Dancing

Scar007

Earning My Ears
I'm going to Disneyworld Florida for first time and was wondering is
There anywhere where I can slow dance with my partner???
Thanks

Welcome!!

I'd vote for anywhere your fancy strikes!! Aren't those the best slow dancing locations ;)

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

DH and I waited around after Wishes was over in the MK and danced in the Rose Garden in front of the Castle. Very romantic, and it was as though we had the whole place to ourselves! :thumbsup2 People rush for the exits as soon as the fireworks are over, but Disney doesn't kick you out of the parks right away. Linger, dance, enjoy and feel like you're the only people there!

Since the end of Pleasure Island, I don't think there's any place actually dedicated for dancing (I could be wrong). So pretty much any place you like as long as you don't mind potential onlookers. Maybe by the wishing well, the rose garden or near the "Partners" statue.

Hi loveshak is there anywhere in particular you would reccomend?
Cheers

Before I start recommendations (not that I have a ton - LOL), a few follow-up questions :thumbsup2

When you say you are looking for a place to dance do you mean someplace where it will just be the two of you and you can have a romantic dance? Or do you mean an actual place with a band and music? Or something in the middle where you might have a little privacy but it's not a secluded spot for just the two of you but the back drop would just be perfect??

Also, are you staying on property? If so, what resort? Are you planning on visiting all 4 parks?

We staying on international drive and we doing all the parks I don't
Mind people looking at us dance, would prefer slow dancing if possible
Thanks loveshak

So some of my thoughts would be.....

1. Try to get a dinner reservation at 'Ohana for an hour and a half before Wishes. Then after dinner go down to the beach and watch the fireworks and dance...I think they pipe the Wishes music on the beach but I'm not 100% about that. But that would require some time away from the parks if you aren't staying at the Poly.

2. After a day at MK take the boat to the Poly and walk along the beach and dance...no music though

3. Get a pre-park opening breakfast and you can enter the park before it opens. Ten you can walk down main street to the castle and slow dance in front of the castle in an almost empty park.

4. Like another poster said, hang around after the fireworks at MK and dance in the rose garden in front of the castle....a little more crowded but more romantic because it's evening

5. Around Epcot there are a lot of places to duck away. At night there are several dimly lit trails between the area where test track is and the world showcase...find one of those and if the moon is out they'd be a nice spot

6. Epcot also has a lot of cute places around the world showcase....there's a bridge going over by the Frencg pavilion (I may be remembering where that is wrong but it's that direction)... A slow dance at night there after the park is emptying would be a good spot...especially if you can get a late dinner reservation that gets you finished after the park has closed...that might be a great idea actually then you'd have tons of places in Epcot to dance. There's a little side spot by the French pavilion, an area where they sometimes have a band by the Rose and Crown, or do a dinner at Le Cellier and there is some water over there and like this cave thing that would be secluded.

7. There's not much at HS but maybe when everyone heads to Fantasmic you can dance in front of the pond/ lagoon they have there.

8. Animal kingdom has some trails you can dance as you walk through the park. There also some quiet places around the tree of life

My fav options are the poly beach or one of many places at Epcot after a late dinner or after people are leaving the park if you don't want to do a dinner!

Good luck picking!!!

loveshak22 said:
So some of my thoughts would be.....

1. Try to get a dinner reservation at 'Ohana for an hour and a half before Wishes. Then after dinner go down to the beach and watch the fireworks and dance...I think they pipe the Wishes music on the beach but I'm not 100% about that. But that would require some time away from the parks if you aren't staying at the Poly.

2. After a day at MK take the boat to the Poly and walk along the beach and dance...no music though

3. Get a pre-park opening breakfast and you can enter the park before it opens. Ten you can walk down main street to the castle and slow dance in front of the castle in an almost empty park.

4. Like another poster said, hang around after the fireworks at MK and dance in the rose garden in front of the castle....a little more crowded but more romantic because it's evening

5. Around Epcot there are a lot of places to duck away. At night there are several dimly lit trails between the area where test track is and the world showcase...find one of those and if the moon is out they'd be a nice spot

6. Epcot also has a lot of cute places around the world showcase....there's a bridge going over by the Frencg pavilion (I may be remembering where that is wrong but it's that direction)... A slow dance at night there after the park is emptying would be a good spot...especially if you can get a late dinner reservation that gets you finished after the park has closed...that might be a great idea actually then you'd have tons of places in Epcot to dance. There's a little side spot by the French pavilion, an area where they sometimes have a band by the Rose and Crown, or do a dinner at Le Cellier and there is some water over there and like this cave thing that would be secluded.

7. There's not much at HS but maybe when everyone heads to Fantasmic you can dance in front of the pond/ lagoon they have there.

8. Animal kingdom has some trails you can dance as you walk through the park. There also some quiet places around the tree of life

My fav options are the poly beach or one of many places at Epcot after a late dinner or after people are leaving the park if you don't want to do a dinner!

Good luck picking!!!

Rix Lounge in CSR has a dance floor and music.

Not sure what kind of music you like but there used to be as of two years ago (not sure what nights or if they are still there) a big band that plays on the second floor overlooking the lobby. My husband and I make a point of stopping there and dancing whenever we are at WDW. They even take requests and played our wedding song once- Louis Armstrong! It is even better after a great meal at Citrico's or Victoria and Alberts if you can swing that.

Have fun!

I would definitely agree with the poster who said the GF, it's beautiful in there, and if the band is going that would be amazing! I also suggest anywhere between the hub & the train station in Magic Kingdom after Wishes. On our last trip we saw a couple dancing on Main Street, so close, not a care in the world, so in love and seriously moved us to tears.

There are many places you can dance, that's what Disney's for!

I'm going to Disneyworld Florida for first time and was wondering is
There anywhere where I can slow dance with my partner???
Thanks
Try the Scat Cat Club at Port Orleans French Quarter on Wed thru Sat nights. Elliot Dyson plays there and encourages dancing. That is hubby's and my favorite spots to dance. He is fantastic and plays all types of music and takes requests. You can dance on the sides or in the entrance way around the fountain.
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/destinations/disneys-boardwalk/entertainment/atlantic-dance-hall/

Atlantic Dance Hall at the Boardwalk. I am not sure about slow dancing I have never been in there so I don't know what type of music they play.

Music at the Atlantic Dance Hall is to music videos - not a lot of slow dancing. We tried there and they only did about 2 slow songs if somebody requested one and there was a music video.
When walking thru the lobby at POFQ, we heard Elliot Dyson and stopped for a while. We love to dance and started dancing on the side. Now he is a must stop no matter where we stay at Disney or even Orlando (we go there even when we are at Universal) - in fact we plan our Disney trips so that we will be there to go see him on the days he performs. He plays all types of music - good old fashioned dance music (slow, waltz, cha cha, rumba, fox trot, jive, swing, etc) everything from Elvis to Frank Sinatra, Neil Diamond to Louis Armstrong, Beatles to Archies. He plays four different saxes, electronic wind instrument, keyboard, guitar, flute, and steel drums as well as sings. Not only does he play good music, he is very entertaining so much so that he has a following of locals.

When walking thru the lobby at POFQ, we heard Elliot Dyson and stopped for a while. We love to dance and started dancing on the side. Now he is a must stop no matter where we stay at Disney or even Orlando (we go there even when we are at Universal) - in fact we plan our Disney trips so that we will be there to go see him on the days he performs. He plays all types of music - good old fashioned dance music (slow, waltz, cha cha, rumba, fox trot, jive, swing, etc) everything from Elvis to Frank Sinatra, Neil Diamond to Louis Armstrong, Beatles to Archies. He plays four different saxes, electronic wind instrument, keyboard, guitar, flute, and steel drums as well as sings. Not only does he play good music, he is very entertaining so much so that he has a following of locals.

Good to know!! That sounds like fun!!

I did not read the responses.....but WHAT A SWEET QUESTION!!!! I don't have any answer cuz I'd really say ANYWHERE! But your question really touched me. :lovestruc

I did not read the responses.....but WHAT A SWEET QUESTION!!!! I don't have any answer cuz I'd really say ANYWHERE! But your question really touched me. :lovestruc

I thought the same thing :love: very sweet and the song "I Hope You Dance"
immediately came to mind You got some great suggestions here but dance wherever you like too I hope to see you dancing even in a parking lot it would bring a smile to my face

Hello everybody. :dance3::dance3:

:welcome: to the Dis penlove :goodvibes

(Grand Floridian)

Not sure what kind of music you like but... a big band plays on the second floor overlooking the lobby.

This.

The "Grand Floridian Lobby Society Orchestra" dance band is top-notch, and they take requests.
(More HERE.)

Starting late afternoon, the band does 30-45 minute sets
and then heads backstage for a break...
at which time a virtuoso pianist plays for about 30-45 minutes at the GF's
concert grand piano. (The pianist also takes requests.)

Then, the dance band returns for another set, then, the pianist.

Process repeats until about 9:30PM daily.

Perfect for dancing or just relaxing in the beautiful atrium lobby
of the Floridian.

Anyone (regardless of where you are staying) can visit and enjoy the music.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter