D23 Expo 2015 - Who's in? Roll call!

In the past, yes, no cameras or cell phones were allowed in the presentations that were showing sneak footage or previously unreleased trailers. You handed them your phone, they put it in a zip lock baggie with half a raffle ticket and you got the other half of the ticket to claim your phone after the presentation.

This changed in 2013, they gave you bags you sealed yourself that you kept - they were like the plastic mailing bags, you placed your own items into them and sealed it, then keeping the bag.

Are D23 tickets transferable, does anyone know? Or do you need to show photo ID? I see them on Craigslist but I'm not sure how legit they are. Thanks for any insight.

Ugh, this thread is honestly making me more stressed. No one knows what to expect with the new rules. I really only have a couple "must dos" so I'll try to be happy with what I can get into.

Are D23 tickets transferable, does anyone know? Or do you need to show photo ID? I see them on Craigslist but I'm not sure how legit they are. Thanks for any insight.

From the D23 website:

No cancellations, refunds, or transfers are permitted for D23 EXPO tickets. Tickets cannot be returned for any merchandise credit and have no cash value. The D23 EXPO is not responsible for lost, stolen, or forgotten tickets.

So I would pass on any second hand tickets. We are Gold so I'm not sure if other levels are different but our names are printed on them and you have to show your membership card with it to get in.

From the D23 website:

No cancellations, refunds, or transfers are permitted for D23 EXPO tickets. Tickets cannot be returned for any merchandise credit and have no cash value. The D23 EXPO is not responsible for lost, stolen, or forgotten tickets.

So I would pass on any second hand tickets. We are Gold so I'm not sure if other levels are different but our names are printed on them and you have to show your membership card with it to get in.

Thanks - I thought it was just the memberships that weren't transferable. That's good to know.

Ugh, this thread is honestly making me more stressed. No one knows what to expect with the new rules. I really only have a couple "must dos" so I'll try to be happy with what I can get into.

Same here. But it is my first D23, so I'll just be happy to be there. Hopefully I can get into at least 1 of the things I want to see.

It's my first D23 as well. I'm a planner by nature, though, so not knowing what to expect is stressful.

I know how you feel, which is why I'm stressing more the more I think about it. Not sure how early I should arrive for the movie panel on Saturday, and if I should even both trying to get into the parks panel. I guess if I get into the movie panel I'll just wing it the rest of the way.

Most stuff I kind of want to check out is on Saturday. So I think Friday will be more hanging with friends and trying to figure how everthing works/where everything is so slightly prepared for Sat. Haha If I get into anything on friday will be great though.

This overnight lineup business is complicating things. LOL Grrr

Curious if others understand things the way I do.

Goal: To get in to the Legends Ceremony, Friday, 10am, Hall D23.

My read on things is that the order of entry for the Hall D23 will be as follows:
1st in: Anyone who is there between 10pm - 7am
2nd in: Anyone who is there after 7am (allowed to enter at 8am)

Of course, seats will be saved for Sorcerer's Package attendees who can arrive up to 15 min (?) prior.

3rd in: Filling the empty Sorcerer seats at the last minute.

Furthermore, Gold and Silver D23 membership does nothing for entrance to the line up to get in to Legends Ceremony.

So the bottom line is as long as you are in line before 7am and there are less than 7,000 people minus the amount of seats saved for Sorcerer peeps in line, you are in the presentation. Yes?

Is this how others understand the arrangement to be?

Thanks, Dreams

This overnight lineup business is complicating things. LOL Grrr

Curious if others understand things the way I do.

Goal: To get in to the Legends Ceremony, Friday, 10am, Hall D23.

My read on things is that the order of entry for the Hall D23 will be as follows:
1st in: Anyone who is there between 10pm - 7am
2nd in: Anyone who is there after 7am (allowed to enter at 8am)

Of course, seats will be saved for Sorcerer's Package attendees who can arrive up to 15 min (?) prior.

3rd in: Filling the empty Sorcerer seats at the last minute.

Furthermore, Gold and Silver D23 membership does nothing for entrance to the line up to get in to Legends Ceremony.

So the bottom line is as long as you are in line before 7am and there are less than 7,000 people minus the amount of seats saved for Sorcerer peeps in line, you are in the presentation. Yes?

Is this how others understand the arrangement to be?

Thanks, Dreams

As far as the presentations in Hall D23 go in the morning, there really is no 1st in, 2nd in, etc. Anyone who arrives before 7am will be directed to Hall E to lineup inside. For those who wish to enter the show floor, they will be directed to their respective membership lines (Gold, Silver, General,etc) and those who want to see the presentation will be directed to a line for that (regardless of membership level).

For those arriving after 7am and want to go directly to the show floor, will be directed to their respective membership lines outside and those who want to go see the presentation will be directed to Hall E, where they will join the line-up of those already waiting.

All of this information is at www.d23expo.com, under 'Things to Know'

As far as the presentations in Hall D23 go in the morning, there really is no 1st in, 2nd in, etc. Anyone who arrives before 7am will be directed to Hall E to lineup inside. For those who wish to enter the show floor, they will be directed to their respective membership lines (Gold, Silver, General,etc) and those who want to see the presentation will be directed to a line for that (regardless of membership level).

For those arriving after 7am and want to go directly to the show floor, will be directed to their respective membership lines outside and those who want to go see the presentation will be directed to Hall E, where they will join the line-up of those already waiting.

All of this information is at www.d23expo.com, under 'Things to Know'

Thanks for replying. I understand and agree with what you have said, but there are only 7,000 seats. Someone goes in first. Is your understanding that if you are in Hall E prior to 7am, you WILL be in the Legends Awards ceremony?

Some group has to go in first as there is a limited number of seats. Do those in Hall E prior to 7am get entrance to Hall D23 before those lining up outside?

Thanks for replying. I understand and agree with what you have said, but there are only 7,000 seats. Someone goes in first. Is your understanding that if you are in Hall E prior to 7am, you WILL be in the Legends Awards ceremony?

Some group has to go in first as there is a limited number of seats. Do those in Hall E prior to 7am get entrance to Hall D23 before those lining up outside?

There will be no lining up outside for the 10am Legends ceremony, that will take place in Hall E, regardless of when you arrive. Of course someone has to go in first, which will be those in the front of the line, the earlier you get there, the better you seat/chance of getting a seat. Being in the Hall E lineup doesn't guarantee a seat really. If 8,000 people show up at 1am, but you show up at 3am, even though you're there before 7am, you won't be getting a seat. It's first come, first serve.

A-freaking-lot lol. But other than that no idea, some say the attendance is going to upwards of 50,000. So who knows what the distribution is.

There will be no lining up outside for the 10am Legends ceremony, that will take place in Hall E, regardless of when you arrive. Of course someone has to go in first, which will be those in the front of the line, the earlier you get there, the better you seat/chance of getting a seat. Being in the Hall E lineup doesn't guarantee a seat really. If 8,000 people show up at 1am, but you show up at 3am, even though you're there before 7am, you won't be getting a seat. It's first come, first serve.
Okay, you hit on the key that I was wondering about in my question. There is no separate line outside for Legends. So the doors open for the Gold and Silver members and if they want to go to the Legends ceremony, off they go to Hall E. Doors open for General admission and those wanting to see Legends go to Hall E. I was not reading it that way.

I've been to every Expo and had a "plan" for this year. Then they threw in the early line up and I'm re-adjusting my plan. Thanks for your input. If anyone sees that it will happen differently, please feel welcome to comment.

Thanks!

This changed in 2013, they gave you bags you sealed yourself that you kept - they were like the plastic mailing bags, you placed your own items into them and sealed it, then keeping the bag.

I forgot about that, because I didn't go to any arena presentations last time. The first year I went they took my license to put it in the bag with my stuff. My camera, my phone, and my ID? Scary. lol

Try not to be stressed! The whole experience is fun and amazing. You'll have a great time no matter what.

I forgot about that, because I didn't go to any arena presentations last time. The first year I went they took my license to put it in the bag with my stuff. My camera, my phone, and my ID? Scary. lol

I assume it's in case there was a mix up with the tickets, they want to ensure its you who's getting your stuff back, so they can just check your photo ID that's in the bag.

My Saturday planning was just made a bit more complicated. My coworker had Friday off, but told me last week he was canceling it, and I could take it off. Now he isn't cancelling it(which is fine, he requested it before I could, so he has the right). So instead of leaving early Friday morning and getting to Anaheim Friday noonish, I'll be there really early am Saturday, since I'll leave right after I'm off work. I'm going to be a zombie but hopefully I can get into the Worlds, Galaxies, and Universes panel on Saturday morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter