Danube River Cruise Meets Thread

Salt Mines-

Just peaking in on your thread as I am on this trip next summer and looking forward to hearing how it goes. My family and I went on a salt mine tour three years ago while in Salzburg and I would highly recommend it. It was a lot of fun and very interesting.

Have a wonderful trip!
I am SO glad you enjoyed it and recommend it. I am very much looking forward to the salt mine tour because I went on it as an 8 year old SOOOO many moons ago! I've raved about it to my husband, so it'll be interesting to see it from the eyes of an "old lady"! I have a feeling a bit of that 8 year old will appear.... Disney will appreciate it, I hope! LOL!

I'm assuming you mean Prague is highly recommended, since no-one has actually done the add-on yet. :) I've had many people tell me Prague is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe! I'm really looking forward to it!
Yes, that is what I mean, hearing the same as you!

Go to this link to create a ticker, and then insert the link in your signature:

http://www.distickers.com/ticker/main.php

If you hover over your name in the upper right-hand corner of this DISBoards page, you'll see a menu with a selection for Signature.

Nope. Nothing anywhere saying "signature". I've looked in each section and can't find anything! Can't even change my picture from the symbol. Ugh.

This is all I get: and clicking on each one takes me to a new screen (already filled in info) and there is no signature place anywhere. Oh well.

Last edited:
This is all I get: and clicking on each one takes me to a new screen (already filled in info) and there is no signature place anywhere. Oh well.
  • Show online status
Sorry, I didn't notice how many posts you had. Check again. I think you have to have at least 10 posts to get a Signature, and you have 11 now.

It should show up between Personal Details and Contact Details.

Sayhello

Lookie here! The christening of our ship, the AMAViola in Vilshofen, Germany!!

SOON!!!

So cool to think I'll be there, on that ship, in a month's time! :D

Sayhello

Last edited:
Sorry, I didn't notice how many posts you had. Check again. I think you have to have at least 10 posts to get a Signature, and you have 11 now.

It should show up between Personal Details and Contact Details.

Sayhello
Thank you! Lookie lookie! I did it! :D

Did you do that yourself, or get a professional to do it? VERY nice!!

Sayhello

Thank you. Oh no not me. That is the work of my nail tech. She is a big Disney fan and I always have her do something Disney on my nails before I go on vacations. I asked her if she could pull off the logos and she said she'd give it a shot. I thought they came out pretty cool.

Thank you. Oh no not me. That is the work of my nail tech. She is a big Disney fan and I always have her do something Disney on my nails before I go on vacations. I asked her if she could pull off the logos and she said she'd give it a shot. I thought they came out pretty cool.

The manicure is very nice but I LOVE your ring!

Wow! Fantastic job! (I noticed your beautiful ring, too!)

The manicure is very nice but I LOVE your ring!

Wow! Fantastic job! (I noticed your beautiful ring, too!)

Thank you very much for the nice compliments. Technically I can call it a Disney ring. It was purchased on our Alaska cruise with DCL on the Wonder. DH had been promising to get me a new wedding ring set with blue diamonds. The Sophia Fiori jeweler was on board that cruise. In the light the stones are the same shade as the glaciers. I loved the ring and the fact they were the same pretty color as the glacier.So DH bought it for me and I bought him the matching men's wedding band :lovestruc

Thank you very much for the nice compliments. Technically I can call it a Disney ring. It was purchased on our Alaska cruise with DCL on the Wonder. DH had been promising to get me a new wedding ring set with blue diamonds. The Sophia Fiori jeweler was on board that cruise. In the light the stones are the same shade as the glaciers. I loved the ring and the fact they were the same pretty color as the glacier.So DH bought it for me and I bought him the matching men's wedding band :lovestruc

What a lovely, romantic story, and makes your rings very extra special! Oh those Sophia Fiori guys! Very nice, and beautiful jewelry! I've gotten a couple DCL necklaces from them. I found a ring at one of the jewelry stores in Juno that was supposed to be hearts made out of abalone. Well, all I could see was hidden mickeys! So guess who got that ring! Ha ha ha! Not nearly as nice and beautiful as yours, but lots of fun indeed!

So what is everyone thinking about it being a members cruise? We all know DCL does all kind of stuff, are any of you expecting some similarities, or have there been othe rr ABD member cruises? First cruise for me let alone a members cruise, wife has been on a DCL.

We have done DCL DVC member cruises and I would hope that ABD adds some extra pixie dust to this DVC member river cruise. However, this is the first year that ABD is doing river cruises and the DVC member one is the first sailing. My expectations are high but that is simply because it is ABD. They would be high even if it weren't a DVC member river cruise. I did get my first dose of pixie dust for this trip already! We received our first ever surprise upgrade on any cruise. We've been on 15 Disney cruises ad that has never happened. We got an email letting us know we had been upgraded to a category AA cabin which is the one just below a suite! That made my day. I'd been having a stressful week and really looking forward to this vacation! It was a most pleasant and unexpected surprise! I imagine someone must have cancelled their AA cabin and the wait list had someone hoping for a cabin in our category.

We have done DCL DVC member cruises and I would hope that ABD adds some extra pixie dust to this DVC member river cruise. However, this is the first year that ABD is doing river cruises and the DVC member one is the first sailing. My expectations are high but that is simply because it is ABD. They would be high even if it weren't a DVC member river cruise. I did get my first dose of pixie dust for this trip already! We received our first ever surprise upgrade on any cruise. We've been on 15 Disney cruises ad that has never happened. We got an email letting us know we had been upgraded to a category AA cabin which is the one just below a suite! That made my day. I'd been having a stressful week and really looking forward to this vacation! It was a most pleasant and unexpected surprise! I imagine someone must have cancelled their AA cabin and the wait list had someone hoping for a cabin in our category.

@calypso726 that is awesome about the upgrade, great for you guys!

We agree that the fact of the cruise itself through Disney, set high standards, let alone a members cruise....

Being that this is the first ABD Danube river cruise, I would expect someone from ABD management to be on board and thus lots of "extras!" My parents were on the very first Amazon River Cruise and Galapagos adventure and they received lots of "special treatment!" ;)

I wonder how the welcome reception is going to work on these River cruises or if they are even going to bother with something like that on these cruises. I can't imagine that they'd have everyone sitting around while 160 people introduce themselves. That would take forever. I'm a little sad to be losing that though, and the sense of family you get by traveling with the same group of folks for several days, but I'm hopeful ABD have already thought about this, and will work to foster it even though the groups could be fairly disconnected.

That said, is anyone on the July 21st trip interested in setting up some sort of meet and greet on the ship? Or if you're all doing the pre-day in Budapest, maybe at the Marriott the evening before the cruise? I'd like to know who my fellow DISers are!

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter