DCL Disney Magic At Sea UK Residents Only Sailing Summer 2021 General Information

Well looking at the ports, London Tilbury and Newcastle, are on the East coast of England, Liverpool is on the West coast and Southampton is on the south coast. So my guess is that some itineraries will be Southampton to and from Newcastle and London Tilbury and then Southampton to and from Liverpool.
I was thinking that they would possibly want a few extensive cleaning days to cover the ‘extended safety and cleaning measures’ , so I wondered whether they would sail in and out of the same ports and then have a day repositioning empty to get the extra cleaning done? Just a thought.

P&O and Princess can survive with the vaccinated older crowd thats thier target market

But for families even parents may have not been offered the second jab by Aug/Sept

So excited about this! I’d love to do a B2B if that’s feasible!

WRT the ports I hope it’s from/to the same port otherwise you then have to travel from one port to another to collect the car or hire cars! In US terms they aren’t far apart but in UK terms they are 😂

Vaccine roll out in the UK seems to go pretty well. I imagine that by summer, a huge part of the guests will be vaccinated.

This description make it sound like there will be no meet and greet, no shows (?) and no port stops.

Last edited:

Vaccine roll out in the UK seems to go pretty well. I imagine that by summer, a huge part of the guests will be vaccinated.

This description make it sound like there will be no meet and greet, no shows (?) and no port stops.
There will definitely be shows, I’ve had an email from Disney cruise line this morning with a picture of the stage and highlighting the ‘Broadway style’ shows.

Yes, this is exactly the predicament DCL faces with the crux of their market being families. I guess I thought the UK requirement for cruising included vaccine-only, but maybe not. AFAIK nobody can vaccinate under 16s anywhere, so I was curious how DCL would manage families as cruising resumes. I hope it works for them!

royal is requiring vaccinations of adults, and those under the vaccination age need a negative PCR test.
we'll be on a royal cruise out of israel in june. Everyone 16 and up vaccinated and younger with negative PCR.

Attachments

• F2EB13EF-96C0-4857-9D10-0C93F0E55837.png
    F2EB13EF-96C0-4857-9D10-0C93F0E55837.png
    151.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 38E1C5E4-565E-4053-BD85-5D1F38BAEEF1.png
    38E1C5E4-565E-4053-BD85-5D1F38BAEEF1.png
    251.8 KB · Views: 54
  • EE56EAF3-E35A-41AF-B65C-D2405029F19B.png
    EE56EAF3-E35A-41AF-B65C-D2405029F19B.png
    257.7 KB · Views: 51

the UK protocol delays the second dose to 3 months (if not longer).
You can still get sick with one dose of pfizer.

i assume all of the crew will be fully vaccinated, otherwise they would have an outbreak among the crew for sure.

the UK protocol delays the second dose to 3 months (if not longer).
You can still get sick with one dose of pfizer.
It’s 12 weeks maximum for our second dose here in England and they are prioritising second doses to make sure that happens in that time frame , so many of us will have had both doses in plenty of time (I have my second dose booked for 1st May and I’m 47 with no health issues), I do think this might cause a possible problem for younger adults as to whether they have had both doses, but we are doing really well so it’s not impossible that people will be fine to travel 👍

Sorry I’m trying to post photos but I’m not very good at it!! Maybe this link will work (it was attached to my email)

thanks for the email screencaps. I wouldnt assume the shows and characters will be the same as before Covid. I think that they are are pre Covid photos that they had on file and many people are missing this part at the bottom of the page.

Upon reopening, certain onboard venues may be limited in capacity and subject to restricted availability or even closure based on guidance from UK government, health authorities and medical experts. Furthermore, certain experiences, services and amenities may be modified, have limited availability or remain closed. Subject to government approval. We will provide more information as it becomes available.

thanks for the email screencaps. I wouldnt assume the shows and characters will be the same as before Covid. I think that they are are pre Covid photos that they had on file and many people are missing this part at the bottom of the page.

Upon reopening, certain onboard venues may be limited in capacity and subject to restricted availability or even closure based on guidance from UK government, health authorities and medical experts. Furthermore, certain experiences, services and amenities may be modified, have limited availability or remain closed. Subject to government approval. We will provide more information as it becomes available.
Yes it’s all wait and see at the moment - exciting that things might be happening though! 👍

If vaccines will be mandatory, then loads will miss out on this too, and how fair is that?
(And not just for doing this. In general.)

The 2-night version sounds amazing to me, but when both me and my partner are last on the list to get a vaccine...

So testing would sound like the "go-to" thing.
And then, which test will be valid, as I've heard loads from people travelling by Euroshuttle or Eurostar, that NHS/antigen tests aren't valid, it must be one you payed for, so another cost to add, so that's another thing they'll have to be very clear about.

If vaccines will be mandatory, then loads will miss out on this too, and how fair is that?
(And not just for doing this. In general.)

The 2-night version sounds amazing to me, but when both me and my partner are last on the list to get a vaccine...

So testing would sound like the "go-to" thing.
And then, which test will be valid, as I've heard loads from people travelling by Euroshuttle or Eurostar, that NHS/antigen tests aren't valid, it must be one you payed for, so another cost to add, so that's another thing they'll have to be very clear about.

from what i understand, the disney cruises aren't going to be vaccine mandatory.
Although, maybe the UK government will require vaccines? Have they said?
the cruises out of israel require vaccines as that was imposed by the government, not by royal caribbean.
i don't know about the P&O cruises in the UK. Do they require vaccines?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter