Day Crowds for OI Meetups?

PrincessWithABlaster

DIS Veteran
I’m planning a trip for the weekend before Thanksgiving. We’ve gone that weekend many times so are familiar with the crowds. This year it happens to be the weekend of an IO Meetup. Are the crowds during the day much heavier during those events? Also do you know if the parks close much earlier those days? Thanks!

I’m planning a trip for the weekend before Thanksgiving. We’ve gone that weekend many times so are familiar with the crowds. This year it happens to be the weekend of an IO Meetup. Are the crowds during the day much heavier during those events? Also do you know if the parks close much earlier those days? Thanks!
Meetup guests can enter the park at 5. In the past they closed to regular day guests at 7 or 8? The OI website says 7 PM closing Friday and 8 PM closing Sat. I think a lot of people just go for the meetup, crowds will start to build after 5.

Per the Meetup page:
Friday, November 18, December 2, and 9: Universal's Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios Florida will close to the public at 7:00 pm.
Saturday, November 19, December 3, and 10: Universal's Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios Florida will close to the public at 8:00 pm.

( @georgina beat me to it!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!