D23 EXPO THREAD - See you in 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We also booked the DVC tour of Soarin' today at DCA for July 12. This tour is insanely difficult to book at Epcot, but fairly easy to book at DCA. So any DVC members that are interested, you can book it today for the 12th, and a week from today for the 19th, depending on your travel plans. (its only on Wednesdays)...
We did this tour in March, highly recommended :thumbsup2
Based on reviews of the Epcot tour, the DCA version seems much better.

Reading the expo stories has me looking forward to it but there is no way I will be found in overnight lines.

I'll barely get up at my planned 6am to make it to the entrance line by 7am. Or is that too late? I'm wondering if I need to adjust my wake up time a bit - especially on Saturday.
I'll be at the Marriott right there at the convention center which will be nice as long as the elevators aren't jam packed. Last time I stayed there was during a huge convention and the elevators were a disaster. Too many people trying to use them at once. We gave up and took the stairs - 16 teenage boys and us 2 chaperons up 14 flights I think it was. Just thinking about that now wears me out. LOL

@GaSleepingBeautyFan Your questions are a little hard to answer...each Expo is different and has had different line guidelines. In 2015, there was a cut-off time for getting in the overnight inside queue versus the outside. Inside was much better than being in the heat, but again...2017 is currently a mystery.

Reading the expo stories has me looking forward to it but there is no way I will be found in overnight lines.

I'll barely get up at my planned 6am to make it to the entrance line by 7am. Or is that too late? I'm wondering if I need to adjust my wake up time a bit - especially on Saturday.
I'll be at the Marriott right there at the convention center which will be nice as long as the elevators aren't jam packed. Last time I stayed there was during a huge convention and the elevators were a disaster. Too many people trying to use them at once. We gave up and took the stairs - 16 teenage boys and us 2 chaperons up 14 flights I think it was. Just thinking about that now wears me out. LOL
Oooo ... thanks for reminding me about elevators and convention hotels. I'm booked at the Hilton and one of their Honors upgrades is to select your room or floor. Think I'll definitely take 'em up on that. Low floor, please.

@GaSleepingBeautyFan Your questions are a little hard to answer...each Expo is different and has had different line guidelines. In 2015, there was a cut-off time for getting in the overnight inside queue versus the outside. Inside was much better than being in the heat, but again...2017 is currently a mystery.

Very true! I will say that you'll likely be outside in the heat for a while if you wait that long to get in line.

So that Sorcerer's email lists the email receipiants (they really should have hidden that) and there are only 74 others.
Do you think they sent several emails or there are only 75 Sorcerer tickets??

So that Sorcerer's email lists the email receipiants (they really should have hidden that) and there are only 74 others.

It only went to the lead person on the reservation not every ticket holder. We have 2 sorcerer's tickets in our household and only got 1 email. Not sure what the limit was.

It only went to the lead person on the reservation not every ticket holder. We have 2 sorcerer's tickets in our household and only got 1 email. Not sure what the limit was.
Thanks! I was thinking there'd be a huge number of us. Keeps it even for the other ticket holders if there's not too many

It seemed to me in my email like it was grouped alphabetically. My email featured emails with letters in the H-N range. So I suspect there are more than 75 but not more than a couple hundred. A bit of a blunder to share all of the emails. I suppose the BCC feature was unfamiliar to whoever composed the emails...

It seemed to me in my email like it was grouped alphabetically. My email featured emails with letters in the H-N range. So I suspect there are more than 75 but not more than a couple hundred. A bit of a blunder to share all of the emails. I suppose the BCC feature was unfamiliar to whoever composed the emails...

So you can see the e-mails of everyone that is on your e-mail? That is really...not good. Yikes.

I'm a little surprised we haven't had an email apology...I regularly send large batch emails and I'm super paranoid about stuff like this, but I also understand that humans screw things up.:rotfl:

So you can see the e-mails of everyone that is on your e-mail? That is really...not good. Yikes.

Yep you can see everyone in the group. Someone put it all in the same field instead of the BCC ing everyone.

I just hope it doesn't cause issues later but can't imagine anyone is going to do something with the email addresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter