Darn FEA messing up plans! WWYD

Help us out here.

• Total voters

texaslady22

Mouseketeer
We're going during F&G. I would absolutely LOVE to drop the kids off at Lilo's Playhouse and snack around the world with my husband for dinner (it's the last day of our DxDP so I'm sure we'll have some snacks to blow).

I would totally take them to Lilo's at 4:30, but we have 5:15 FPs at Frozen Ever After. It's the earliest I could get.

We don't get dates often, but my children have never been on FEA and my daughter is a big A&E fan (but she doesn't know the ride exists).

What would you do?

I guess we COULD take them to Camp Dolphin, also, especially since that's our hotel for the night. They've been to Lilo's Playhouse before and it's convenient on the monorail, but Camp Dolphin might be more convenient, too, since it's our hotel.

Is there a reason you haven't looked at sending them to the Sandcastle Club at Beach Club instead? It seems so much closer than Lilo's and is the same format and programming.

Is there a reason you haven't looked at sending them to the Sandcastle Club at Beach Club instead? It seems so much closer than Lilo's and is the same format and programming.

Oh. No. Would it be closer than Camp Dolphin? I thought the only other one was at Animal Kingdom or something.

Looking now. Thanks!

Why Lilo's if Camp Dolphin is in your hotel, which is essentially next door to Epcot?

When my DGD was 5 we took her to Camp Dolphin so we could have an adult meal at bluezoo. She didn't want to leave!

So, I'd say ride FEA at 5:15 (keep trying for an earlier one though), take the kids to Camp Dolphin and then enjoy your date night!

See! This is why I need you guys.

Question: About how long would it take to get to Sandcastle Club from "Norway" after riding? I just want them to be able to have dinner at 6 if we're doing Sandcastle Club.

Or maybe Camp Dolphin is a better choice. I don't know.

Question: Do all snacks in EPCOT close right at 9, or are some snack carts or restaurants still open after closing as the crowds leave?

This is definitely a YMMV answer, but you asked "What would you do?" so I'll tell you what we would do. Go to F&G with the kids and spend the whole time with them. Give them the rides and experiences they want, which means braving it and going to FEA. Then as soon as you get home book a couple's trip to revisit for a few nights during F&W and string a few date nights together. :)

Also, you can try to keep checking if you can modify your FP+ time. You can take a risk and try to do it one person at a time, which will have a higher probability of success but could also fragment your group. You may be tied to your phone which is less than ideal, but you could have some success. This strategy has worked great for us with other hot FP reservations, but FEA might be pushing the limits. Good luck and have fun whatever you decide!

Depending on how fast you walk it is about about 20 minutes from Norway to the Sandcastle Club as Norway is on the opposite side of the International Gateway exit to BC. However, after dropping the kids off you'll be back in Epcot in less than 10 and can reward yourselves with a snack and a beverage in the U.K. or France, which are right there when you come back in.

All F & G carts close right at 9 when Illuminations begins. Some TS restaurants, with ADR's, may be open after 9

I voted for taking the kids to Frozen, then camp/playhouse after. One other thought...are you going in the park early? If so, maybe do standby at Frozen before the waits get horrific.

Do the rides with the kids in morning, nap in the afternoon, drop them off at Camp Dolphin and go to F&G.

Exactly what I would do.

There is nothing wrong with enjoying time together as a couple without the kids.

What would I do?

I would hit FEA at rope drop, do a few more attractions, take an afternoon break, then drop the kids off so I can enjoy the food and drinks with my S/O.

See! This is why I need you guys.

Question: About how long would it take to get to Sandcastle Club from "Norway" after riding? I just want them to be able to have dinner at 6 if we're doing Sandcastle Club.

Or maybe Camp Dolphin is a better choice. I don't know.

Question: Do all snacks in EPCOT close right at 9, or are some snack carts or restaurants still open after closing as the crowds leave?

Sandcastle Club is much closer to EP. From Norway to Sandcastle Club, it will probably be about 15 minutes, however, you have to order the kids' dinner there earlier than 6 pm (they choose from a menu when they first arrive, but I think the order has to be in by 5 - 5:30 pm). That's going to be a lot of back and forth just to get that FP+ in.

I agree with the others. I would do FEA at rope drop, bring the kids to Sandcastle Club at 4:30 pm (it's much nicer than Camp Dolphin) and then have your date night in EP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter