DCL Has Their Protocol Out!!!

info from DCL website:
Disney Cruise Line Important Travel Information
July 23, 2021

Disney Cruise Line to Resume Bahamian Voyages from Florida on Disney Dream in August
Beginning August 9, the Disney Dream will resume voyages from Florida departing from Port Canaveral. The 3- and 4-night cruises will visit our private island, Disney Castaway Cay, in The Bahamas.
Our focus remains on operating our ships in a responsible way that continues to create magic for all on board. We are resuming sailing in a gradual, phased approach that emphasizes multiple layers of health and safety measures, developed in consideration of guidance from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other medical experts. Learn more about what to expect—including experience updates and details about our multi-layered approach to health and safety.
We continue to prepare the Disney Fantasy and Disney Wonder to welcome Guests once again and look forward to sharing more information soon. As previously shared, Disney Fantasy departures through August 28, 2021, Disney Wonder departures through September 19, 2021 and Disney Magic departures in the United States through November 4, 2021 have been suspended.

yea, but unvax ages 12 and up has to be tested at their expense two times and provide insurance for 12 and up. That’s a big expense. I would’ve preferred the vaccine required.
Cruise insurance isn't THAT expensive. I don't see this as a major way to discourage unvaccinated people.

Let's see how strict they are at enforcing the mask rule. Sad truth is I just don't trust people.

I certainly hope DCL is preparing to talk softly and carry a big stick in enforcing this policy.

I can’t tell you how angry I’d be to be on that cruise, following the rules, and see some jerk walking around proclaiming that he “ain’t gonna pay all this money to have to wear a mask.”

The other part that will hard for us is reserving only one kids club slot a day.

I'm not even sure when we can do that... Hopefully someone on the early August sailings who is also within 30 days can try and let us know

is there a test after reading everything? Still on the virtual queues to get off at castaway. Wonder about those guest who don’t use smartphones.

I certainly hope DCL is preparing to talk softly and carry a big stick in enforcing this policy.

I can’t tell you how angry I’d be to be on that cruise, following the rules, and see some jerk walking around proclaiming that he “ain’t gonna pay all this money to have to wear a mask.”
Exactly!

Reading through the website it looks like everyone needs to be tested for COVID before and at arrival to the ship unless providing proof of vaccination. This is isn’t just for those 12 and older but for those under 12 also. Just at the port those 12 and older will be charged for the testing. 11 and under Disney must be covering the cost.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter