as DD wants her local fix before they head back home Friday. Probably the last quality time with them tonight so looking forward to that. Looks like I have some Cellulitis / bad skin infection in my upper left arm. Dang thing grew to 4" diameter over the weekend so went and got checked out yesterday and Doc has me on some heavy antibiotics and if it don;t start to clear in 48 hours got to back. No idea how I got it but I got it.

Well with all the WDW aingst, thought I would get us back to some WDW Pick 'ems to hopefully brighten the day
  1. Rain Poncho or Just deal with the rain and get wet?
  2. Gran Fiesta Tour / 3 Caballeros or Frozen Ever After?
  3. Do you call it Disney Springs or still Downtown Disney?
  4. All Star Movies or All Star Sports Resort?
  5. 7DMT or Slinky Dog Dash?
Hope all are staying safe and keeping healthy - cheers gents!

Hope the antibiotics work quickly. That doesn't sound fun.

For your list:
Poncho - I'm too pretty for the rain
Frozen After Ever - Maelstrom is my favorite ride at Epcot now
Both, after I first call it DTD
Movies - Music was where we stayed on Disneymoon
Haven't been on Slinky Dog Dash, but I don't like 7DMT

Morning gents.
Last day of work on this cycle today. So happy Friday!

If anyone is keeping score, my return to work was delayed a couple days, but should still be happening by this weekend. Better late than never I guess.
Wasn't sure when you were starting, but returning a couple days later is better than not know if you're ever returning.
Makes sense. I never did that when I stayed at ASMu. I suggested it a couple times but could never convince the wife it would be faster....SWMBO....
:rolleyes:
Would be nice to see you here one day.
::yes::
Like Darcy said, but yeah as of July 3rd anyone in the Atlantic provinces can travel without needing to self isolate 14 days once you return home
We don't have bubbles, but we can have travel from Western Provinces or NW Ontario without the quarantine now.

What's the weather on the Rock in September like?
Less variable than May/June (ocean is warmer in September so not as much effect from onshore wind off cold iceberg water). But still could get almost anything, except you won’t see many days with temps above 20C. Average daytime temperature for September is 17C, cooling towards the end of the month of course.
Let’s face it. You’re not coming to Newfoundland for the weather. In September you may be able to wear shorts and a T-shirt but may also need a toque.
Most tourist places don’t close up until early October and crowds will be less.

Hmmm... Maybe September? To avoid the summer "crowds".
What's the weather on the Rock in September like?
Would falling leaves be happening then? Leaves and rain are bad news for a bike. As a buddy of mine used to say...slicker than snot on a doorknob.

Less variable than May/June (ocean is warmer in September so not as much effect from onshore wind off cold iceberg water). But still could get almost anything, except you won’t see many days with temps above 20C. Average daytime temperature for September is 17C, cooling towards the end of the month of course.
Let’s face it. You’re not coming to Newfoundland for the weather. In September you may be able to wear shorts and a T-shirt but may also need a toque.
Most tourist places don’t close up until early October and crowds will be less.
Brrrr 17C! ;). Actually, on a bike 17 is a bit chilly for me. I never wear shorts on a bike, but definitely not at that temp.

Morning Gents.

Another warm one here but we are starting to cool off a bit. Quiet day at the office today so I'm trying to plan a second quick trip for the summer. Looking at 3 or 4 days in PEI just before school starts for DW on Aug 31st.

Hope you all had a great Hump Day!

Morning from a wet and warm Westfield NB. We got some much need rain overnight. Have a happy Friday eve day

I noticed we had some as well. Not sure how much but it was enough to stir up the mosquitoes this morning.

Hey, Gents! Hope everyone is doing ok. How was everyone's Father Day? I've read some of the responses, but haven't gotten around to all them yet. I had a pretty good weekend. Took Munchkin, my DD, to the beach Saturday afternoon. I was inside looking for work and applying to jobs when I heard her crying over something. Turns out she flipped backwards off of her new hammock Nana got her for her half-birthday. Yeah, half-birthday. I never celebrated a half-birthday when I was a kid....I may have to incorporate that into my life as an adult, though. 😆 My DW was visibly stressed as she's been with her day and night for weeks now. So it was at that point a trip to the beach was in order. Took her for about 5 hours and had a blast, which gave the DW plenty of time to get stuff done. Father's Day on my end was great! Met the DW at an appliance store after she got done with her church gigs. After a lot of talking, and conversing with my plumber friend, we decided that we were going with 4 new appliances. However, we're not going to re-model the entire kitchen. She doesn't care how it's going to look, so we're going to shift things around and make it work. Ok, fine with me. A friend of ours is going to build the box for the dishwasher, and we're going to try and save some cabinets to use as trim. It won't match exactly, but close enough. Still applying for jobs, and as of right now still nothing...although, the US Postal Service FINALLY got back to me about my application and has asked for my information so they can do a background check on me and my driving background. So hopefully something will come of that. Well, gents. Gotta run. TTFN

Yikes! Good luck, whichever way you decide.

Thanks, the decision has been made and we're going with all new appliances and will make it work without re-modeling. It'll be ok.

Got it. So knee cap her and bribe her. Okay, think I got it.

:thumbsup2

Tough call. Very nice to get offered appliances. But kitchen renovations can get $$$$$ in a hurry. As you say, an oven is a necessity right now. The rest is a “nice to have” when the time is right.

It was a tough call, but we decided all new appliances without re-modeling. We're going to make it work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter