D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So we'll be staying offsite, with plans to visit on 6/12. I want to get our ducks in a row prior making our SWGE reservations on May 2. I read the blog, and other than stating we have to have a Disney account prior to reserving I don't see anything else that we have to do ahead of time. Does anyone think it would it make any difference if we buy our park tickets prior to May 2?

I finally got through and spoke to a live person. I am confirmed for May 31 at 8am and will receive an email very soon.

So we'll be staying offsite, with plans to visit on 6/12. I want to get our ducks in a row prior making our SWGE reservations on May 2. I read the blog, and other than stating we have to have a Disney account prior to reserving I don't see anything else that we have to do ahead of time. Does anyone think it would it make any difference if we buy our park tickets prior to May 2?

I doubt it , as Im sure many people already have bought park tickets, either direct through Disney or from official third party sellers like Undercover Tourist or Last Minute Travel Club

I wonder if it would be worth it to get the reservation when they are released, or if the system will crash? I won’t be home or near a computer. I could use my phone but I’ve had issues using it when on the Disney site. If Disney messed up their priority hotel guests reservations, what does that say for the rest of us :crazy2:

I wonder if it would be worth it to get the reservation when they are released, or if the system will crash? I won’t be home or near a computer. I could use my phone but I’ve had issues using it when on the Disney site. If Disney messed up their priority hotel guests reservations, what does that say for the rest of us :crazy2:
They’ve started using the queue it system with moonlight magic so I imagine they will do so for this as well.

Does anyone know if you have to have a park ticket when making your reservation on May 2nd or can you add it later? This is for the non-resort guests. Thanks!

Ok, after 2 hour hold&chat time I can now confirm what everyone else has been saying- the day is adjusted to correct for the proper arrival/departure and the time has remained the same. My one night reservation arriving 05/30 has a reservation day/time of 05/31 8am- 12noon.

The cast member was lovely and did her best to help with a few logistical questions:
1) What happens if you are in line waiting to buy merch or experience SR when your time expires? No info right now, ask a cast member on site.

2) If your hotel stay has room to add individuals without going over room capacity, when is the deadline to add the names? There is no deadline, but to add a person to a SW:GE reservation you need to 1) call the HOTEL reservation line and add the names to the stay AND 2) call the STAR WARS GE phone line to add the names to your day/time SW:GE reservation. (Please note, I am not personally confident that 1=2, meaning there will be automatic capacity in the SW:GE reservation.)

Heard hotel guests are getting reservation info for SWGE. When should us locals with Signature AP's get an email?

Ok, after 2 hour hold&chat time I can now confirm what everyone else has been saying- the day is adjusted to correct for the proper arrival/departure and the time has remained the same. My one night reservation arriving 05/30 has a reservation day/time of 05/31 8am- 12noon.

The cast member was lovely and did her best to help with a few logistical questions:
1) What happens if you are in line waiting to buy merch or experience SR when your time expires? No info right now, ask a cast member on site.

2) If your hotel stay has room to add individuals without going over room capacity, when is the deadline to add the names? There is no deadline, but to add a person to a SW:GE reservation you need to 1) call the HOTEL reservation line and add the names to the stay AND 2) call the STAR WARS GE phone line to add the names to your day/time SW:GE reservation. (Please note, I am not personally confident that 1=2, meaning there will be automatic capacity in the SW:GE reservation.)

Quick Question.... can you adopt me and my family real quick :)

Are there separate reservations for those with Annual passes? I haven't heard anything yet. Looks like it's just guests of the resorts and then everyone else starting May 2nd.

I meant to quote this: "Heard hotel guests are getting reservation info for SWGE. When should us locals with Signature AP's get an email?"

Really hoping the reservation time is easily modifiable. We arrive the night of the 31st and our slot is 11-3 (it says the 30th, but it means the 31st), so we won't even be there.

Are there separate reservations for those with Annual passes? I haven't heard anything yet. Looks like it's just guests of the resorts and then everyone else starting May 2nd.

I meant to quote this: "Heard hotel guests are getting reservation info for SWGE. When should us locals with Signature AP's get an email?"

I don't think they are doing reservations for AP's. I think you just have to be in the park and make your reservation that day if you get lucky.

I don't think they are doing reservations for AP's. I think you just have to be in the park and make your reservation that day if you get lucky.

It doesn’t sound like APs will get any special booking, but there is no reason they can’t do the advance reservation on May 2nd. Nothing in the announcement today makes it sound like APs would be excluded.

I agree. Disney hasn’t put out anything to date saying that APs would get priority on the reservation system.

Heard hotel guests are getting reservation info for SWGE. When should us locals with Signature AP's get an email?

Check the parks blog on 5/2 at 8am PT for details on how to book, reservations open 2 hours later at 10am PT.

The reservation system goes live starting May 2nd for non-resort guests. They said more information available at 8:00 a.m. that morning and then at 10:00 a.m. is when you have a chance to try and snag a reservation.

I was on chat and this is the info I was given: For non-resort guests, no ticket is required to make a reservation. They are unsure of how many guests you will be able to include in your reservation at this point but it will be for more than one. Also, you must create an account prior to May 2, 2019, in order to make a reservation. Hope this helps someone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter