Day of Golf Cart Rental

wareagle57

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if it's possible to show up at any time and rent a golf cart? We wanted to go check out the Christmas lights tonight, but it looks like the reservation line is closed. I hate to drive all the way out there and not be able to get a cart.

Speaking of driving, will they let us park our car if we are renting a cart? Or will we have to take the boat in, and then take a bus to the front of the park?

The cart reservation line closes at 5pm daily, if carts are available you can rent them from the front dest at the Outpost. Most likely for tonight the carts are sold out so I would not count on getting one if you come over to the Fort. If you have a golf cart reservation previous to coming to the Fort you will be able to get in at the main entrance where the guard is, carts are like any other reservation( TE, Hoop, Horseback riding, Segway, Archery etc.) at the Fort as far as being able to get on property with your vehicle.

The cart reservation line closes at 5pm daily, if carts are available you can rent them from the front dest at the Outpost. Most likely for tonight the carts are sold out so I would not count on getting one if you come over to the Fort. If you have a golf cart reservation previous to coming to the Fort you will be able to get in at the main entrance where the guard is, carts are like any other reservation( TE, Hoop, Horseback riding, Segway, Archery etc.) at the Fort as far as being able to get on property with your vehicle.

Thanks. So will I find they are rented out every day? Or does it reset each day and I'll have better luck tomorrow?

Most likely with it being the weekend they will be sold out tomorrow night and maybe Sunday night, probably will have some available Monday. You should call the reservation line when it opens at 9am tomorrow morning and check with them 407-824-2742. Most people coming during any Holiday time reserve them a year in advance, they are very popular at the Fort.

Yes and golf cart reservation calls go to the Bike Barn at the Fort which basically is only open in daylight hours (and the Cast Members are usually busy renting canoes, bikes, etc.) so it's hard to get a golf cart call answered. But just keep trying.

Bama Ed

Yes and golf cart reservation calls go to the Bike Barn at the Fort which basically is only open in daylight hours (and the Cast Members are usually busy renting canoes, bikes, etc.) so it's hard to get a golf cart call answered. But just keep trying.

Bama Ed

Thanks!

I was able to book a cart this afternoon for next Tuesday. We were hoping to go this weekend but unfortunately they are booked up for almost the entire month, and especially on the weekends. I will know for next year to book well in advance.

Thanks!

I was able to book a cart this afternoon for next Tuesday. We were hoping to go this weekend but unfortunately they are booked up for almost the entire month, and especially on the weekends. I will know for next year to book well in advance.

Hey wareagle57!

Today is "next Tuesday". If you happen back by this thread, let us know what you saw or please post some pix in the December trip report so folks can see them.

Also,

giphy.gif

I noticed in your signature under your posts, it says that as of July 2019, you are official Orlando residents now? If you don't mind my asking, where did you come "from" and why did you come "to" Orlando (beside the weather and WDW I mean, duh!).

Now I get why if you couldn't get the weekend (Saturday) you originally wanted, you could still come over on a Tuesday (although it was a weekday but hey - they had carts available).

Bama Ed :santa:

Hey wareagle57!

Today is "next Tuesday". If you happen back by this thread, let us know what you saw or please post some pix in the December trip report so folks can see them.

Also,

giphy.gif

I noticed in your signature under your posts, it says that as of July 2019, you are official Orlando residents now? If you don't mind my asking, where did you come "from" and why did you come "to" Orlando (beside the weather and WDW I mean, duh!).

Now I get why if you couldn't get the weekend (Saturday) you originally wanted, you could still come over on a Tuesday (although it was a weekday but hey - they had carts available).

Bama Ed :santa:

Howdy!

We actually did end up getting a reservation yesterday. There were tons of carts sitting out both before and after we picked up/dropped off despite the sign saying they were booked up, so not sure how true that is for day of rentals. Unfortunately we only got a couple hours of use out of the cart before it started pouring, but thems the breaks. It was so much fun to revisit the fort and drive around while we could. If I had known about the rain I probably would have spent a little less time eating and at the sing-a-long and more time looking at lights, but the campfire was fun too. We never made time to do that last year when we were guests.

We moved here in July. We are both from Huntsville. She lived there here whole life and I am originally from Decatur, but other than my time in Auburn and a few odd moves I've been a N. Alabama native my whole life as well. We moved because we just got married and figured if we don't do it now we might never do it. So while we don't have kids we figured we'd give it a go. It was pretty much to get a fresh start on our own away from family and mainly Disney and the other parks that drew us to Orlando. Plus not TOO far from home. So far we love it. She got a teaching job and I'm part time with a company pack in Huntsville remotely and part time at Disney!

I've been wondering what would happen if I rolled in with my golf cart on a trailer. I'd have reservations at Trails End but wondered if they'd let me in and park in the overflow. We were there with friends from Maryland on the 8th and rented a Disney cart so no problem then but $67 is kind of pricey for a few hours of use. When I say a few hours, we went resort hopping so used the cart to get to the marina. Got back, had dinner then hit the loops for decorations so we made good use. Just seems a waste since we do have our own.

I've been wondering what would happen if I rolled in with my golf cart on a trailer. I'd have reservations at Trails End but wondered if they'd let me in and park in the overflow. We were there with friends from Maryland on the 8th and rented a Disney cart so no problem then but $67 is kind of pricey for a few hours of use. When I say a few hours, we went resort hopping so used the cart to get to the marina. Got back, had dinner then hit the loops for decorations so we made good use. Just seems a waste since we do have our own.
Short answer....... yes, you could do this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter