DCL Summer 2017 Megathread - Itineraries are out!

That's a small chunk, we're waiting on Oct/Nov 17, so sounds like it'll be a while for us yet!!

Am I right in thinking the cancellation/amendment policies have changed in the last year or so?

I don't anticipate needing to cancel, but if we did need to change our cruise date nearer the time, is there now a fee for this?

I just booked an April 2017 cruise. Assuming nothing changes for later itineraries, I was told the penalties start at 89 days out. No penalty if you cancel at least 90 days out. I was wondering about May sailings myself so thanks to all who responded here.

Am I right in thinking the cancellation/amendment policies have changed in the last year or so?

I don't anticipate needing to cancel, but if we did need to change our cruise date nearer the time, is there now a fee for this?

This link shows the current cancellation policy. As you'll see it varies depending on the length of cruise, type of cabin (concierge or not), time of year, and embarkation/debarkation port.
https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/contracts-terms-safety/terms-conditions/united-states/

Your confirmation that you received when you booked should show the cancellation fee schedule as well.

Edited: I just noticed that you are from the UK - There is a different set of terms and conditions for the UK:https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/contracts-terms-safety/terms-conditions/europe/
I haven't taken the time to compare the cancellation schedule to see if it is different than the one for the US, but thought I'd share that link as well.

Last edited:
Thanks for these T&Cs - scanning through I can't see what the policy is on date changes - any ideas?

i'm curious if the august dates will go to the END of august so we can book our "last week before labor day" cruise since it would spill over into sept....

Thanks for these T&Cs - scanning through I can't see what the policy is on date changes - any ideas?

Good question! If you look right above the cancellation fee schedule in the paragraph titled Cancellations/Refunds it seems that a change in date is considered a cancellation and therefore would be subject to any cancellation fees at the time you changed the date. I have changed the date of a cruise before, but it was always long before any cancellation fees kicked in, so there was no charge. Hopefully someone who has actually done this within the cancellation period will confirm, but that is how I would interpret it. Of course, if you have travel insurance that could cover you depending on why you cancelled or changed your date and the terms of your policy.

Ah yes, I see that statement now.

So, if you're outside of the first figure listed (broadly 95-105 days where you'd start to lose your deposit), e.g. changing or cancelling at say 200 days out, there's no charge / you'd get a full refund?

Ah yes, I see that statement now.

So, if you're outside of the first figure listed (broadly 95-105 days where you'd start to lose your deposit), e.g. changing or cancelling at say 200 days out, there's no charge / you'd get a full refund?
Assuming you are not concierge - yes.

Splendid!

If we did need to tweak dates it would only be because of flight availability, which we'd be firming up at 11 months out, so plenty of time!

From looking at a cruisefish, it appears DCL raised their prices across the board today. If I recall correctly, they raised their prices last year right before they released the new cruise dates. Does anyone else remember it that way? I wonder if this is a sign the dates are coming out very very soon??

From looking at a cruisefish, it appears DCL raised their prices across the board today. If I recall correctly, they raised their prices last year right before they released the new cruise dates. Does anyone else remember it that way? I wonder if this is a sign the dates are coming out very very soon??

I just booked the Feb 11 2017 7-night Fantasy Caribbean last week (5D room) at $3,600. It is now $4000 on the website. So yes, there was a price hike.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter