Avg Rate: 280
Rate Type: supersaver
Platinum upgrade to Portofino Suite

Feb 23-26
Royal Pacific
Avg Rate: 241
Rate Type: Supersave
Platinum upgrade to King Suite

(Pirates and Princess party and one night at Animal Kingdom Lodge for Feb. 22, $320 AAA rate standard room)

I have another update! I called asking why I hadn't received a confirmation email for our weekend in May at the Portofino. So while I was on the phone, I asked if anything had come open at the RPR or HRH, well the HRH is still sold out, BUT, there was a standard opening at the RPR :cool1:
So I canceled the Portofino, and booked the RPR. So I saved around $60 a night and got the hotel I wanted (well, 2nd choice, I think the HRH is our fav now, and we'll be staying there in October :) )

So Barb, I'm going to have to wait to be in the "3 way club" ;)

Did you get it for my lower rate or the higher one you had been previously quoted?

The same higher one, $233.10, not sure why, other than my bad luck :confused3

Feb. 19-22
Portofino Bay
Avg Rate: 280
Rate Type: supersaver
Platinum upgrade to Portofino Suite

Feb 23-26
Royal Pacific
Avg Rate: 241
Rate Type: Supersave
Platinum upgrade to King Suite

(Pirates and Princess party and one night at Animal Kingdom Lodge for Feb. 22, $320 AAA rate standard room)

Glad to see you got a res! Why are you switching mid-trip? Change of scenery? Oh, and regarding the AKL (WITH AAA) ..... :eek: :scared: ...forget it...I'll stay at UO :thumbsup2

The same higher one, $233.10, not sure why, other than my bad luck :confused3

Ya know...if you look at when I'm there in June, lpandorf has a cheaper rate for the same dates I do :confused3 When I was on the phone today, I was told I got the AAA rate (& my upgrade, so can't complain over a few $$) ;)

So, I'll help ya row that boat..... :rolleyes1

(but in the grand scheme of things, who cares about a few bux....I'm onsite ON vacation! :banana: )

Glad to see you got a res! Why are you switching mid-trip? Change of scenery? Oh, and regarding the AKL (WITH AAA) ..... :eek: :scared: ...forget it...I'll stay at UO :thumbsup2

We couldn't get a suite for the entire time at any of the three hotels with the Friday night being the problem. So... we decided instead just to stay at Disney cuz we were going to be there that night.

I'll have my son and girlfriend with me for the first part and then they leave and my daughter comes to stay for the second part.

If we could have had a suite for the whole time, we would have just stayed put but since we were going to have to switch anyways, we thought we just do it this way. We can also take advantage of the free disney bus to send the kids back to the airport on the Saturday and my daughter can take the free bus to meet us at the Animal Kingdom lodge on the Friday. It works perfectly.

We couldn't get a suite for the entire time at any of the three hotels with the Friday night being the problem. So... we decided instead just to stay at Disney cuz we were going to be there that night.

I'll have my son and girlfriend with me for the first part and then they leave and my daughter comes to stay for the second part.

If we could have had a suite for the whole time, we would have just stayed put but since we were going to have to switch anyways, we thought we just do it this way. We can also take advantage of the free disney bus to send the kids back to the airport on the Saturday and my daughter can take the free bus to meet us at the Animal Kingdom lodge on the Friday. It works perfectly.

WOW!!!! :eek: I'll say! Sometimes the "chips just fall" in the right direction! Sounds like a wonderful trip! :thumbsup2

Month: January
Date: 2 - 5
Hotel: RPR
Room Type: Standard
Rate: $182.
Rate Type: SuperSaver (need to call to (hopefully) get AAA discount applied)
Loews First Upgrade applied?/LF level: Hopefully at check-in/Blue
username: Lois Denominator

I booked this morning on-line, and still haven't rec'd an e-mail confirmation. Hopefully this is normal.

February
19-25
RPR
Standard
$285/night
Promotion - 2 free 7-day tickets
Loews First Upgrade applied?/LF level No
Famofour

Date: 2-7
Hotel: PBH
Room: Upgraded to Villa Suite, LF Platinum
Rate: $215
Rate Type: Supersaver

Dates: April 28 - May 3
Hotel: HRH
Room: King Suite/upgraded due to Platinum
Rate: $253.80
Rate Type: AAA

C'mon Super Saver rates! Way too expensive for end of April/beginning of May.

Howdy fellow travelers... after changing our plans around to AVOID the first week of June (fair warning that for some reason no one @ US/IOA can explain, PFB is either booked or has no discounts AT ALL :confused3 ) we are now VERY happy to report the following dates / rates for our newly re-arranged trip:

June 9-14 2008
PBH
Deluxe Q
$254
AAA
Yes/Gold
Gopherit

Date: 3-4
Room:Standard
Rate: $159
Rate Type: Supersaver, Florida Resident Rate

We were originally at RPR at $139. I continued to check back until Hard Rock opened up. First stay at Hard Rock. We are all soooo excited!!:cool1:

Dates: Oct 26 - Nov 2
Rate: $251.10 (10/26-10/30) , $264.60 (10/31-11/01)

The first lady I spoke with said that the AAA rates were not uploaded. I had to call back because I lost phone tower, and the second lady I spoke with told me what the AAA rates were! WOOHOO!

Dates: Oct 26 - Nov 2
Rate: $251.10 (10/26-10/30) , $264.60 (10/31-11/01)

The first lady I spoke with said that the AAA rates were not uploaded. I had to call back because I lost phone tower, and the second lady I spoke with told me what the AAA rates were! WOOHOO!

Uggg, sometimes I hate Universal reservations. I just called a day or 2 ago, and they told me that suite upgrades were not available yet. I asked when they would be, and she said she didn't know if they ever would be.

Thanks for posting so I know to call back now. :goodvibes

Dates: Oct 2 - Oct 7
Hotel: RPR
Rate: $171.20 (10/2) , $220.15 (10/3-10/4), $207.40 (10/5-10/6)

average nightly rate is $205.26

Hey Jodie!

Glad you got your AAA discount and suite upgrade! :)

Thanks! I am a little nervous though ... I hope I haven't picked the very first weekend of HHN! I'm hoping that's the second weekend?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter