DCA rope drop plan on a EMH that we can't go to

anicholson75

Mouseketeer
I know this has probably been asked a thousand times over, but I can't find this specific info on another post.
We will be at DCA on Monday, March 6. It's an EMH, but we're off property. What is the best rope drop strategy, since there will be guests in the park already? We want to do RSR, Toy Story, Soarin, CS, funwheel (all the biggies). Just not sure of the order of ride now/fastpass for later.
TIA!

Since Toy Story and Fun Wheel don't have Fast Passes, I would do those two first. That's what we did on our last trip, and it worked great.
Then get a Fast Pass for Radiator Springs (which will probably have an early to mid-afternoon return time by then), but you will be eligible for another FP 2 hours later.
You'll want to get a Soarin FP before getting a Screamin FP, because the wait-times/FP-return-times for Soarin will be a lot greater than those for Screamin. (Actually you can probably do Screamin standby right after Toy Story and Fun Wheel without much wait.)

Since Toy Story and Fun Wheel don't have Fast Passes, I would do those two first. That's what we did on our last trip, and it worked great.
Then get a Fast Pass for Radiator Springs (which will probably have an early to mid-afternoon return time by then), but you will be eligible for another FP 2 hours later.
You'll want to get a Soarin FP before getting a Screamin FP, because the wait-times/FP-return-times for Soarin will be a lot greater than those for Screamin. (Actually you can probably do Screamin standby right after Toy Story and Fun Wheel without much wait.)

Good advice. Here's what I would do:

* Toy Story Midway Mania
* check the return time and possibly go get RSR FPs at this point (yes, it's out of the way from there but the sooner you get them, the sooner the 2 hr window opens up for you to get your next set of FPs)
* Mickey's Fun Wheel
* CA Screamin
* Soarin FPs as soon as the window opens up

I was there in the fall and did EMH as we stayed on site. We did as many of the major rides as we could before park opening and ended at the pier on TSMM moving on to the funwheel after that. It took longer for that area to fill in as people tend to start at RSR at RD and during EMH. I have also gone without EMH.

Overall this depends in part on which rides are your favorite and if you want to ride things multiple times or not. Since RsR fastpass isn't located next to the ride I would grab that FP first, head to pier to do TSMM, then Cali Screaming, then funwheel and rest of pier area. You then maybe can pull Soaring and do that area before going back to rSR to do that corner. If you want a Fp for RSR for later you can skip it at the start and use the app to track when you should go over and pull a FP. If you want to do RsR more than once then head there at RD, pull a FP right after riding and then head to pier. I would still do TSMM before Cali Screaming because it loads and moves much faster in my experience.

I was there in the fall and did EMH as we stayed on site. We did as many of the major rides as we could before park opening and ended at the pier on TSMM moving on to the funwheel after that. It took longer for that area to fill in as people tend to start at RSR at RD and during EMH. I have also gone without EMH.

Overall this depends in part on which rides are your favorite and if you want to ride things multiple times or not. Since RsR fastpass isn't located next to the ride I would grab that FP first, head to pier to do TSMM, then Cali Screaming, then funwheel and rest of pier area. You then maybe can pull Soaring and do that area before going back to rSR to do that corner. If you want a Fp for RSR for later you can skip it at the start and use the app to track when you should go over and pull a FP. If you want to do RsR more than once then head there at RD, pull a FP right after riding and then head to pier. I would still do TSMM before Cali Screaming because it loads and moves much faster in my experience.

Grab a FP on your way to TSMM. This will start the clock for your next FP option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter