D23 Members $200 discount pp!

HappyGrumpy

DIS Veteran
I am a D23 member and got an update on my FB page that if I book by June 21st 2010 I get $200 discount pp on an ABD with travel through April 26th 2011! This is a better deal than if I use my returning traveler discount I would only receive $100 pp. I just wanted to pass this along! Hope this helps!

The K&L Gateway trip I wanted to take in August is on the list. I had already gotten vacation approved at work, then found out my son has a 3-day middle school orientation that week. Oh, well. :sad1: I would join D23 if I knew they would offer a discount when the itineraries are released, but I usually make my vacation plans earlier than the end of May, so this late in the year isn't very helpful. Thanks for posting the info, HappyGrumpy.

I am a d23 member as well. I was wondering if someone could help me. I can not remember my user name and password. I go through the motions on the disneystore.com to retrieve it and then when I go to purchase exclusive d23 merchandise through disneystore.com at checkout it tells me to log in my d23 info. which i already did. what am I doing wrong.

I appreciate anyones help..and if the moderator could move this to an appropriate area that would be helpful as well.

You know, this is the kind of promotion that ABD does that just drives me nuts...loyal customers who have taken 1 or more trips with them get a measly $100 discount, but they seem to offer equal or better incentives to D23 members, magazine subscribers, etc. Who in their marketing department is this stupid, that they don't recognize that previous customers as their best advertising, and it is in their best interest to lure them back with good incentives?? :confused:

You know, this is the kind of promotion that ABD does that just drives me nuts...loyal customers who have taken 1 or more trips with them get a measly $100 discount, but they seem to offer equal or better incentives to D23 members, magazine subscribers, etc. Who in their marketing department is this stupid, that they don't recognize that previous customers as their best advertising, and it is in their best interest to lure them back with good incentives?? :confused:

It wouldn't make a difference to me if this was available to all people or not , my trip starts on 6/6 so I long ago made my plans. I personaly think they are trying to fill trips that are already scheduled.

It wouldn't make a difference to me if this was available to all people or not , my trip starts on 6/6 so I long ago made my plans. I personaly think they are trying to fill trips that are already scheduled.

I think you're right Tozzie. I also think if you are willing to do a last minute trip with ABD, they may be willing to give you a very good deal to fill up a trip.

I don't have a problem at all with ABD or anybody else offering "last minute" discounts to fill up their trips. If we didn't have such a busy schedule this summer, I would be looking into taking advantage of it. But, I agree that they should also offer a meaningful discount to those of us who are willing to book early and let them hang onto our money for months on end. And that they should reward their loyal customers with a discount that is at least as good as they offer to folks who have never traveled with them before. It seems to me that it would be in ABD's interest, from a financial and planning perspective, to have as many early bookers as possible. Everything that they've done this year with PINs and discounts is telling me I should not be sitting at the computer with my credit card in hand when the new itineraries come out in August. And probably not for the following six months either.

Hey All, We will not be taking advantage of the D23 offer! I was really surprised that that offer is better than the returning guest discount! But I think one of you said that already!!

We wont be taking advantage of the discount due to the fact that as of now we have 2 cruises booked for the beginning of 2011! Every penny and earned vacay time has to go to those!

I feel like the next ABD I do will be Backstage Magic but not until the end of 2011 if I can swing it!

I was just so shocked at how much the discount was:scared1:

Personally, I think the repeat customer and the D23 discounts are too little. It wouldn't convince me to book if I was on the fence. Even the Costco card offer is better than that (at least for my tour). Personally, I stayed on the fence until I received a pin code for $400 off per person. Why, oh why, can't they just go back to the early booking discount?

Personally, I think the repeat customer and the D23 discounts are too little. It wouldn't convince me to book if I was on the fence. Even the Costco card offer is better than that (at least for my tour). Personally, I stayed on the fence until I received a pin code for $400 off per person. Why, oh why, can't they just go back to the early booking discount?

You got a $400 discount pp through costco for an ABD trip?:scared1:

Did I read that wrong?

You got a $400 discount pp through costco for an ABD trip?:scared1:

Did I read that wrong?

Costco gives you a cash card, the amount of which is based on how much you spend. Can be up to $2000. I got $250 for Costa Rica and $350 for Alaska when booking for the two of us. I think beachbunny went to the Galapagos, so she would have gotten a lot more. For Alaska the Coscto card along with the EBD and loyalty discount saved us $1150. When you call the Costco number you are connected directly with ABD, and all of your contact is with ABD reps. It's not like booking through a travel agent.

I did receive a $400 gift card from Costco for booking Galapagos - that's for two people. Plus we received an additional early booking discount which ABD discontinued this year.

This year, after expressing interest in taking an ABD tour, but sitting on the fence for several months, I received a pin code directly from ABD for a $400 discount per person. That's a savings of $800 for two people. I booked the tour to South Africa.

I really wish ABD would stop it already with these last minute discounts. Just go back to the early booking discount and those who plan ahead (and these are probably your most loyal fans) can be the ones who benefit.

Beachbunny--Just curious. How long ago did you receive your pin code???? Does it really pay to wait until the last minute? I heard about other discounts as well, but we have not been getting any of those emails.

We did take advantage of the 3-day cruise offer for booking before Jan. 15. I guess that's something--but the Pin code would be nice.

Beachbunny--Just curious. How long ago did you receive your pin code???? Does it really pay to wait until the last minute? I heard about other discounts as well, but we have not been getting any of those emails.

We did take advantage of the 3-day cruise offer for booking before Jan. 15. I guess that's something--but the Pin code would be nice.

I received a PIN in March and it was only good until March 31. This year it has definitely paid to wait, but I hope they change their strategy for 2011.

We booked through Costco too - for China for 3 of us, it will be $700+ back. And we got the cruise deal in addition.

Disneyphx: I didn't think you could stack discounts/rewards. I was told you couldn't do this. Costco wouldn't give me both the gift card plus the repeat ABD discount. They also wouldn't stack my pin code with their gift card. I wonder if Costco made a mistake with your booking?

Disneyphx: I didn't think you could stack discounts/rewards. I was told you couldn't do this. Costco wouldn't give me both the gift card plus the repeat ABD discount. They also wouldn't stack my pin code with their gift card. I wonder if Costco made a mistake with your booking?

I got the Costco cash card, the EBD and the return guest discount on our 2009 trip. And in 2008 I got the EBD and the Costco cash card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter