D23 Predictions

WDWFantasmicFan

Uber Disney Fan
We all know there are a lot of rumors as to what the future holds for the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, but i'm interested to know what everyone genuinely think will be announced at the D23 Expo next week

My predictions:
MK
- Stitch replacement
- Future of Speedway (probably replacement)

E
- Universe of Energy replacement
- New WS pavilion
- Ratatouille ride + ride in UK pav.
- IllumiNations replacement
- Tease at other changes coming in the future

HS
- SWL / TSL updates
- Great Movie Ride replacement

Other
- Star Wars Hotel
- Gondolas

I personally think this D23 will be a big one for Epcot. What do you think will be announced next week?

ooh, I like the idea of this thread - love some good armchair imagineering ;)

Not sure I would have much different than what you have - though I suspect we get less specifics than what you have laid out. I could see something about EPCOT and how it will be the next area of focus, but with not a lot of detail (maybe about the new country pavilion, something for Innoventions, and Ratatouille - and then just broad thoughts beyond that)

I don't think they announce the Star Wars Hotel yet ... definitely something on the Gondolas though - and I guess an update on CBR with it (maybe the official announcement that DVC is coming there) and then related to that - perhaps maybe even that they are doing away with "Deluxe" Moderate" "Value" for resort classifications

Hmmm.... love the above and would also like to hear about more DVC lounges appearing in other parks. Not earth shattering but would be a nice add.

We all know there are a lot of rumors as to what the future holds for the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, but i'm interested to know what everyone genuinely think will be announced at the D23 Expo next week

My predictions:
MK
- Stitch replacement
- Future of Speedway (probably replacement)

E
- Universe of Energy replacement
- New WS pavilion
- Ratatouille ride + ride in UK pav.
- IllumiNations replacement
- Tease at other changes coming in the future

HS
- SWL / TSL updates
- Great Movie Ride replacement

Other
- Star Wars Hotel
- Gondolas

I personally think this D23 will be a big one for Epcot. What do you think will be announced next week?

I don't think we get all of this. If we did, it would be epic for D23 and set the future of the Parks for the next 5 years. That's not really how Disney works. I think you won't see much for MK, maybe a restaurant announcement or some such. I think EPCOT gets the limelight with Brazil and Rat announced. Nothing else specific right now. For HS you'll see the updates on SWL and TSL. And I think you'll get confirmation of the Gondolas and information on CBR and DVC. That covers all the parks, but leaves the focus this time on EPCOT, plus gives some hotel/DVC information.

Disney understands the value of releasing the information piecemeal. Big announcements are absolutely done at big events, but not all ride announcements are the same.

ooh, I like the idea of this thread - love some good armchair imagineering ;)

Not sure I would have much different than what you have - though I suspect we get less specifics than what you have laid out. I could see something about EPCOT and how it will be the next area of focus, but with not a lot of detail (maybe about the new country pavilion, something for Innoventions, and Ratatouille - and then just broad thoughts beyond that)

I don't think they announce the Star Wars Hotel yet ... definitely something on the Gondolas though - and I guess an update on CBR with it (maybe the official announcement that DVC is coming there) and then related to that - perhaps maybe even that they are doing away with "Deluxe" Moderate" "Value" for resort classifications
Yes, some of mine probably a bit specific to what will be announced - maybe we'll get a generalized "we're bringing some much loved characters into Epcot" comment with a full announcement of Ratatouille.

Star Wars Hotel is a long shot I know, but something they'll have to break ground on soon if they are planning to open it alongside Star Wars Land in 2019 as rumored. Forgot about CBR, so yes, i'd agree - I would expect to see some kind of update on that project.

There is a lot more i'd love for them to announce, but that's wishful thinking!

I am game....

My predictions:

DHS -
More on TSL and SWE - including more on what else like dining and that - yeah I know old news ;)
New Mickey ride to replace GMR

EPCOT -
New ride in France - Rat
New ride for UoE - GotG
Innovations revamp
New spine and opening area

I HOPE they also add, but don't believe they will :
New Pavilion to WS - Brazil?
New ride in UK - no lock on what it is, so doubt they announce it.
Updates to other Pavilions - Coco to Mex, new film to China?

AK -
Pfft just show more Pandora

MK -
Not sure anything here gets shared...
Renew of TL - showing the changes and long term look
Speedway upgrade/replacement???? - kind of doubt this
Stitch replacement - hope but doubt it, it is still seasonal

Edit to add:
Gondola will be announced
New Caribean Beach resort info

I don't think we get all of this. If we did, it would be epic for D23 and set the future of the Parks for the next 5 years. That's not really how Disney works. I think you won't see much for MK, maybe a restaurant announcement or some such. I think EPCOT gets the limelight with Brazil and Rat announced. Nothing else specific right now. For HS you'll see the updates on SWL and TSL. And I think you'll get confirmation of the Gondolas and information on CBR and DVC. That covers all the parks, but leaves the focus this time on EPCOT, plus gives some hotel/DVC information.

Disney understands the value of releasing the information piecemeal. Big announcements are absolutely done at big events, but not all ride announcements are the same.
Probably not (or at least not in as much detail), but anything big (new lands, big rides etc.) for the 50th have to approved soon and groundbreaking within 12-18 months, so IMO we may see some more substantial announcements. We'll soon find out!

I am game....
AK -

I was trying to think of what could be for AK - but I think it will be more of a recap about the launch of Pandora and the positive reception and the extra EMHs they had for it, etc. - almost to like set the stage for how they opened a new land which will be the blueprint for the coming lands

Epcot:

France repurposing & a redo of one of the world showcase craters...my guess is energy.

...nothing else of note: back patting on avatar and tire pumping for mgm.

I was trying to think of what could be for AK - but I think it will be more of a recap about the launch of Pandora and the positive reception and the extra EMHs they had for it, etc. - almost to like set the stage for how they opened a new land which will be the blueprint for the coming lands

I just got my first firsthand account yesterday:

1. Simulator is cool. Restraints don't make sense.
2. Theming is good
3. River ride is huge waste of time/space (described as the Jurassic park boat at IOA)
4. Lighting at night is a problem...stumbling around in the dark...confusing/disorienting
5. Food and merch is "weird"...and not in a Harry Potter good way.

I am new to the whole D23 concept -- do they stream any of this stuff, or is that something that these Disney fan-sites will do instead? I would enjoy tuning in to hear some of it and not just get the update later.

I am game....

My predictions:

DHS -
More on TSL and SWE - including more on what else like dining and that - yeah I know old news ;)
New Mickey ride to replace GMR

EPCOT -
New ride in France - Rat
New ride for UoE - GotG
Innovations revamp
New spine and opening area

I HOPE they also add, but don't believe they will :
New Pavilion to WS - Brazil?
New ride in UK - no lock on what it is, so doubt they announce it.
Updates to other Pavilions - Coco to Mex, new film to China?

AK -

MK -
Not sure anything here gets shared...
Renew of TL - showing the changes and long term look
Speedway upgrade/replacement???? - kind of doubt this
Stitch replacement - hope but doubt it, it is still seasonal

Edit to add:
Gondola will be announced
New Caribean Beach resort info
The SWE area will have a full scale model. That has been confirmed by D23 so I can't wait to see that.

2. Theming is good
3. River ride is huge waste of time/space (described as the Jurassic park boat at IOA)
4. Lighting at night is a problem...stumbling around in the dark...confusing/disorienting
Why don't the restraints make sense?

They've already increased walkway lighting.

Food gets good reviews despite being weird.

I am new to the whole D23 concept -- do they stream any of this stuff, or is that something that these Disney fan-sites will do instead? I would enjoy tuning in to hear some of it and not just get the update later.

No stream unfortunately. I post up to the minute updates tho.

I wish they would have streams of at least the major presentations for D23 Gold members that can't make it to California

2. Theming is good

1. Not sure why the restraints don't make sense - to hold you and your legs in position to be safe and so you can "feel" the banshee
2. concur
3. Waste of space is probably strong - I enjoyed it well enough ... but it definitely could have been more than what it is rather than 1/2 of the attractions in a new land (I think in the original plans this would have been the third of the three attractions and I think then it would match up to expectations more as it wouldn't of had to have been hyped as much)
4. Seems like they have added some, but I agree it could create some issues. Also seems like bioluminesence has been inconsistent so they probably need to get that all sorted out
5. What was weird about the food? I mean, the bowls are just a protein over a grain or vegetable - basically same concept as at Chipotle. Everything I had was excellent. The merchandise (and windtraders in general) i think was a little underwhelming given all the hype - not sure I'd call it "weird" though

Why don't the restraints make sense?

They've already increased walkway lighting.

Food gets good reviews despite being weird.

Not disputing that...just telling it like it was told to me.

The restraints are too elaborate for what the ride does...that was a complaint...something about weird leg restraints?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter