• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCL Summer 2017 Megathread - Itineraries are out!

Everyone is excited for the release of Summer 2017.....then in true disboard fashion everyone is going to be outraged at the prices. There will be numerous threads with people "jumping ship again". RCCL released their European cruises for Summer 2017 today. Prices seem high, and since DCL tends to be 50% more than Royal I can only imagine.

Everyone is excited for the release of Summer 2017.....then in true disboard fashion everyone is going to be outraged at the prices. There will be numerous threads with people "jumping ship again". RCCL released their European cruises for Summer 2017 today. Prices seem high, and since DCL tends to be 50% more than Royal I can only imagine.

Oooooh....thanks for letting us know! I want to cruise Disney next summer in Europe but based on this summer's pricing, it would be difficult so I've been waiting on the RCCL release!

I'm waiting for Christmas 2017! Do these normally get released with the regular December dates, or do they come out separately? Also, we cruise in August, so was hoping to book on-board. Is this an option, or not likely? Thanks!

I'm waiting for Christmas 2017! Do these normally get released with the regular December dates, or do they come out separately? Also, we cruise in August, so was hoping to book on-board. Is this an option, or not likely? Thanks!

DCL "normally" releases the holiday dates with the rest of December. Christmas is a popular/expensive time to cruise and the rates go up as the reservations fill up, so I would go ahead and book on opening day if possible. When you get on the ship in August, check the going rates and if you can save $$$ by re-shopping then go ahead and rebook at that time.

DCL "normally" releases the holiday dates with the rest of December. Christmas is a popular/expensive time to cruise and the rates go up as the reservations fill up, so I would go ahead and book on opening day if possible. When you get on the ship in August, check the going rates and if you can save $$$ by re-shopping then go ahead and rebook at that time.

Yes, I know the Christmas one will be expensive, but we are prepared for that, and it is not an issue. I had a feeling it would probably be the case to book the day dates were released. So, let me check I've got this right - we book on release date, pay the deposit, then wait until we cruise in August. Then, get on board and check out what's left (if anything), and if what's on offer is cheaper, make a new booking? Then do we cancel the original and get the deposit back? Thanks :)

Yes, I know the Christmas one will be expensive, but we are prepared for that, and it is not an issue. I had a feeling it would probably be the case to book the day dates were released. So, let me check I've got this right - we book on release date, pay the deposit, then wait until we cruise in August. Then, get on board and check out what's left (if anything), and if what's on offer is cheaper, make a new booking? Then do we cancel the original and get the deposit back? Thanks :)
::yes:: Yes ::yes:: that would be the way to do it.

See if between the onboard discount and the stateroom credit would make the cruise less expensive than the your original booked one. If it is you book the cruise onboard and pay the deposit.

I think that they can cancel your original booking onboard. They might be able to transfer your deposit from the original cruise to this one - which would be an "additional" payment on the newly booked cruise.

Well, to be fair the ones that aren't outraged are just going to book and be happy - usually in their meet thread or elsewhere. No need to come back and commiserate in that event... :duck:

Well, to be fair the ones that aren't outraged are just going to book and be happy - usually in their meet thread or elsewhere. No need to come back and commiserate in that event... :duck:
Maybe these are the people booking for two people and not families. The amount DCL charges for 3rd and 4th passengers in a stateroom is quite a bit higher than any other cruiseline. On the four cruises I have done in the last year there have been a large percentage of people that booked with private discounts such as cast member, and travel industry. I talked to a TA on our last cruise she said DCL is her hardest sell right now. She has only sold 2 DCL cruises in the last year. Ships like the Getaway and Oasis are big sellers. I also talked to a CM that said bookings are down for 2017. I think people on these boards are such rabid fans they forget that 95% of cruisers don't cruise DCL. I think if DCL has huge price hikes again you will see a number of people defecting to other cruiselines.

I am just hoping that the 2017 Transatlantic cruise dates will be available when we cruise this October, because I want to book onboard!

I am just hoping that the 2017 Transatlantic cruise dates will be available when we cruise this October, because I want to book onboard!

The TA dates should be out at the end of this month. My advice would be to book at that time to lock in the lowest rate. Once you are on board in October you can stop by the rebooking desk to see if it would save you any money to re-shop the trip. If it will (if the price has not gone up significantly) the agent will book it for you with the OBB discount. If it would be more expensive to book on board you can just keep your original booking at the lower rate.

I won't make you wait, I booked a b2b on the oasis for October of 2017. i'm jumping ship for a second year in a row. lol. sorry, just had to toss it into the mix.

I hope the dates come out soon for everyone, I know its an exciting time. book as soon as you can for the lowest rates and dcl is a great cruise line to book with. we have had some great sailings with them. :earsgirl::earsboy:

When will the dates come out???? I am so ready to do another DCL cruise and the next best thing is BOOKING AND PLANNING one.

I was in Orlando this weekend and met a family going on the Fantasy this week, so of course I was soooo jealous... Then I went to use the restroom at Animal kingdom Lodge and I swear they use the same type of cleanser as DCL because it brought flashbacks of walking into the bathrooms near O'Gill's pub on the Magic when I opened the door... THEN I saw a DCL bus...

It was too much! So the next day when I took a shower I broke out my "stash" of DCL h2o shampoo. I know this is wierd, please don't judge me, but when I use it and breath in the smell and close my eyes I can "flashback" to being on a cruise. I save it and use it sparingly whenever I need a "fix" -- I really am a Disney cruise addict and I need professional help OR to go on a cruise soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter