DC/SW/Aquatica Questions

babiipiggiex3

Mouseketeer
Hi guys! This will be our 3rd family trip down to Orlando, Florida this year. We are going to be visiting WDW, US/IOA, and DC/SW/Aquatica. We have been to DC once previously, and SW a few times, but never been to Aquatica as we were just never able to fit that into our trip. However, since we are going for close to 2 weeks, I am excited to say we will be heading there this trip!

Here are some basic infos:-
We will be there from 4/22/17-5/5/17 (the first time it's so long!!!)
There are total 9 of us : 7-adults, 1-3T, and 1-baby
We are most likely doing DC on Sat, 4/29/17.

I have a few questions regarding DC, SW, and Aquatica though and hope to get answers from all you helpful trip planners and vets!
  1. We have no interest in going to BG or doing Dolphin Swin, so we are just getting the basic DC Resort Day just for relaxing. I want to confirm that both SW and Aquatica is included for unlimited 14 days before/after the DC dates?
  2. I've read in some posts that it's possible to upgrade just one ticket to Ultimate Upgrade so that we can get free parking across all 3 parks. I guess I want to confirm that this isn't frowned upon?
  3. There will be no problems at the gate if we were to do SW before DC? We are planning on doing half day at SW on our arrival day.
  4. I see that cabanas at Aquatica is generally recommended on this forum. But if we were to go on a weekday, is it still necessary? We've never been to Orlando during these times so we're pretty unsure about crowd levels.
  5. Add on Cabana questions - if we were to get a cabana (mainly for kids and my parents to rest), do we still need to add everyone in our group if we're not all planning on being at the cabana at the same time? Not trying to cheat the system since I don't mind paying the extra $15-$30 per person, just seeing if it's worth it. Especially if I know there will be people in our group that might not even be at the cabana at all.
  6. Where would you recommended for the cabana?
  7. Any feedback / opinions as to how the weather might be like during this time?
  8. Also any other info you think we might need for this trip?
That's all for now, and absolutely thanks in advance for anyone reading & answering my many questions!

1. You do, it's the value of that ticket.

2. The parking pass is not part of the ultimate. You have to call and pay for it on the phone, then pick up the pass at DC. If you are going to SW, take the time to stop at DC to get the parking pass before parking at SW,

3. Nope, you can redeem your voucher at SW.

4. I had a cabana at Aquadica for the first time last month. While it was not necessary, it was really nice to have a private place to relax. Plus, it included 12 water bottles in a small refrigerator, locker, and 4 towels. You return the towels, but you can take or drink all 12 bottles. You can also order food, but we never saw the attendant in time to order. The prices seemed to be the same as in the quick serve restaurant. You definitely do not need it. When we go, if we do not have a person who stays to watch stuff, we rent a large locker. We also like to take our own towels, as the park ones are not the nicest.

5. Yes, and each person gets a wristband to identify them as being in a cabana.

6. We had our higher priced cabana near Roa Rapids. We found it easy to access. I know some like it near the wave pools. When we got there, all the cheapest cabanas were sold out. So if you think you really want one, reserve it online or by phone before you get there.

7. I have never been in Orlando at that time. I would assume it would be warm. Check the local weather channels as you get closer to the trip dates. We have gone to Aquadica in December and August and October. The water is heated.

8. Nope. Any questions, this board is great to ask. SW and DC are very close, and Aquadica is just down the road. If you park at SW or Aquadica, save your parking receipt. If you go to the other park the same day, just show your receipt and get the parking without having to show your pass. Have an awesome trip. Love long trips, they give you plenty of time to mix relaxing days and park days.

1. You do, it's the value of that ticket.

2. The parking pass is not part of the ultimate. You have to call and pay for it on the phone, then pick up the pass at DC. If you are going to SW, take the time to stop at DC to get the parking pass before parking at SW,

3. Nope, you can redeem your voucher at SW.

4. I had a cabana at Aquadica for the first time last month. While it was not necessary, it was really nice to have a private place to relax. Plus, it included 12 water bottles in a small refrigerator, locker, and 4 towels. You return the towels, but you can take or drink all 12 bottles. You can also order food, but we never saw the attendant in time to order. The prices seemed to be the same as in the quick serve restaurant. You definitely do not need it. When we go, if we do not have a person who stays to watch stuff, we rent a large locker. We also like to take our own towels, as the park ones are not the nicest.

5. Yes, and each person gets a wristband to identify them as being in a cabana.

6. We had our higher priced cabana near Roa Rapids. We found it easy to access. I know some like it near the wave pools. When we got there, all the cheapest cabanas were sold out. So if you think you really want one, reserve it online or by phone before you get there.

7. I have never been in Orlando at that time. I would assume it would be warm. Check the local weather channels as you get closer to the trip dates. We have gone to Aquadica in December and August and October. The water is heated.

8. Nope. Any questions, this board is great to ask. SW and DC are very close, and Aquadica is just down the road. If you park at SW or Aquadica, save your parking receipt. If you go to the other park the same day, just show your receipt and get the parking without having to show your pass. Have an awesome trip. Love long trips, they give you plenty of time to mix relaxing days and park days.

Wow!! Thank you so much for such a detailed answer! I agree with long trips. We planned this trip for roughly two weeks so that everything can be more spread out and everyone can her relaxing days too.

? Not sure about that.

From DC web site:

"ULTIMATE PACKAGE Add Busch Gardens and free parking at all 3 parks to your Reservation for $25 a guest."

Arrival at SW prior to DC shouldn't be a problem*. You will be issued a 14 day paper pass at the SW gate. Once you get checked in on you DC day you can replace the paper SW pass for the photo id card you will be issued by DC.

*when we went in Nov, SW couldn't issue us our paper passes at the gate. They asked if we had changed our DC date (we didn't). In any event, there was a kiosk inside of the security hold area and a SW rep was able to print out our passes for us.

? Not sure about that.

From DC web site:

"ULTIMATE PACKAGE Add Busch Gardens and free parking at all 3 parks to your Reservation for $25 a guest."

Arrival at SW prior to DC shouldn't be a problem*. You will be issued a 14 day paper pass at the SW gate. Once you get checked in on you DC day you can replace the paper SW pass for the photo id card you will be issued by DC.

*when we went in Nov, SW couldn't issue us our paper passes at the gate. They asked if we had changed our DC date (we didn't). In any event, there was a kiosk inside of the security hold area and a SW rep was able to print out our passes for us.

I thought she meant part of the ultimate. It's not, it's an additional $25, and I was able to add the pass without having the Ultimate package, and just had 14 days of free parking for Aquadica and SW. Thanks for letting us know your about your November visit. We did ours at the end of December.

I did Aquatica with my niece in September. We just did the all day buffet and skipped the Cabana. Honestly for a first trip and with a large group as long as you get there around opening you should be able to find a place to sit. We stored our stuff in a locker and brought towels from our hotel.

Thanks for all the help guys! But unfortunately, a family matter has come up and we will no longer be going to Florida this year. =/
I am in the midst of cancelling all bookings and reservations. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter