Daytona Beach Hotels?

TimNDansMom

DIS Veteran
After we leave WDW we plan to drive up the coast towards Myrtle Beach, before heading back to home. Can anyone recommend a hotel/motel in Daytona that won't break the bank for a night? It doesn't have to be on the beach. We plan to spend our last day at Disney and then head over to Daytona for the night, spend some time looking around the next day before heading north. What is it like around International Speedway Blvd, there seems to be several hotels in that area, I might consider if it's not a "seedy" area. Thanks!

Julie

off-site '86,'87
DXL July 00
DXL November 00 (no kids)
off-site March 01
CSR & ASMu July 01

bump :)

Julie

off-site '86,'87
DXL July 00
off-site March 01
CSR & ASMu July 01

We stayed at the Plaza Resort and Spa(used to be a Holiday Inn) with a good rate out of the Entertainment book.It is still listed so you may be able to get a deal with your Happenings or Disney Club card. This hotel is one of many owned by the same place, I think its called Ocean Resorts. The room we had was ocean front and was huge. There were six of us and there was plenty of room to move around even after we put up an oversized roll-away. They were remodeling when we were there so I guess it could only be nicer now. Huge pool and also a kiddie pool, a spa/beauty shop, nite-club and kids acivities(pay extra). Walking distance to Pier, restuarants, go-carts ect. Also a water park was going in across the street and many more condos and hotels nearby. This hotel is close to Adam's Mark which looked nice but I'm sure is pricey. The beach area was a little ways from the speedway but the area around the speedway wasn't what we were looking for.

Thanks for the info mar3990.

Anyone else stayed in Daytona Beach?

Julie

off-site '86,'87
DXL July 00
off-site March 01
CSR & ASMu July 01

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!