DCL Disney Magic At Sea UK Residents Only Sailing Summer 2021 General Information

Just read on a Uk newspaper site. That prices for a 3 night cruise start at £1,000
What per night? For two adults?
There stating for 2 adults. So I’m guessing £333 per night in a inside cabin. No thanks

I just did a search, there are multiple news articles from last weekend, 7 days ago with the exact same worded text so it looks like that is copy and pasted from the press release DCL sent to media. There is no info on what category or location of stateroom or which itinerary. Ports also have different fees and tax, so there may be a difference between a 3 night cruise from Southampton and a 3 night cruise from Newcastle. Also with DCL prices change between Platinum advance booking day and General booking day, depending on the demand. As the ship fills up, the price increases. Information in a press release is there for an approx guide and as a marketing and promotion tool and should not be assumed to be the actual cost of a specific cruise.

I’m booking for 2 adults and one child of five and one child of two.
We have had a 7 night Med cancelled last year plus a 6 night Med cruise this year cancelled plus two rooms on a 10 night Northern European cruise this year. If I can get those kiddies on a four night cruise to nowhere then I will, but not at any cost at all.
I think it will come in on budget but if it even exists anymore. I won’t feel confident until the dates are reinstated and I see it there.

Who is he and where do I find this? I’ll try but it might not be straight away but the evening!

If you search for ‘disney cruise line blog’, you’ll find his site. Not sure if I should post it as a link, as it’s not DIS but it’s easy enough to find.

Tons of useful info that you won’t necessarily find on DCL’s site, including past daily schedules (Navigators), restaurant menus and drinks of the day, supplied by other cruisers from their previous trips.

Plus updates on prices provided by people who have called during the pre-release dates, when not available to the general public.

Not a paid promotion...promise 🙂.

Scott's site, not to mention twitter feed is terrific. I plan to book on Gold day, subject to semi-reasonable pricing. I cant imagine there being that many platinum cruisers in the UK to push up the prices ahead of me.

It would be pretty gutting to get as far as the port and fail the covid-test. I wonder if they would do a second if you fail the first, as Ive heard the lateral flow tests can be unreliable.

It would be pretty gutting to get as far as the port and fail the covid-test. I wonder if they would do a second if you fail the first, as Ive heard the lateral flow tests can be unreliable.

I know, I was thinking about this, that if one kid tests positive then thats the family holiday gone. You will get your money back, but thats not the point. You will be feet away from the gangway and just have to go home. :sad:

As sad as this is I’d accept it to potentially keep people safe.
If these cruise dates are still real I’m advocating not telling the kiddies at all because they aren’t the age to understand what’s going on and then keep fingers crossed that we make it and not be turned around. Especially if it’s a false positive.
Not much we can do though. My daughter and I will be fully vaccinated but the kiddies obviously not.
I can completely understand the caution .

I am getting concerned that the dates have all disappeared and there's been no further information because Disney are thinking of pulling out altogether. Given that the state of Florida are suing the CDC over the no sale order they might be able to sail from there instead. There are so many UK domestic lines now for this summer they are worried they won't get enough passengers?

Please tell me I'm wrong!

I am getting concerned that the dates have all disappeared and there's been no further information because Disney are thinking of pulling out altogether. Given that the state of Florida are suing the CDC over the no sale order they might be able to sail from there instead. There are so many UK domestic lines now for this summer they are worried they won't get enough passengers?

Please tell me I'm wrong!

No need for the doom and gloom, the actual pages have not gone from the website and its still over a week to General Booking Day. These cruises are happening in the UK this summer, DCL are just working out the details. Just be patient, The UK Government new regulations start from tomorrow, so most likely DCL are just working out the finer details before Platinum advance booking day on Wednesday.

I'm not in the UK, but I share your concern. Not thinking that ships will instead sail from Florida this summer, but that perhaps the UK is requiring only fully vaccinated cruises and this would prevent/DCL from sailing because their target audience includes more families than other cruise lines.

Are the other UK staycation cruises fully vaccinated only? I'm not up to date on the details of the other lines currently cruising in Europe...

No need for the doom and gloom, the actual pages have not gone from the website and its still over a week to General Booking Day. These cruises are happening in the UK this summer, DCL are just working out the details. Just be patient, The UK Government new regulations start from tomorrow, so most likely DCL are just working out the finer details before Platinum advance booking day on Wednesday.

Good to hear. While just a bystander, I'm quite curious to see how the DCL cruises work out this summer. Good luck!

I'm not in the UK, but I share your concern. Not thinking that ships will instead sail from Florida this summer, but that perhaps the UK is requiring only fully vaccinated cruises and this would prevent/DCL from sailing because their target audience includes more families than other cruise lines.

Are the other UK staycation cruises fully vaccinated only? I'm not up to date on the details of the other lines currently cruising in Europe...

Please read through the updates in the first post of this thread. DCL are not requiring vaccines for these summer cruises, they are requiring Lateral Flow Rapid Tests which will be done at the ports as part of the check in process. People who get a positive Covid test will not be able to board and will have their the cost of their cruise refunded.

Again, please , no doom and gloom, these cruises are happening in the UK this summer.

Please read the first post in this thread to get up to speed on the official updates

Last edited:
So far, MSC is the only cruise line not asking for adults to be fully vaccinated but accepting PCR tests instead.

We should have had our vaccines in time to travel, i’m keeping my fingers crossed the prices aren’t ridiculous. It would be amazing to get a bit of Disney this year.

I hope they dont cheapen the experience for the UK market, as typically UK/European-ers would be less picky etc than US cruisers on Disney.
I don't think they'll "cheapen..for the UK market" but it is important to note that the experience is likely to be different then pre-COVID. I would look towards what is happening at WDW and planned for DL with regards to character experiences, etc. If this is "cheapen" it's due to the virus and not due to the market.

Thank you !!

So, as a UK DVC member who can pre-book from Friday, is it worth speaking to (for example) Dreams Unlimited here to book and get the credit ?

and is there a UK phone number :)
If you want to use points, you'll need to book via DVC. If you are booking cash you may do so with DCL direct or via a travel agent. From Scott's blog:
  • Disney Vacation Club Members: to book with Reservation Points, call Member Services at 0800 783 2893; to make a cash-only booking, call Disney Cruise Line at (866) 325-6348 —or contact your travel agent

We do have a mix.
  • Viking & MSc are not asking for vaccinations just for negative COVID testing
  • Princess is everyone fully vaccinated so therefore excluding Children
  • Most other lines are doing over 18s must be fully vaccinated and then anyone under 18 can do a negative COVID test.
Disney are joining the MSc and Viking cruise lines in their policy which surprises me as I thought they would go with vaccinated adults and then under 18 testing personally.

I think the £1000 quoted by some papers was for 3 nights not 4 so I think 4 night is more likely to be £444 per night. I'm assuming this will be inside room but who knows.

why would the price per night be more on a 4 night? Surely it would be the same or less?

I’ve looked on DCLblog and there is a route shown for each sailing. Does anyone know how accurate these representations are?

I ask because looking at the direction the ship appears to be travelling might influence which side of the ship we might choose in terms of what we might see from the veranda. Looking at the Newcastle sailing the ship appears to travel south along the coast initially meaning that we would probably choose to be on the starboard side.

why would the price per night be more on a 4 night? Surely it would be the same or less?
Cruise prices are not fixed, its not like booking a hotel room or a holiday package. People should not take these so called prices as accurate. Actual prices of a cruise will depend on the amount of adults and the amount of children in a stateroom, the category of stateroom, the route and departure port, the date of the cruise and the demand ie the amount of people booking a particular stateroom category. The prices will increase as the ship fills up, so a quote for a cruise on Monday may be more expensive on Thursday, even if it is the exact same category of room, amount of people and dates.

I’ve looked on DCLblog and there is a route shown for each sailing. Does anyone know how accurate these representations are?

I ask because looking at the direction the ship appears to be travelling might influence which side of the ship we might choose in terms of what we might see from the veranda. Looking at the Newcastle sailing the ship appears to travel south along the coast initially meaning that we would probably choose to be on the starboard side.

This is the page you were looking at Disney Magic At Sea Overview on Disney Cruise Line Blog

I would say they are not accurate, but are a guess and estimate. These routes are new to Disney Cruise Line so until the ship starts sailing, the actual route will not be know. You can follow the Real Time Location of Disney Magic On Cruise Mapper and that way you will be able to see the actual route.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter