Yes, keep me posted on our girl
I can remember you sharing about her years ago

And do remember the cat avatar you had years back
I learn more each time you explain the pre race set up

Yes, keep me posted on our girl
I can remember you sharing about her years ago

And do remember the cat avatar you had years back
Hope the picture comes up let you know how she goes on sat

Finished 8th about 7 lengths back obv not far enough think Monday was a better trip or a bit further as he has not the speed now but stays at same pace look like he was coming but she said others slowing up a bit looks like he is getting faster but just he keeps going at the same pace

if your daughter says it was a good race for her, and she finished in the top ten, then this is progress and a good thing.

she will continue to improve with each race she rides in!

Thanks Mac , she will it's a long road being an App Jockey you need 95 winners to lose it and usually about 5/6 yeArs it can take. Lots to learn , being a bit to nice when riding but she will get there and just loves her job. That race I think was next available for horse after what happened Monday and wanted her riding plus usually a good experienced horse to get race practice with

well my daughter left her yard 3 weeks ago, brave decision as did not have another job that would take her and get licence transferred. fortunatly 3 days later she had been offered job and would get licence moved to them. she started today and seems pretty happy , a smaller yard and they will get her races although prob not winners for a while but you never know, and at least she will be getting experience and paid for races. the secretary is in Florida at the minute for another 2 weeks, apparently they have sent aanother form to be filled in so she said that would be sorted when she gets back. she now lives in Sproxton village near Melton Mowbary in Leicestershire Lincolnshire border http://www.derekshawracing.com

Thanks for the update on your daughter

She will gain more expensive with the new job it sounds like

Wishing her the best with the opportunity to advance in her career

She will Mac told her when she had hurt her ankle to leave and another girl apprentice left at that time because she was not getting the rides. But better chances here hopefully

Licence eventually came through today,so hopefully rides will come shortly, although not winners but gain experience which is what she needs. Learning more about licence as we are not up on racing. She should have went to PJA when he was not coming up with his promises. Etc but learn as she goes although lack of rides was not the reason she left at the time, so they had to look into it and why it took so long. She was close to coming home so hopefully she can get motivated again now and get back to progressing her career

done her Concussion test last Friday at Newmarket, and Charlotte has a ride on fri in the 5:45 Chelmsford, hope it goes well for her, ran good race last time and is way better in at the weights with the fav. but not sure if trainer is using it to check how she follows instructions during the race if the horse settles. but as long as she enjoys it and comes back safe.

didnt go to plan Mac lol seemed to have been gambled on, but obv race did not go to well, horse came across and her horse stumbled, plus a few came across without checking, the girls incl winner where not happy with the guys riding, apparently everyone was pulled into stewards room, because of the recklessness of some riders, dont know what was said or outcome , but pretty sure they all got a rollicking. watched replay, and it was pretty scarey as they obv all wanted the rail, charlotte had to settle him, but the stumble knocked him out of stride, and coming round the final bend she brought him out as no point in fighting for 4th or 5 th with the barging. but 5 months without a ride is prob like starting all over again, hope she gets a few more quickly,

didnt go to plan Mac lol seemed to have been gambled on, but obv race did not go to well, horse came across and her horse stumbled, plus a few came across without checking, the girls incl winner where not happy with the guys riding, apparently everyone was pulled into stewards room, because of the recklessness of some riders, dont know what was said or outcome , but pretty sure they all got a rollicking. watched replay, and it was pretty scarey as they obv all wanted the rail, charlotte had to settle him, but the stumble knocked him out of stride, and coming round the final bend she brought him out as no point in fighting for 4th or 5 th with the barging. but 5 months without a ride is prob like starting all over again, hope she gets a few more quickly,

What a shame for Charlotte tonight Robert.........she needs a good break.......

She obviously has talent, she’ll do fine! She did well with the circumstances........

Hope you’re all doing ok Robert.........we miss your visits on the Universal boards...........:)

thanks schumgirl, she just needs to get rides now to build confidence and gain experience. hopefully she sticks at it. yeah have not posted much its all changed a lot from i have been, would love to be back, depressing reading everyones reports etc, but i retire next year so might get a cheap trip even for a week .you have plenty planed for next year and are you still away now. hope you have fabulous times,[how could you not] say Hi to Elsa in orchid Court if you see her at breakfast time

thanks schumgirl, she just needs to get rides now to build confidence and gain experience. hopefully she sticks at it. yeah have not posted much its all changed a lot from i have been, would love to be back, depressing reading everyones reports etc, but i retire next year so might get a cheap trip even for a week .you have plenty planed for next year and are you still away now. hope you have fabulous times,[how could you not] say Hi to Elsa in orchid Court if you see her at breakfast time

Would love to see you back at RP...........

Yes, we have a few trips planned for next year......Lol.......DH took very early retirement from his company so we can go anytime.......so taking advantage of that!

We are always Club Level, but we passed through Orchids at breakfast and Elsa is still there........really nice lady........

Back home now and ready for our next trip in March........but, best wishes for Charlotte...and for you and your family too.........:)

Update on Charlotte for those on here. She is home after another trainer failing to fulfill rides promised, they had her looking after mares and foals which she enjoyed but not what she went for. Not sure of her plans think she is going to try and get another trainer, but going to get her driving licence first while she is having a month off. Her Coach said he would have told her to leave earlier but he is not allowed to interfere but now that she confided in him he gave her lots of info and said he could have gave her upto 15 rides, as she is more than capable. So have to wait till she decides, I told her I would prefer if she went back to Kildare as a work rider instead of them using her

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts