DCL Disney Magic At Sea UK Residents Only Sailing Summer 2021 General Information

If DCL only sells verandah cabins then the pic below will not be relevant to these cruises but wanted to compare with the above pics of the Deck 2 oceanview cabins that show 1 large porthole.

Deck 1 oceanview cabins on the Magic/Wonder have 2 smaller portholes.

View attachment 568538
Oooo! It looks like these portholes open? Is that so? This could be a solution for my claustrophobic offspring as I'm not currently sure if I can afford a verandah but access to fresh air could be a game changer for us! Thanks for posting the pics 😁

I’m a first timer and have chosen to use a Dreams agent. She already has my requests but I’m questioning my choice.
I‘ve requested a veranda room but not a solid white wall or navigator veranda, I want to be able see the horizon when I’m sitting down.
I‘m now wondering if an ocean view cabin would suit me? Are all the ocean view cabin portholes large and at a good height or could I end up with an obstructed view? My parents took a cruise once (not DCL) in a porthole cabin but had to stand on a chair to see anything as it was so high, they’ve paid for a veranda ever since!
I definitely want midship as motion sickness is a big concern for me and I know that lower in the ship will have less motion which his why I’m now considering the ocean view staterooms.
I’m also concerned that the veranda cabins are likely to be the most popular and want to be prepared in case they’re sold out.
TIA

I did a Transatlantic crossing in a porthole room on Deck 12, midship. It’s location is basically the fulcrum in a rocker. And I enjoyed the close view of the water. Not everyone‘s cup of tea, though (no one category is).

Verandah? It has to be warm enough (or Alaska) for me to utilize the balcony enough to warrant the difference in price. On many cruises, it is significantly more expensive when moving from ocean view to verandah. Sometimes the difference would pay for another cruise.

My opposition to verandahs probably started in the days when you could smoke on your balcony. Which was like having smoking on balcony. I couldn’t even enjoy an open sliding door. Smoking rules have changed, but Deck 8 balconies on the ?Starboard side are just below smoking sections by the adult pool.

A balcony is great for those who like to go out and see the sunrise (4:30 in U.K. summer?), having their morning coffee or in the evening (Night!) for sunset. You could actually be in your cabin for suns

Oooo! It looks like these portholes open? Is that so? This could be a solution for my claustrophobic offspring as I'm not currently sure if I can afford a verandah but access to fresh air could be a game changer for us! Thanks for posting the pics 😁

They do not open. You are so close to the water line. Some yahoo would leave it open and soak their room. I sailed the Panama Canal in a Deck 1 cabin with those tiny portholes. It was nice having some sunlight. I could actually see the walls of the lock as we went through. Prettty fun.

Put this item on your packing list! Clothes Peg

If you do get a cabin with a window or balcony, take a clothes pin / peg that has the spring in it for the curtsins. The curtains are notorious for letting
a line of light come through at sunrise. Which will be about 4:45 am in Liverpool. The light bounces off the water and seems to know how to wake you up.

Put this item on your packing list! Clothes Peg

If you do get a cabin with a window or balcony, take a clothes pin / peg that has the spring in it for the curtains. The curtains are notorious for letting
a line of light come through at sunrise. Which will be about 4:45 am in Liverpool. The light bounces off the water and seems to know how to wake you up.

This is so true! We use one of the hangers from the closet that has the pins on it. Kind of weird looking, but it works!

ETA: We used to only get balcony rooms. Then I discovered that we really weren't in our rooms enough to justify the cost difference except for something like Alaska or Norway where the scenery is The Thing. Now, we mostly do inside cabins, and I love it. So dark and quiet for sleeping, which is basically all we do in the cabin. The magic portholes are super fun, too. Everyone is different, but just my .02.

Portholes do not open. We typically stay midship deck 2 (9B) and the large porthole is perfect for us.

Disney has finally spoken!
https://bit.ly/3muT2mw
Sorry just realised the website hasn't caught up with DCLs Facebook

"
NEW! Disney Magic at Sea sailings go on sale Friday 30 April.

We have now confirmed our itineraries departing on select dates from Liverpool, Southampton, Newcastle and London Tilbury aboard the Disney Magic.

Our new staycation sailings - exclusive to UK residents - invite you to embark on a brand-new magical Disney experience.

To find out more visit https://bit.ly/3muT2mw
#DisneyMagicatSea

Available to UK residents only. Subject to availability and government approval.
Conditions apply."

Last edited:

"

We have now confirmed our itineraries departing on select dates from Liverpool, Southampton, Newcastle and London Tilbury aboard the Disney Magic.

Our new staycation sailings - exclusive to UK residents - invite you to embark on a brand-new magical Disney experience.

#DisneyMagicatSea

Available to UK residents only. Subject to availability and government approval.
Conditions apply."

Links aren't working for me.

"

#DisneyMagicatSea

Conditions apply."

Liverpool sailings between
15th - 30th July 2021
2, 3 and 4 Nights

Southampton sailings between
4th - 30th August 2021
2, 3 and 4 night sailings

Newcastle
3-11 Sept
2 and 3 Night sailings

Tilbury
14th Sept - 1st Oct
2 and 3 Night sailings

For first timers, here’s a little info while you are waiting to book.

All cabins have one (US) queen size bed. (Internet says it is your King + 2” longer). A lot of lines have beds that are two smaller mattresses that can be split in two. Not on Disney. A good quality mattress. I don’t know if it’s hard or soft, I just call it a very comfortable one. It’s like staying at a Hilton or Marriott.

Great linens. Made by Frette.

Other than concierge, the sofa back flips forward to expose a real mattress. Way more comfortable than a pull out sofa bed.

The next bedding in most cabins is an upper pull-down bunk / berth. There’s a ladder stowed in the closet during the day a kid can use to get in the berth. It hold up to about 250# (I won’t try converting lbs to stone).

I can’t address Murphy beds found in family verandahs, as I have not experienced them.

Your room steward will make your bed, flip the sofa to bed position, unlock the upper berth and turn down the beds while you are dining.

The stewards are like ninja. They keep your room clean (they even straighten things left on counters) and tidy morning to night. And they are friendly as you walk down the halls.

Stewards and dining room workers rely on the tips that are automatically Added to your cruise cost (either pre-Cruise or inboard). You have the option to not pay this, but this is what they rely on for earnings. All cruise lines pay next to nothing (some, nothing), expecting the tips to be income. It does provide a great wage for many coming from developing countries. I have talked with my stewards and found that they will go home after working in the cruise industry and be able to purchase a chemist shop to support themselves (and the family they already have).

Cabins (except the very cheapest - Category 11a, one of my favorites) have a split bathroom layout. One room is a toilet + sink. The other has a sink and a shower. The shower has a small bathtub as it’s base. This is a kid-friendly aspect of the ship. Its not big enough for an adult to stretch out legs, but plenty big enough to wrangle your kid.

Why on earth are they sailing from Newcastle in September? All the kids will be in school. I guess they are planning on Tilbury and Newcastle being mostly adults.

"

#DisneyMagicatSea

Conditions apply."

Wow well spotted, its now been deleted. I managed to get one image though

174444997_827927151265477_4948559504290586110_n.jpg

With it being further out, hopefully that means the Castaway club status is respected.

There is hope!

Looking at the release date it could be possible as 30th is a Friday and the previous supposed release was a bit wack as it meant P/G/S all had a whole weekend before it went to General so REALLY wasn't fair

Wow well spotted, its now been deleted. I managed to get one image though

View attachment 568551
Damn it! I should have taken screenshots! Sorry.

I dont know how to get images on here, when I've tried before they haven't worked and I get errors so I just wanted to give the details so wrote them out for everyone.

Hopefully even though its disappeared, this is what they will actually be doing.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter