Danielle & Adam-9/21/13-Tale as Old as Time-Our at Home Disney Wedding(Updated 9/18)

It's been awhile since I had any wedding updates! But recently there have been two new details added that I'm very excited about.

First, my BFF bought me this sign to put near our guest book.

65a5732e.jpg

It fits the Beauty and the Beast feel perfectly!!

And while going through a Pinterest board I stumbled across Mickey cufflinks and showed them to FI. I thought for sure that he would think they were silly, but he loved them! I found them on ebay for $10 and couldn't resist buying them.

9f3fb225.jpg

I also got bored and did a mock up of what I think I want our centerpieces to look like. To cut a few more dollars, I decided that we'll probably skip the vases for the rose. Please ignore my horrible freehanded number one. I will definitely use a pattern font for the real ones. lol

7093a946.jpg

Other wedding updates:

We found our officiant. She's a part time librarian! How perfect is that? Getting married in a library by a librarian!

Our DJ and our photographer are booked. Last big things we need are cake and limo. We're moving steadily along!

:yay:

Congrats! I'm loving the pictures! You're going to make a beautiful bride!

Subbing! Congrats to you both!! Your story is awesome! I got engaged in Disney too.

I am having an at home Disney wedding too! Will definitely be following you to get ideas and please feel free to do the same. :)

We're just planning on using an iPod for the ceremony music.

Prelude: Tale as Old as Time from Beauty and the Beast
A Whole New World from Aladdin
Can You Feel the Love Tonight from the Lion King
When You Wish Upon a Star from Pinocchio
Married Life from Up (Maybe the end is a little sad for a happy day like a wedding day!)

Precessional: I See the Light from Tangled.

Ceremony: Amor De Mi Alma (The problem with this one is it's such a long song! But it was our first song in High School. We're choir geeks. lol)

Recessional: Tapestry of Nations (YouTube isn't letting the link start for me at the right part, but it's at the 5m14s mark).

Reception:

First Dance: For All Time by Michael Jackson :love:
Father Daughter Dance: My Wish by Rascal Flatts (My pa's choice)

Last Song: Promise

Today, I got bored and ended up making all of the bouquets for the wedding. It all started because someone (who I believe was FI) left the wedding notebook sitting at Michael's on Friday. :scared1: So we had to go back to get it today and new sales had started. And it just so happened that everything we had discussed buying there was now 50%. Score! I had already bought all the red flowers slowly over the last year from JoAnn's, but their yellow ones were crazy expensive. I got these yellow ones for $.74 a piece! wOOt!

I went to use and mooch the hot glue at my parents' house and this is the outcome.

My bouquet and all four of the girls (one is hiding):
f6c77114.jpg

Side view of mine (they're all the same). I was able to incorporate all of the wedding/Beauty and the Beast colors into them:
604c4f17.jpg

Another of mine:
8b65fa06.jpg

And the hidden Mickey in the girls' bouquets, which my youngest sister was kind enough to point out existed!
4fa003c6.jpg

One more thing I can check off the list! Which is good because we're almost at a year out! [/B]

For those following along, I am a HUGE klutz... Today, FI and I went to a bridal show to book our limo and afterwards decided to have a picnic at the garden where we're planning on getting our wedding pictures taken. As we're walking down the steps, I managed to trip and fall and rip a nice hole in my jeans and rip off some of my skin. :headache: Now, I hate shopping so I buy new clothes once in a blue moon and those jeans happened to be the only work appropriate ones that I had left. So it was off to the mall to find a replacement pair.

It turned out to be a good thing though! Because as soon as we walked in the door I saw these!

a1467a3c.jpg

I'm not one to usually wear heels, but these were exactly what I was looking for. Not too high of a heel and one that's on the bigger side. And they were on sale! Score! And while it's the wrong Princess, I took the fact that they're called Tiana as a sign that I needed to get them. Now let's just hope that I can manage to make it down the aisle (which has steps at the beginning of it!) without falling over!

On Friday night, my MOH brought over a surprise that she had for me. I kind of ruined it because I told her I was planning on making DIY ears, forcing her to spill the beans early. FI does not like the new Tuxedo ears at all and I preferred the headband bride ears. Well it turns out that MOH's parents' had the original top hat ears and they didn't want them anymore! They also had bride ears, but I think I might still go the DIY route for me. I just like the idea of a headband more. But I was near tears when MOH was telling me about them.

dfb863f6.jpg

Now if we can just track down some of the Just Married pins, we'll be all set. :thumbsup2

Haven't checked your planning journal in a while...everything seems to be coming together nicely!

Your dress is beautiful...definitely fits the theme too. Those red shoes are really cute too! You did really good on the flowers...I would've never thought they were silk.

I'm totally jealous of you snagging the top hat ears...we REALLY want a pair but can't justify spending $60 - $100 online for them!

Haven't checked your planning journal in a while...everything seems to be coming together nicely!

Your dress is beautiful...definitely fits the theme too. Those red shoes are really cute too! You did really good on the flowers...I would've never thought they were silk.

I'm totally jealous of you snagging the top hat ears...we REALLY want a pair but can't justify spending $60 - $100 online for them!

I thought I had responded to this. Oh the life of the sleep deprived. :sad2:

First off, that's so much! I'm so worried about this wedding looking like it's all over the place because at times I feel like I'm all over the place when it comes to planning it.

It really is a shame that Disney decided to do away with the Top Hat ears. Even worse are people making a bundle off of them by selling them for so much! Same with the Just Married pins. I really want a pair so that we can have matching Just Engaged and a Just Married pictures, but I just can't bring myself to spend $10+ on something that was free! I asked my sister who's a CM to keep an eye out for me, but she said when she asked about them she was told they stopped giving them out because of people selling them for a ridiculous price on Ebay. :( If it comes down to it, I guess I'll just write Just Married on the bottom of the Ever After pins.

I told FI he waited too long to propose. Everything starting changing right around the time he bought the ring. Go figure.

Now that we're below the one year mark (!!!) I've started planning out more of the DIY projects. At first we weren't going to have an aisle runner to cut some costs, but my aunt's boyfriend had one just laying around (a little strange lol) and gave it to us for free! Since it will be the only real piece of decoration at our ceremony, I wanted to spruce it up a little.

I found this when I did a google search for Disney aisle runners. I can already hear my sisters say it's from the wrong movie, but... I do what I want. :P

PH232190511_-_0350lr-298x199.jpg

I want a little more to it than just the words though, so I thought it would be nice to have a fancy looking Mickey head behind it. :idea: After a bunch of random keyword searches I found this website for a Mickey Mouse Trivet and it fit what I have in my head exactly!

7509002524439-2

:yay:

I started fiddling with how to lay it out/incorporate the colors. Originally I had blue words going over the Mickey head in yellow, but FI didn't really like the way it looked. He said it was taking away from the Mickey by having the words on top of it. At first, I'll admit, I was crabby that he didn't like it, but now I'm so glad he didn't! The colors got a little weird when I took the screen shot of it (I made it in Word), but I'm hoping the final product will look something like this:

ScreenShot2012-10-02at102156PM_zps1ac0455a.png

Also, a coworker of FI's has a bunch of red silk rose petals that they want to get rid of (he thinks for free because she's had them for like 7 years and never done anything with them), depending on how many she has I'd love to be able to line the aisle runner with them like so:

101_0473.JPG

Now I just need to find the time to undertake this task. lol

FI and I got our engagement pictures taken at "our spot" in Niagara Falls, ON. While I would love to have had a Disney World engagement session, I am in love with our pictures. Our photographer is amazing!!

We actually got the pictures done the same weekend we'll be getting married next year! It rained A LOT that weekend. It almost looked like we were going to have to cancel, but the weather cooperated wonderfully!

I'm horrible at narrowing pictures down so brace yourself, too many photos are coming. lol

254679_573069837913_1353718561_n_zpscf0f5455.jpg

254679_573069852883_72247680_n_zps5d5435cf.jpg

253148_573072582413_1773591192_n_zpse154b5fc.jpg

546947_573071354873_1589509950_n_zps3f0f0129.jpg

547041_573072851873_1559347042_n_zpsf5ca58c9.jpg

587_573074678213_1167851102_n_zpse2a769c2.jpg

317690_573075481603_852066806_n_zps6c98bb7f.jpg

522363_573073151273_1590311142_n_zps02f7f6d5.jpg

545752_573073944683_835768586_n_zps64f5f269.jpg

421318_573074882803_643412301_n_zps7e7c0a2c.jpg

554529_573073191193_820643345_n_zps91999eef.jpg

579605_573075446673_1248281616_n_zps8cf8ffbe.jpg

535723_573075386793_1945880529_n_zpsaafe285b.jpg

I wish we could get our wedding pictures done here too, but crossing the border would be such a hassle so we've picked out a different location for them.

Other update: my youngest sister just got back from the World and she gave me an early wedding present:

302239_4782936817142_1593956493_n_zps1ac844be.jpg

I am so excited I can barely contain myself.
falling.gif
She snagged them while she was at Le Cellier! Now we just have to hope that the drama going on with our cruise works itself out and we'll be all set. :thumbsup2

Your pictures look gorgeous! I also really love the one with the Pride and Prejudice book, what a good idea!

I just read through this and love your plans so far! I found it through Alicia's trip reports. Which were great by the way!...I love how into Disney your whole family is! That's awesome you were able to get the Just Married buttons! Your pics came out awesome too!

Your pictures look gorgeous! I also really love the one with the Pride and Prejudice book, what a good idea!

Thanks! :) I really originally decided to take the book since we're having vintage books as our centerpieces, but then while I was packing it noticed the quote on the back! Being the bookworm that I am, I just couldn't resist asking our photographer to get a picture with it!

I just read through this and love your plans so far! I found it through Alicia's trip reports. Which were great by the way!...I love how into Disney your whole family is! That's awesome you were able to get the Just Married buttons! Your pics came out awesome too!

Haha, yes, our entire family is definitely Disney obsessed. And it's a good thing too or I never would have landed those pins! lol

As soon as I saw these pictures, I knew I wanted to give my BMs/MOH cards to ask them. I'm socially awkward anyway and figured a card would be the better route for me.

Now that we've asked anyone who might stumble upon them here on the DIS, I thought I'd share the finish product. I used some random scrapbooking paper that I had laying around and some tape/glue and voila! Cards.

I'm having four girls. My two sisters, my best friend and another very good friend.
IMG_2486_zpsc904b50d.jpg

Sis 1 got Ariel and my MOH got Aurora.
IMG_2487_zps7ba7c6c8.jpg

Sis 2 got Tiana and friend is going to be getting Cinderella (haven't had time to ask her yet!)
IMG_2488_zpsc60e083b.jpg

I didn't have quite enough paper for everyone's to be the same, so I used a different piece to make MOH's card.
IMG_2489_zps725bcbba.jpg

For the other three I used the same.
IMG_2490_zpsa4d07bd9.jpg

I hand wrote a poem in them and then added a Mickey head (also from my pile of scrapbooking stuff).
IMG_2491_zpscd211cc5.jpg

So far only MOH, my sisters and brother, and FI's best man have been asked. We don't think we're really going to have time to ask the rest of the wedding party until after Thanksgiving and maybe not even until January, which really isn't a huge deal. We still have plenty of time!

Thanks! :) I really originally decided to take the book since we're having vintage books as our centerpieces, but then while I was packing it noticed the quote on the back! Being the bookworm that I am, I just couldn't resist asking our photographer to get a picture with it!

Ooh, can't wait to see how those centerpieces come out!

Also, I love the cards that you made! I've always loved that artwork and it's great how creative you were with it to turn them into bridesmaids cards!

I LOVE your engagement pictures they turned out so cute. I think my favorites are the first two...but you both look so happy and great together!!

I think the cards you made for your bridesmaids and MOH are really special. I'm sure they were/will be thrilled with them. I just love that they are so personal and still incorporate the Disney Magic!!

Can't wait to hear more about your plans as time goes on!

Brooke

Just caught up on your PJ. Loving all your plans and details! Your dress is gorgeous! The bridesmaid cards are so cute! Love how the bouquets turned out. Your engagement pics are fantastic, very romantic! You took them in a lovely location.

Looking forward to reading more! :goodvibes

LOVE LOVE LOVE those cards!

Thanks so much!

Ooh, can't wait to see how those centerpieces come out!

Also, I love the cards that you made! I've always loved that artwork and it's great how creative you were with it to turn them into bridesmaids cards!

FI's co-worker also gave us a bunch of silk rose petals for free so we're probably going to be adding those to our centerpieces to make it look like the rose petals are falling off the rose. I'm way too excited about it! :woohoo:

I LOVE your engagement pictures they turned out so cute. I think my favorites are the first two...but you both look so happy and great together!!

I think the cards you made for your bridesmaids and MOH are really special. I'm sure they were/will be thrilled with them. I just love that they are so personal and still incorporate the Disney Magic!!

Can't wait to hear more about your plans as time goes on!

Brooke

Thanks! I think so far my youngest sister was the most excited about her card. She loves Tiana. :)

Just caught up on your PJ. Loving all your plans and details! Your dress is gorgeous! The bridesmaid cards are so cute! Love how the bouquets turned out. Your engagement pics are fantastic, very romantic! You took them in a lovely location.

Looking forward to reading more! :goodvibes

Aw, thanks so much! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter