David & Teresa's 2010 trip.

The Pics are great and thank you for the info on the fences!! How was the Yak and Yetti? It is on my list of places to eat!

Loving the TR and pics. Happy Anniversary:goodvibes. Can't wait to see and hear more.

Hey neighbor, im about an hr south of roanoke in Pulaski County. Beautiful pups and Happy Anniversary. Oh yeah, who do i slap in roanoke for closing the disney store. :(

Friday January 29

The first thing I saw this morning was three turkeys wandering through the loop and I managed to get very close to them with out them flying off. What a way to start off the day.

Today was a non park day but we decided to go to Down Town Disney and stimulate the local economy. As this was our first trip there we had to go into each and every store to be sure we did not miss anything. We had lunch at the Earl of Sandwich and it was great. Fast service, good food, and not to bad on price. The Lego shop was on my must see list as I have always been a Lego nut and use to spend hours designing and building my own creations. Well the bug hit again and we came home with two containers full of new pieces. What can I say I am a big kid at heart. But then again this is Disney. Teresa on the other hand headed for Goofy's candy shop and I now have several boxes of orange cream fudge in the fridge that we both will enjoy over the next several months while we wait for our next visit.

When we got back to the outpost the guard squirrel we left watching over our golf cart was still on duty and we made it home to the MH with out incident. We spent the rest of the day in the X-Pens with the pups and just relaxing. While sitting there the tent loop behind us was completely taken over by a girl scoot troop I am so glad there is a canal between us and all the screening girls.

My 22 year old daughter Kelly flew in to Sanford tonight and arrived at our site right after dinner. She will be spending the weekend with us and we are looking forward to going to the parks with her.

Now to answer a few questions. The food at the Yak & Yetti was good but we ate at the counter service not the full restaurant. As to who to slap for closing the Disney store in Roanoke. If I knew I would invite you to join me and we could both slap them.

Now some Pics

Turkeys behind the MH
TurkeybehindMH.jpg

Down Town Disney
DownTownDisney.jpg

Birds outside Rain Forest Cafe
BirdsoutsideRainforestCaf.jpg

Aquarium in Rain Forest Cafe
AquariuminRainTree.jpg

David getting directions from a pirate
MePirate.jpg

Teresa wit the Lego family
TeresawithLegofamily.jpg

David at the Lego wall.
DavidattheLegowall.jpg

Golf cart guard squirrel.
Guardsquirrel.jpg

Tucker's after dinner nap. He had a busy day too.
Tuckersafterdinnernap.jpg

Saturday January 30th

Today's weather was not the greatest and it rained around 2:00 but the fact that my family was once again together at Disney made up for it. We went to the Magic Kingdom for the day and spent the morning going on the rides that Kelly picked out or that Teresa & I missed the other day. We had lunch in Frontier land right beside Country Bear Jamboree. The food there was great. Kelly and I had bar-b-que and Teresa had the Angus cheese burger.

We got through all of the park except for Tomorrow Land before we had to go back to the MH for dinner and to let the pups have some time out of their crates. After dinner we headed back to Magic Kingdom and finished up in tomorrow land.

By the time we got back to the MH we were all tired and just crashed for the night. I think Epcot is on tomorrows list but stay tuned and I will let you know tomorrow night.

Kelly ready to go.
Kellyreadytostarttheday.jpg

Riding the train through the park.
Ridingthetrain.jpg

Tiki Room
TikiRoom.jpg

Tunnel in Pirates of the Caribbean
Insidepirates.jpg

Entrance to Haunted Mansion.
HauntedHouse.jpg

Sorry to hear about the rain but it sounds like you guys had a great time anyway!! Hope tomorrow is FANTASTIC :)

Sunday January 31st

Well we went to Epcot today and had a great time. It got up to 51 degrees today and stayed overcast but no rain:goodvibes. The crowds were a little heavier than yesterday but still very manageable. We got to ride Soarin several times and loved it. We also spent more time at the aquarium and got to watch a dolphin perform for us. It is amazing what they are capable of. Lunch was again at the cafe in the Land and was every bit as good as last time.

Later in the day we went to Down town Disney so Kelly could pick up a few things before flying back to Roanoke VA tomorrow. And we did some last minute shopping as well. By the time we got back to the MH we had new neighbors. All the girls behind us left as well as some of the MH's around us. It is fun to meet new people so often and here their stories.

We are supposed to leave tomorrow :guilty: and I have arranged to give the golf cart back to Kenny of T-Time at noon in the over flow lot. It will take me a couple of days to reach home and I hope the roads are clear. It put down 8 inches of snow over the weekend back home.

Tri Circle D Ranch
TriCircleDRanch.jpg

Waiting at the Outpost bus stop on the way to Epcot.
Outpostbusstop.jpg

Diver in lock out chamber at the aquarium.
Diverinlockoutchamber.jpg

Hot chocolate & caramel apples in Down Town Disney.
Hotchocolateandcaramalapples.jpg

Last bus trip back to the Fort:guilty:
BusstopatDnTownDisney.jpg

Camp sites behind us.
Campsitesbehindus.jpg

I have so looked forward to you post every night!

Great report and pix. :thumbsup2

I am soooo sorry you have to go home. :sad1:

Better make new ressies. :thumbsup2

Monday February 1st

Kelly got up early and left for the airport this morning and Teresa went back to bed while I had my morning cup of coffee and watched MSNBC. We got a late start at breaking camp so I called the front desk to request a late check out and they gave me till 12:45. We got all packed up just before it started to rain so every thing got put up dry.:cheer2: Teresa went to the Meadows Trading Post to get a collector spoon and a couple more stuffed characters (Mickie & Minni) for the MH. Now Goofy and Tigger have some company.

We met Kenny with T-Time in the overflow lot shortly after noon and returned the cart. He has been just great to work with and we will go with him again next year. We got on the road and stopped after about two hours for a late lunch then on to a Cracker Barrel just south of Savannah to spend the night. We should be back in Roanoke Va by Wednesday with stops at Cracker Barrels along the way. Well it is time for this report to come to an end but we are already planning next years visit. I will end with a picture of our camp site as it will be posted at work to remind me of all the good times we had and those to come. Thanks for all who followed this TR and all the comments.
IMG00016-20100123-1625.jpg

Yes you can stay over night at Cracker Barrel. We do it on all our trips. It is quieter than Wall-Mart or Flying J. We can easily go five days self contained so finding a camp ground along the way is not necessary for us.

Really enjoyed your trip report. We were also at Fort Wilderness from Jan. 25 to Feb. 3. in the 1300 loop. We also enjoyed the light crowds. Our next trip is planned for early December which is our favorite time to go because of the Christmas decorations.
Love WDW and college football!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter