DCL Disney Magic At Sea UK Residents Only Sailing Summer 2021 General Information

is it a government imposed requirement, or from the cruise lines?
if it's government imposed, then presumably disney would also have to require it.

Both Cunard and P & O websites says the vaccination requirement only applies to the UK residents sailings, not the other cruises which are onsale. This to me says its UK Government, not a Cunard or P & O policy.

Both Cunard and P & O websites says the vaccination requirement only applies to the UK residents sailings, not the other cruises which are onsale. This to me says its UK Government, not a Cunard or P & O policy.
I would agree, although I guess it’s another thing subject to change depending on what the government announce about travel on 5th April perhaps?

It's also interesting to note the UK government is talking about vaccine passports for pubs, but have announced this won't happen until everyone has been offered the vaccine.

I would love to be able to say that I already have the vaccine (34 year old supermarket worker), but I'm not lucky enough for that to have happened. Especially as I've been working with the public the whole time through every lockdown... If I have to miss out because I can't have the vaccine in time, I will be devastated. But obviously that's personally. Love this announcement and really hope I'll be able to sail.

You can still get sick with two doses of Pfizer. The vaccine does not prevent illness or even transmission, but helps to mitigate the illness and the transmission.

there have been numerous studies done in Israel on the population which is 80% fully vaccinated (of those who can be vaccinated).
the definition in Israel of fully vaccinated is 7 days after the second pfizer dose.
The studies have shown that the pfizer vaccine prevents transmission.
Also, one week after the second vaccine, it is 95% effective.
At 2 weeks post vaccine, it is close to 99% effective.

We currently have zero patients in hospital who are fully vaccinated.

Again, when i say 80% vaccinated, that is 80% of the population that can be vaccinated (those 16 and up), have been fully vaccinated.

We also have had a few hundred special cases below the age of 16 who have been vaccinated. All have done well. Here's hoping children can eventually be vaccinated as well.
Pfizer is just beginning to test those age 11 and under. They've completed the test on 12 to15 year olds, but haven't yet released the data.
I'm guessing it won't be long before we're able to vaccinate the 12 to 15 year olds as well.

It's also interesting to note the UK government is talking about vaccine passports for pubs, but have announced this won't happen until everyone has been offered the vaccine.

I would love to be able to say that I already have the vaccine (34 year old supermarket worker), but I'm not lucky enough for that to have happened. Especially as I've been working with the public the whole time through every lockdown... If I have to miss out because I can't have the vaccine in time, I will be devastated. But obviously that's personally. Love this announcement and really hope I'll be able to sail.

we have a green pass for some things. To eat indoors in a restaurant, bars, theaters, hotels, gyms, etc.

We were just on vacation last week. To get into the hotel, we had to show negative PCR tests for the kids, and the green pass for the rest of us.

the introduction of the green pass caused an increase in the number of people who got vaccinated, especially among the 20 to 30 age group.

One of the restaurants we ate at last week, permitted children inside with a negative PCR test, but the other one had all groups with kids under 16 eat outside on the terrace, which was fine.

it would be really nice if we could just keep vaccine talk out of this thread, there is a specific thread here in the cruise section for people to talk about vaccines The Vaccine Discussion Thread :grouphug:

sorry - just curious what's going to be on the Disney Magic.

I can say that i'm terribly jealous of those of you able to go on the Disney Magic, which is my all time favorite Disney ship.

Anyone who has the opportunity to sail on her should grab it if they can!!!

I am so excited for this as I’ve always wanted to go on a Disney cruise but the price point was always a bit too high.

Hopefully doing a mini 2 day sailing will mean I can experience the ship without breaking the bank.

excited for the prices to come out in April and the bookings to open.

I am so excited for this as I’ve always wanted to go on a Disney cruise but the price point was always a bit too high.

Hopefully doing a mini 2 day sailing will mean I can experience the ship without breaking the bank.

excited for the prices to come out in April and the bookings to open.

and you'll end up being so hooked, the second you get off the ship, you'll start saving your pennies to be able to get back onboard!!!!!

and i should warn you....we once went on a 3 night cruise on a disney ship as that was all we had time for and i cried as we left....literally...full out tears streaming down my face crying...

you are going to LOVE the magic!!!

oh...i just realized it's you, Kate!!! gosh i wish we could go with you!!!

and you'll end up being so hooked, the second you get off the ship, you'll start saving your pennies to be able to get back onboard!!!!!

and i should warn you....we once went on a 3 night cruise on a disney ship as that was all we had time for and i cried as we left....literally...full out tears streaming down my face crying...

you are going to LOVE the magic!!!

oh...i just realized it's you, Kate!!! gosh i wish we could go with you!!!

lol well if I could I would sneak you in my suitcase.

thanks for the review sound like I’ll definitely have to do it.

it is nice that the UK is getting this bit of extra Disney Magic and think if the prices are good they will sell out quickly.

too bad we don't live in the UK..
i would do one of these cruises for sure.
we're all going on the royal caribbean odyssey in the summer, but i'd MUCH rather be on the magic!!!
/
You’re getting a brand-spanking-new ship in Israel. I was booked on b2b Odyssey cruises in October, until they were all cancelled in order to sail from Israel this summer - instead of Rome. I was relieved, as we had already decided not to travel internationally in 2021. Enjoy your Odyssey cruise!

You’re getting a brand-spanking-new ship in Israel. I was booked on b2b Odyssey cruises in October, until they were all cancelled in order to sail from Israel this summer - instead of Rome. I was relieved, as we had already decided not to travel internationally in 2021. Enjoy your Odyssey cruise!

it will definitely be cool to be on a brand new ship!
we're thrilled that royal is coming to Israel for the first time....
i was SHOCKED when they announced it...
there was really no way for us to say no...
as they say, it was an offer we couldn't refuse...
getting on a cruise without having to go on an airplane to get there!! Totally amazing!!!

thanks for the email screencaps. I wouldnt assume the shows and characters will be the same as before Covid. I think that they are are pre Covid photos that they had on file and many people are missing this part at the bottom of the page.

Upon reopening, certain onboard venues may be limited in capacity and subject to restricted availability or even closure based on guidance from UK government, health authorities and medical experts. Furthermore, certain experiences, services and amenities may be modified, have limited availability or remain closed. Subject to government approval. We will provide more information as it becomes available.
True. However the email and promotional material was created specifically to target the UK staycations so I’d be highly surprised if they highlighted activities that they do not expect to be available. It would seem they at least plan to have shows and character meets, though maybe in a modified version from the usual.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter