DAS and park hopping?

leebee

DIS Veteran
I know that if I pre-register for DAS I can get 2 "bonus" ride return times, but what if I am park hopping? Will they reserve a time for the second park, or only the first?

Only the first, I’m afraid but as soon as you tap in at your next park you can reserve your first return time there straight away.

At Disneyland, I can stop at the blue umbrellas and have them book a ride in the other park for me before I hop. This starts the clock while I walk from the one park to the other or shop my way there. Is this not possible at WDW? We do not have many plans to hop, but if we do, I was wondering if I could.

At Disneyland, I can stop at the blue umbrellas and have them book a ride in the other park for me before I hop. ... Is this not possible at WDW?
Folks have reported mixed success in doing this. You definitely cannot do it yourself in the app, but you may be able to get a Return Time in another park by stopping at a blue umbrella. YMMV

At Disneyland, I can stop at the blue umbrellas and have them book a ride in the other park for me before I hop. This starts the clock while I walk from the one park to the other or shop my way there. Is this not possible at WDW? We do not have many plans to hop, but if we do, I was wondering if I could.
I've tried a few times and always told no. They have said that every guest on the DAS must have scanned into the park before the system allows a DAS booked. Even if I had the DAS holder in the park, they couldn't add the guests that were on their way to the park.

Folks have reported mixed success in doing this. You definitely cannot do it yourself in the app, but you may be able to get a Return Time in another park by stopping at a blue umbrella. YMMV

That is kind of what I had seen before. Was just wondering if anyone had tried recently. It is really not a big deal. I think I only have potential hopping planned for 1-2 times in a 12 day trip. We know the huge distances. Was just thinking since we are at Boardwalk that we could get a return time at Epcot in the evening and if we decide to go over there that it would be good to go. But if not, still not a big deal at all.

That is kind of what I had seen before. Was just wondering if anyone had tried recently. It is really not a big deal. I think I only have potential hopping planned for 1-2 times in a 12 day trip. We know the huge distances. Was just thinking since we are at Boardwalk that we could get a return time at Epcot in the evening and if we decide to go over there that it would be good to go. But if not, still not a big deal at all.
I feel like this is a huge abuse of the DAS system - but I'm a huge rule follower, and I know I can't be in a queue at EPCOT when I'm standing in MK. Even getting the DAS from the app, without walking to the attraction seems wrong to me though :rotfl2: And the two pre-selections? :rotfl:I'm just so grateful I was given DAS access these past two years. It made our trip doable, when years before I ended up in the ER halfway through the trip.

I wonder why WDW allows the CMs to have this discretion? I can see it snowballing to the point where someone files a lawsuit because they were told yes one day, and no another.

I feel like this is a huge abuse of the DAS system - but I'm a huge rule follower, and I know I can't be in a queue at EPCOT when I'm standing in MK. Even getting the DAS from the app, without walking to the attraction seems wrong to me though :rotfl2: And the two pre-selections? :rotfl:I'm just so grateful I was given DAS access these past two years. It made our trip doable, when years before I ended up in the ER halfway through the trip.

I wonder why WDW allows the CMs to have this discretion? I can see it snowballing to the point where someone files a lawsuit because they were told yes one day, and no another.

Well, it works at Disneyland. I am a local there and get the return times at the other park all the time. Probably due to the smaller distances between the parks. That is why I asked about it at WDW.

Well, it works at Disneyland. I am a local there and get the return times at the other park all the time. Probably due to the smaller distances between the parks. That is why I asked about it at WDW.
Oh yeah, the walking distance makes sense. It's just me, thinking that the DAS is holding my spot in a queue, so how could I be in the queue for Smuggler's Run in HS if I'm waiting for a bus at MK? No one else can do that unless they have DAS, so it makes me feel uncomfortable. But that's just me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!