David & Teresa's 2010 trip.

k4dcf

Earning My Ears
I plan to do a running trip report in this thread for all to enjoy (I hope).

We are finally here after four days on the road. It all started back in Roanoke Virginia last Wednesday when we left a day early due to incoming bad weather. This put us on the road sooner than planed so I called reservations to try to add an extra day to our resse but no luck so we just spent shorter days driving and spent the nights at Cracker Barrels along the way. When we pulled in to the fort today they put us in the 800 loop but when I got to the site it was to small for our needs. I called the front desk and they moved us to site 536. It is a great site with the creak behind us and plenty of room to build our portable yard for our four fur kids. After we set up we made a trip to trails end and meadows trading post. We will be here till Monday the 1st and plan to spend five days in the parks and the rest of the time exploring the Fort.
IMG00016-20100123-1625.jpg

Awesome!!! So glad to see a new TR to follow along with. :woohoo:

You really lucked out on the site. 500 is a great loop, and that site in particular is nice and roomy. :thumbsup2

Can't wait for your next installment. popcorn::

I'm curious.. how's the weather..what are the temps like? :confused3
Looks like a nice roomy site. :thumbsup2

Looking forward to reading the rest of your report.:surfweb:

Wishing you a magical time!:wizard:

Ok day two.

We just spent the day hanging out at the Fort. The weather was great slightly overcast and maybe got to the upper 70's. We had a couple of showers later in the day but they only lasted a few minutes. As to fishing, no I did not bring any poles with us.

Last year we just walked or rode the buses but this year I rented a golf cart from Kenny at T-Time. He brought it by today and was great to work with. One of the pics below is when I put it to bed for the night but not before Teresa and I did some recon work on where to park at trails end for tomorrows visit to Magic Kingdom via the boat. We had friends over for a late lunch and played a rousing game of Catan and caught up on old times. Also here are pics of Murphy and our X-Pen setup at night. That's all for now as I have to get ready for our first day in the parks tomorrow.
Golfcart.jpg
MurphyWDW2010.jpg
XpenWDW2010.jpg

Glad to hear things are going well so far. Have a great day at the MK tomorrow, and say hello to Snow White for me!

Monday 25JAN10

I woke up to a heavy rain this morning and wondered about our choice of going to Magic Kingdom. Fortunately it cleared up by the time we left and then stayed great all day. We rode the boat over and stopped for the mandatory picture in front of the entrance. We spent the morning just wandering around and catching the rides and shows we were interested in. The crowds were very lite and we never had to wait long for a ride. Had lunch in the park and headed back to the MH for dinner and to let the dogs out. We went back after dark and caught the SpectroMagic parade, a couple of rides we missed, and the fireworks. All in all a great first day in the parks. Below are pics of the campsite right after the rain, Main Street, the castle at night, and JT after a hard day of guarding the MH while we were gone.
Campsiteintherain.jpg
Mainstreet.jpg

Castleatnight.jpg
JTafterahardday.jpg

Loving your report, and have to chuckle because my husband and I are David and Theresa, too (even though I have an H). I was hopeful for a second when I saw the title that I had won a trip to WDW;).

Keep writing!
Terri

Tuesday 26JAN10

Today was special for Teresa and I. As of today we have been married for 29 years and still going strong. We spent the day at the Fort relaxing, looping, walking the pups, and just plane being lazy. For dinner we went to Chef Micky's to celebrate as we are both traditional Disney fans. We got to interact with Micky, Minnie, Donald Duck, Pluto, and my favorite Goofy. The food was good and plentiful. For desert Teresa brought from home an ice cream cake made at Cold Stones Creamery. Tomorrow will be a day at the parks ether Epcot or Animal Kingdom. We will pick in the morning and you will know which one when I post tomorrow night. Now some Pics.

Outpost Check-in
Outpostcheckin.jpg

Cabin loop
Cabinloop.jpg

A couple of pictures of us at the Contempary
TMEsittinginMicky.jpg

TMEwithGoofy.jpg

Murphy and Tucker hanging out with us in the MH
Whippetbookends.jpg

Wednesday January 27th

Wow what a day. When we arrived last Saturday all was going well until Monday when three professional dog handlers moved in right next to us. Between them they had at least twenty dogs. Well after two mornings of being awakened by barking dogs and the ongoing disruption during the day we went to the Outpost this morning to see if any thing could be done. We found out that we were not the only ones having a hard time with the new neighbors and were offered a new site. After looking over several choices we moved into site 1012 which is in a pet overflow loop. It took us about two hours to relocate but we finished up at 12:00 and headed to Epcot for the afternoon.
We started with lunch at Soarin after getting our fast pass for the ride and then wandering around the park and catching a few rides. We mad Soarin our last ride for the day and grabbed the monorail to the Magic Kingdom to do some shopping at the Emporium. While there we caught the "Let's Celebrate" mini parade and ended our day with a boat ride back to the Fort.
At this point I realized that our golf cart was still at the Outpost, :scared1:so after dropping off Teresa at the MH I went and retrieved the golf cart and made my way back to the MH for the night. Tomorrow it is off to the Animal Kingdom and what I hope is a more normal day.

Teresa and David with Daisy.
TMEwithDaisy.jpg

Teresa trading yet another pin with a cast member.
Teresatradingpins.jpg

David on the wall with Nemo
DavidwithNemo.jpg

Sorry to hear bout the pro dog handlers noise.
Isnt it wonderful how , if theres a problem Disney will offer to move the whole loop to a different site, but not do anything about the problem.

Well I hope the rest of ya'llz trip is FANTABULOUS ! :wizard:

Sorry to hear bout the pro dog handlers noise.
Isnt it wonderful how , if theres a problem Disney will offer to move the whole loop to a different site, but not do anything about the problem.

Well I hope the rest of ya'llz trip is FANTABULOUS ! :wizard:

My thoughts exactly!! The whole loop should move but the problem can stay. Unbelievable. :confused3

Once we are all settled in, the last thing we would want to do is have to pack up and move to another site!!

Loving your TR and pictures. Wishe we were there.

Wow it sounds like a busy trip, your dogs are beautiful!!Whay kind of fence do you use when you are traveling?

Thursday January 28

Today was a beautiful day sunny and in the low 70's. We had breakfast in the MH and headed for Animal Kingdom around 12:00. The crowds were lite again today and we just walked on to any rides and shows we were interested in. One of the shows features live birds that fly around the stage and audience and is great. We like the Animal Kingdom due to the awesome foliage and a slower pace to the events. We stopped for lunch at the Yak and Yetti and fed the ducks that appeared out of nowhere. A Black Bird even landed on our table and stole a fry from Teresa's tray. We headed back to the MH around five and spent time outside with the dogs.
To answer the question about my fencing. We use X-Pens from Pet Smart. They are eight 4' X 2' wire panels connected by brackets. We have several sets and join them with snap hooks to form any shape to fit the site we are in.

Now pictures.

The entrance.
AnimalKingdomentrance.jpg

The Tree of Life
AnimalKingdomtree.jpg

Flights of Wonder
AnimalKingdombirds.jpg

Gorilla
AnimalKingdomGorilla.jpg

Tiger
AnimalKingdomTiger.jpg

Yak & Yetti
AnimalKingdomYakYeti.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter